Abu Garcia's Formula for BFS Success - Part One : The Rods

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:18 am

Introduction: As manufacturers scramble to develop components to participate in the burgeoning BFS (bait finesse system) market, few are as equipped as Abu Garcia is t o address both sides of the combo equation. Most can offer a quality rod or reel, but how many can credibly offer both? Yes, I said credibly. I'm talking about doing more than just slapping a shallow spool into an existing reel platform or turning a blank around and wrapping it as a casting rod instead of spinning. I'm speaking of design with intent. Abu Garcia has been building conventional tackle on both sides of the combo equation for quite some time, so it's only natural that they are one of the first to offer a complete rod and reel combo to address anglers' BFS needs. Today we look at one side of their formula, the rods.

Complete Article: https://www.tackletour.com/reviewabugar ... srods.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Abu Garcia's Formula for BFS Success - Part One : The Rods

Post by goldrod » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:03 pm

should have gotten another of the rod they were discontinuing as this price point is HIGH for ANY ABU PRODUCT
but I am curious of the 1-5 rod..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bulldog1935
Angler
Angler

Re: Abu Garcia's Formula for BFS Success - Part One : The Rods

Post by bulldog1935 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 am

My BFS-mod Daiwa reels aren't allergic to JDM-Abu Baitfinese rods.
From shore micro-jigging to kayak niche, low-end market to higher-blank-quality and finish grades, these rods are stacking up around my house.
In every case, they're light in hand, they fish their rated low end and full range with aplomb, and have backbone to turn big fish at the boat.
And yes, if you find one that fits your niche at close-out prices, I recommend snagging at least one.

ImageImage

Xrossfield is closing out now. Abu says the name is because it's a versatile rod to fish bass finesse to seabass.
I burned up my bonus points at fishingshop.kiwi and scored this multipiece for $45.

I liked this rod so much, especially casting 2-g jighead, I went back and bought the 2-pc version, as well.