Cold Water Cranking Weapon - River2Sea's Tactical Bassin' DD Crankbait

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 am

Introduction: As the air and water temperature drops in Fall and Winter the reaction bite also cools. Fishing slower and breaking out the finesse gear is often par for the course, but River2Sea and Tactical Bassin' have created a crankbait that is designed to unlock the feeding response in elusive deep holding fish. The Tactical DD Crankbait features a unique size, sound profile, and action that combines to trigger bass whenever, and wherever, baitfish are present.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewriver2s ... kbait.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Cold Water Cranking Weapon - River2Sea's Tactical Bassin' DD Crankbait

Post by Johnny A » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:59 pm

Ordered this bait after reading your review and I just “unboxed” it. It’s got a different profile but similar to a Megabass Cyclone, it’s got a flattened or pressed down that you really can’t see in the pictures. I can’t wait to check it out. I think we still have a good month of colder water.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:58 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:59 pm
Ordered this bait after reading your review and I just “unboxed” it. It’s got a different profile but similar to a Megabass Cyclone, it’s got a flattened or pressed down that you really can’t see in the pictures. I can’t wait to check it out. I think we still have a good month of colder water.
Cool! Yeah it's definitely more compact than most deep divers. A little challenging to reach max depths but really good when fish are suspended above the bottom. Definitely the right time for that deep crank bite. Let us know how it works out for you.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:42 am

Zander wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:59 pm
Cool! Yeah it's definitely more compact than most deep divers. A little challenging to reach max depths but really good when fish are suspended above the bottom. Definitely the right time for that deep crank bite. Let us know how it works out for you.
I was finally able to get out on the water to test the DD crankbait. Water temp where I wanted to work was about 47/48 F but it was a bit on the muddy side, not chocolate milk but it wasn’t anywhere near what I thought would be productive. I working a bridge area ranging from 12’-18’, there were shad or other baitfish I noticed when I left.
The first word I think of is sluggish. It moves with a slow, deliberate even when I was moving it with a little bit of speed. I didn’t catch anything today but I’ll give it a shot over the next few weeks.