What happend to Daiwa Product Support ?

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:45 am

Last visited:December 2nd, 2013, 6:47 pm Total posts:27 |
Search user’s posts
(0.01% of all posts / 0.26 posts per day)
Most active forum:Daiwa Product Support
(27 Posts / 100.00% of user’s posts)
Most active topic:Difference between type r and reg. Tatula
(3 Posts / 11.11% of user’s posts)

I was really looking forward to reading some input from them.

I understand days off ...
Travel days ...
Holidays ...
Tight schedules ...
Shows to do ...

But when you introduce yourself to a new service I would think you would like to get it off the ground good and established before going semi MIA for a length of time ... :doh:

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What happend to Daiwa Product Support ?

Post by Finnz922 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:59 am

TT has too many educated members for a rep to keep up...? :lol: :doh:

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:05 am

Finnz922 wrote:TT has too many educated members for a rep to keep up...? :lol: :doh:
:lol: Most of the people on this site probably know more about the workings of Daiwa reels than the people that make them.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:24 am

Most people knew me to be primarily a Shimano guy ...

Now days I run a mixed bag of roughly half and half from the "Land of the Rising Sun".

Maybe I jinxed the forum ... :-k :lol:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:12 pm

cjtoad wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:TT has too many educated members for a rep to keep up...? :lol: :doh:
:lol: Most of the people on this site probably know more about the workings of Daiwa reels than the people that make them.
People who rep the products or even service them, are very unlikely to be the ones who "make" them. ;)
jpd0144 wrote:Most people knew me to be primarily a Shimano guy ...

Now days I run a mixed bag of roughly half and half from the "Land of the Rising Sun".

Maybe I jinxed the forum ... :-k :lol:
Kool to see....what are you thoughts on other Daiwa reels aside the Z2020H/Z200? How do you like your TD Ito? 8-)

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:06 pm

dragon1 wrote: Kool to see....what are you thoughts on other Daiwa reels aside the Z2020H/Z200? How do you like your TD Ito? 8-)
I ended up trading my Ito before ever putting line on it and selling the 1016 spool I had grabbed for it.
I was in fear of getting it scratched or degraded from use ... ](*,)
Hope that don't come back and haunt me as traders remorse.

I also have 3 Steez, 2 zillion type R's, and 2 Tatula type R's to go along with the z2020 and z200.

I use the Z's, zillions, and Tatula's for reaction lures and my Steez for bottom contact.

So far I must say I'm very pleased for their intended use !

Yes they are different in their own identity compared to Shimano ... But in my opinion they are on a level playing field as being leaders in the industry.

I just have to pick and choose which models within each company that best fit my needs.

I'll admit though... and not to proud to say that I'm glad I'm not still beating the drum of only one brand ! It's been a pleasure to experience some of what both giants bring to the table ... 8-)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:27 pm

jpd0144 wrote:Yes they are different in their own identity compared to Shimano ... But in my opinion they are on a level playing field as being leaders in the industry. I just have to pick and choose which models within each company that best fit my needs. I'll admit though... and not to proud to say that I'm glad I'm not still beating the drum of only one brand ! It's been a pleasure to experience some of what both giants bring to the table ... 8-)
YES.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:09 pm

jpd0144 wrote:Yes they are different in their own identity compared to Shimano ... But in my opinion they are on a level playing field as being leaders in the industry. I just have to pick and choose which models within each company that best fit my needs. I'll admit though... and not to proud to say that I'm glad I'm not still beating the drum of only one brand ! It's been a pleasure to experience some of what both giants bring to the table ... 8-)
I am excited to see what Shimano brings out to compete with the Tatula which seems to be dominating the market of ~$150.

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:43 pm

I apologize. All of the things that you mentioned. I will look into getting some more help on answering questions.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Daiwa wrote:I apologize. All of the things that you mentioned. I will look into getting some more help on answering questions.
Good to see you back...we appreciate your time and efforts to be here.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Daiwa wrote:I apologize. All of the things that you mentioned. I will look into getting some more help on answering questions.
No apology needed.

However I will say for the most part ... members here are on top their game.

Here at TT the bar is set high and "we" typically don't buy into product support read from generic cards written to follow call center type protocol.

Most members here have "graduated" to a more advanced level of repair.
"We" typically take pride in repairing/upgrading our own reels.

... The standard answer of send it in to our repair center doesn't sit well most of the time here.

While you are out searching for help to improve support I would keep in mind that most members here will require advanced technical assistance.

I'm not including myself as a " advanced " Daiwa guy as I am new to your line of products (for the most part) but not new to this forum or support from here. From both members and manufacturers.

Just wanting to give you a heads up as to what pretty much goes on around here.

Looking forward to great service from you and Daiwa ...

Jeff

* Edited myself in case I came off rude. That was not my intent but more so to paint a clear picture of the lever of service that is usually requested here.
Last edited by jpd0144 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:59 am

If you don't get the answer you want you can always call us 800-736-4653. We will get you a answer. Some times it is not as easy to explain.