Where to order USDM Daiwa parts

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Hello I have a JDM T3 SV 8.1 TW8.1L with a broken hood. Daiwa Japan will not sell this part and insist I return the reel back to Japan. Is there a valid reason for this?
I wish to purchase a replacement hood… a t3 ballistic if need to be, is this possible through diawa USA and have it sent to Aust?. This reel has an important crossover role in my setups and I would like to have it back on the water ASAP

Thanks

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Where to order USDM Daiwa parts

Post by Thor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:23 pm

You might be out of luck. Both Daiwa and Shimano keep a very strict line between their JDM and USDM parts and warranty. Why? Lots of reasons, most you would not agree with.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Thor wrote:You might be out of luck. Both Daiwa and Shimano keep a very strict line between their JDM and USDM parts and warranty. Why? Lots of reasons, most you would not agree with.
I do find it strange how Diawa JP won't sell some of its parts including the zaion hood. It's not like the 6.8:1 gears of old where it changes the characteristics of the reel. Unless getting it functional again counts

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:10 am

Did not read the thread title. Contact Gary (bronzefly). He'll get you parts from Daiwa US. That's who I go to when needing parts.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:29 am

igl00jx wrote:Did not read the thread title. Contact Gary (bronzefly). He'll get you parts from Daiwa US. That's who I go to when needing parts.
There is no place on Tackle Trap's website to order internationally, but Bronzefly can get whichever part(s) you need and will ship internationally for only the actual shipping cost-no exorbitant "handling fees". Great company and even better customer service. =D> =D> =D>

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:18 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
igl00jx wrote:Did not read the thread title. Contact Gary (bronzefly). He'll get you parts from Daiwa US. That's who I go to when needing parts.
There is no place on Tackle Trap's website to order internationally, but Bronzefly can get whichever part(s) you need and will ship internationally for only the actual shipping cost-no exorbitant "handling fees". Great company and even better customer service. =D> =D> =D>
OK, Gary ! My hood fell off! I need a new one! Hook me up! HAHAHA

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:28 pm

You can order USDM parts directly from Daiwa. JDM parts through Plat.

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:39 am

You can order parts for US model Daiwa's direct from Daiwa US by contacting customer service toll free at 800-736-4653. If you are not in the US or Canada you can email us with the parts you need at admail@daiwa.com. We can get you the price for the part and shipping. I see that you are in Australia, you can try and contact Daiwa Australia at fishing@daiwaaustralia.com.au. They carry a few differnt T3 models and might have the hood you need.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:35 am

I've been getting parts from Daiwa's US headquarters for the last 20+ years and they are great to deal with in person or on the phone. You make their job easier when you have the part numbers ready. The lady I talked to on the phone last year meant business and took care of me in a hurry.