Is It A 4, Is It An 8, No It's SuperBraid, by Yo-Zuri

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:42 am

Introduction: There was a time when Yo-Zuri Hybrid was the only line I fished. While there have been other line products to come and go for the manufacturer, that copoly is surprisingly still around. Then again maybe not so surprisingly since it is a good product. On a recent search for some new lines to try, I decided to check in with Yo-Zuri and was happy to find a new-to-me braid product so I bought a couple of spools to check out. Introducing Yo-Zuri's SuperBraid fishing line.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewyozurisuperbraid.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

trevor60
Angler
Angler

Re: Is It A 4, Is It An 8, No It's SuperBraid, by Yo-Zuri

Post by trevor60 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:38 am

Cheers

thanks for the review

I like this braid for certain applications.
Jerkbait fishing. I use the 4 strand 20lb blue. the wirery feeling of the thinner dia works together.
There is less fluffing in the reel on casts;
Doesn't separate as easy;
The thinner dia changes the depth of the jerkbait a plus.
It punches above it weight in the strength. Testing by others put is near 20 - 24lbs knot strength and high 30's straight braid.

Based on my results with 20 I bot 30lbs. Can't say I enjoyed the 30lb. trying other baits squarebills, bladed jigs, lipless, swing heads. the wiriness worked against me and the technique. I had to work harder to target cast and i didn't feel as connected (surprising given it is braid).

I switched to another brand for squarebill, bladed jigs, lipless, swing heads. techniques.

I will definitely buy more 20 and maybe i can find other techniques where i can use the heavier braid.
Maybe 50 as an open area frogging line

Trevor