Tough and Strong, Sufix's Advance Fluorocarbon Fishing Line

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:02 am

Introduction: Fluorocarbon remains the top choice for anglers seeking a quality fishing line with low underwater visibility. Manufacturers recognize this demand with many now offering technique specific blends of fluorocarbon to better respond to the needs in a cranking versus flipping versus general purpose fluorocarbon. The key ingredient in every special blend of fluorocarbon intended for use as a main line is handling. More naturally suited as a material for leaders, fluorocarbon needs extra processing when extruded for use as a main line. Each manufacturer has their own strategy to achieve this goal and at a previous ICAST, Sufix debuted their latest strategy. Here's our look at Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsufixadvancefluoro.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Fishingelbow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tough and Strong, Sufix's Advance Fluorocarbon Fishing Line

Post by Fishingelbow » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:01 am

Cal, what's that connection knot you're using? Guessing from what I can see in the picture, I'd say it was a uni-to-uni.
How about an article on connection knots? I realize it's a lot of work, but it would certainly be helpful to your readers.
Thank you,

}<(((°>
Never moon a werewolf!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:17 am

I am now using an FG knot... I originally used the Albright special, but had difficulty tying it consistently with all weights of line... so then went to the simpler, Uni to Uni but did not like the size of that knot... so then learned the FG knot using the Daichi Knot Assist Tool 2.0 and my own finishing knot as explained in the Power Pro Hollow Ace article.

These days, I’m mostly using hollow braid, but in the few situations where I am not, it’s the FG knot to connect standard braid to mono or fluoro leaders.
Cal, Managing Editor

Fishingelbow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishingelbow » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:03 am

Thank you for the extended reply, Cal.
I guessed you were using the Uni to Uni because of the size of the knot, but I was forgetting that you were using 50# test braid. For that size braid, I wouldn't knock your results with the FG knot. Good job!

}<(((°>
Never moon a werewolf!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:09 am

You’re welcome... with these knots, it’s important to figure out what you can tie competently and consistently on your own rather than what anyone else says is “the best.”
Cal, Managing Editor