Souped Up : Aftermarket Bolt-On Reel Handles from Gomexus

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:11 am

Introduction: Aftermarket reel replacement handles have been around for quite some time, and are a popular piece of kit for swimbait enthusiasts. Gomexus is a popular brand in Asia and has jumped into the upgrade scene here in the Americas, partnering with several e-tailers and communities to make their aggressively priced handle and knob kits available to the masses. Built for a variety of reels including Shimano, Daiwa, Abu Garcia and 13 Fishing, the Gomexus Power Handle is available in both aluminum and titanium and designed to be a straightforward bolt-on upgrade.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewgomexuspowerhandle.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Souped Up : Aftermarket Bolt-On Reel Handles from Gomexus

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:47 pm

If they removed the logo/text from their handles, or made "Gomexus" more subtle, I would be buying them for many of my reels. It is not that I dislike the brand, I just prefer not to have many different brand names spelled out on the the same reel... I have some "Megabass" knobs that I have trouble finding a home for :lol:

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:59 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:47 pm
If they removed the logo/text from their handles, or made "Gomexus" more subtle, I would be buying them for many of my reels. It is not that I dislike the brand, I just prefer not to have many different brand names spelled out on the the same reel... I have some "Megabass" knobs that I have trouble finding a home for :lol:
Hahah certainly valid. We match up reels, rods, and even line. I get what you mean.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:36 am

How would you say these compare to Hawgtech handles?

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:27 pm

Great review. I have been stocking their products for the past few months as part of my reel repair business in Australia.
Must say the people at Gomexus are great to deal with and very helpful and also very open to criticism where its due.
I have converted all but one of my reels to Gomexus handles and the one that doesn't have a handle has the Gomexus cork knobs which have a great feel to them. The cork is uncoated and gets the used look which I actually like or you could use a cork sealer as many have done on rods.
So many products in development including complete replacement handles for popular salt water spin reels that dont have removable knobs. There is now drag stars for the screwless type daiwa baitcasters, 6 pointed made from alloy , i have weighed them and are only 1 gram heavier than a zaion star.
The trouble I have when I place an order is I want to keep the stuff for myself instead of selling it

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:29 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:27 pm
Great review. I have been stocking their products for the past few months as part of my reel repair business in Australia.
Must say the people at Gomexus are great to deal with and very helpful and also very open to criticism where its due.
I have converted all but one of my reels to Gomexus handles and the one that doesn't have a handle has the Gomexus cork knobs which have a great feel to them. The cork is uncoated and gets the used look which I actually like or you could use a cork sealer as many have done on rods.
So many products in development including complete replacement handles for popular salt water spin reels that dont have removable knobs. There is now drag stars for the screwless type daiwa baitcasters, 6 pointed made from alloy , i have weighed them and are only 1 gram heavier than a zaion star.
The trouble I have when I place an order is I want to keep the stuff for myself instead of selling it
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:28 am

Are there any Geomexus users who can share their experiences? I am particularly interested in the ones with the cork knobs.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:20 pm

Rodster14 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:28 am
Are there any Geomexus users who can share their experiences? I am particularly interested in the ones with the cork knobs.
They are awesome for the money. I have both cork and non cork grip versions. The cork is not as soft as the rubber grips and need some sealer but it looks sharp. There are a few impressions from users but they are scattered in the DIY spool thread. Also respect to TT for acknowledging that the Gomexus titanium handle looks too much like a DRT knock off and they stated that they can't recommend that handle.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:02 pm

Rodster14 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:28 am
I really like the cork and they are very light for their size, they do get discolored quite easily as they are uncoated but i like that look , others may want to seal the cork. you can also by the cork knobs individually and they will fit Daiwa and Shimano handles. I have a set of the cork knobs on a 95mm SLP works carbon fibre handle. The individual knobs come with 2 bearings and the shims and spacers required to fit them plus a torx bit tool for the end caps.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:44 pm

I got mine in the mail today from Amazon. I was planning to put it on my Antares. It's very big. The handles are huge.