Tatula groove, 5.10, 2014 Update, Got 3 groove in 3 days

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:59 pm

Let me edit thie post, i will keep use my own tatula , cause the photo is not taken by me, i'm not sure what happened, best thanks for every one helped here. :D

Added: After bought tatula about 2 months, i just practice with my tatula for casting bait, don't had too much time for fishing, but the last 3 days, i fished a lot with my tatula, and catch many fishes, and this is a great casting reel, long cast, bla bla , very sommth, but...... I'm afraid the groove issue other anglers talking about, so i don't use braided line, i got 8Lb Seaguar Red Label Fluorocarbon Line, i bet this one is smoother than any braided line. And i got 3 grooves at my TWS in 3 days.
Please Daiwa supporter explain how could this happen, i decided to buy the daiwa tatula , since i'm new to casting reel , and daiwa is a big brand at fishing reel industry, most important, daiwa official supporter said this at this forum. Once i had did a research before buy the daiwa tatula.
Daiwa wrote:So far we have not had a single reel sent in to our factory for a groove issue on TWS. We have sold thousands of these reels. Ish Monroe who fishes three circuits and the rest of our team have not reported a single issue with this reel. Your reel has a one year warranty and we would fix any problems. Thank You.
Please check the official daiwa supporter's post here:
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... ve#p437767

I know daiwa had one year warranty, but the bigger question is, i can send my tatula to daiwa for repair, and after the repair, will the groove problem be fixed forever? Do i have to send them back for another repair after days of use ? What will happen after 1 year , even i can keep the repair ,broken, rapair, broke cycle goes that long ? ! Please let me know, i really love my tatula and hate the groove.

BTW, the best line in the market u can get is obv Seaguar, since Seaguar can cut metal, who care about rocks, bla bla...

I do think i paid for tatula with real cash, but i don't get what i expect due to design flaw by tatula, i know this reel is mad in Thailand, but i think this rel is design by daiwa , how can u release such a poor design, this is my 1st casting reel, i really wish daiwa can slove this problem.

Regards.
Last edited by ILure1 on Sat May 10, 2014 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula TWS grooving with proof ?!

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Have you been using it with the line under that metal bar or over it?

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Thor » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Call me a skeptic but this shows as your second post and there are 2 distinct grooves. Never seen line do anything close to that before, even guides that have seen dozens of yft. Sorry, I don't buy it.

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Afrayedknot wrote:Have you been using it with the line under that metal bar or over it?
It's not mine, i received my tatule type R today. Should i put line under the metal bar when i use it ? can you show me an example ? tatula is my first casting reel.

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Thor wrote:Call me a skeptic but this shows as your second post and there are 2 distinct grooves. Never seen line do anything close to that before, even guides that have seen dozens of yft. Sorry, I don't buy it.
I had received my tatula today, and i want to know if there is any way to avoid grooving TWS.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:51 pm

Put the line straight from the top of the spool through the tws. Do not go under that bar. I think that may be what causes grooving.
Last edited by Afrayedknot on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrankW
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FrankW » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi ILure1,

I don't think anyone on this forum has this problem. There was one other post with fake groves but no other reports. There has to be hundreds of the Tatula reels in use by forum members and some for many months. No one has a problem with the TWS grooving. Do you really think that the grooves would be that deep in just two months? The left groove is suspect for sure with its shape. I cast my Tatula every day and fish it one or two times a week since Thanksgiving. My TWS is as good as it came to me. The TWS system works so good that it seems there are people who want to discredit it.

If you just got your Tatula then use it and don't worry about the TWS grooving.

Frank

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 am

FrankW wrote:Hi ILure1,

I don't think anyone on this forum has this problem. There was one other post with fake groves but no other reports. There has to be hundreds of the Tatula reels in use by forum members and some for many months. No one has a problem with the TWS grooving. Do you really think that the grooves would be that deep in just two months? The left groove is suspect for sure with its shape. I cast my Tatula every day and fish it one or two times a week since Thanksgiving. My TWS is as good as it came to me. The TWS system works so good that it seems there are people who want to discredit it.

If you just got your Tatula then use it and don't worry about the TWS grooving.

Frank
Thank you very much. BTW, can i ask about you line is under or over stabilizer bar ?

FrankW
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FrankW » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:13 am

Over the stabilizer bar. Just like Afrayedknot stated.

Frank

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 am

ILure1 wrote: It's not mine, i received my tatule type R today.
So the reel didn't groove as you used it. Do you know personally the owner of the reel in the photos? Did you or he take the pictures, or did you just lift them from some stranger's post somewhere on the web?

Offering pictures as "proof!" of a serious design defect, even while inserting a question mark, is something that requires information as to their provenance.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:13 am

I am betting that the guy who had grooving put the line under that metal bar. I can't imagine why anyone would put the line under the bar, but I think that might be the cause of grooving.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:31 pm

But if line line goes under the bar no way it would touch that part of the TWS even at an extreme angle. Going over the bar puts line in direct contact with that area.

and looks like another spot may be forming

ILure1
Angler
Angler

Post by ILure1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:15 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:But if line line goes under the bar no way it would touch that part of the TWS even at an extreme angle. Going over the bar puts line in direct contact with that area.

Any one tried put the line under the bar ? Will it effect the cast ?

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:29 pm

ILure1 wrote:
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:But if line line goes under the bar no way it would touch that part of the TWS even at an extreme angle. Going over the bar puts line in direct contact with that area.

Any one tried put the line under the bar ? Will it effect the cast ?
It will destroy the casting distance.. probably cut it in half or less. The bar would create a sharp angle from spool to the level wind. I have never tried it before though.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:46 am

If the line were causing the t-wing to groove in that area it would only do that during the retrieve. Given the fairly narrow groove that the line lays in during the retrieve one would expect to see one wide groove in the center of the t-wing, not two grooves that are fairly far apart. I am sure the line moves some side to side during the retrieve as the levelwind travels left and right but these seem too far apart to me. Also there is no way that the other groove well off to the side is being caused by the line.