T3 Ballistic hood repair

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
grumpydog
Angler
Angler

T3 Ballistic hood repair

Post by grumpydog » Sun May 04, 2014 8:33 am

After a terrible backlash while trying to use a new reel, I warped? sprung? the hood, which closed, but is loose in the closed position. Unless I palm the reel, laying my thumb on the hood, the line tends to not spool end to end on the spool, but bunches in the middle half.
Reel was 2 months old when it happened. Reel was taken to a Diawa Service Center who said he could fix it. 4 months later it still wasnt fixed. Service Center guy said he would send it back to Diawa for repair. Fast forward a few more months, he said factory cant fix it.
I have been using the reel, which I love, but it irritates me that it does not work in the same manner it was designed.
Is my problem believing a Service Rep who doesnt know his business, or is it true that there is nothing to be done? :-({|=

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: T3 Ballistic hood repair

Post by africanbass » Sun May 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Can you post a couple of photos please?

grumpydog
Angler
Angler

Post by grumpydog » Tue May 06, 2014 12:24 am

Yes I can, but it will be a few days. Reel is at lake, we will be going this weekend.
BTW...my bad luck and disappointment with this reel did not stop me from buying 2 more when I caught them on great sale. I love this reel, its just irritating that I cant get it repaired.
Will post pics early next week

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Tue May 06, 2014 7:57 am

I do apologize for the service you have received. The best thing is to send your reel into our service department. Our address is
Daiwa Corporaton
11137 Warland Drive
Cypress, Ca 90630
Attn: Toby
We can take a look at the reel and see what can be done. Just make sure to send it back to my attention so we can get you taken care of.
That Service Center did you take it to? I would like to know this so I can pass this information along. Again I do apologize for the lack of service you have received.

grumpydog
Angler
Angler

Post by grumpydog » Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Thank both of you for the response. Am headed to lake in the morning, will get the reel sent in sometime next week. I dont know what the local service centers problem is...other than he makes his money working on trolling motors. I have never taken a reel in for cleaning or repair that i got back in less than 2 months.
Its all good. Found a teenage reel genius who is working cheap building a business. :big grin:

grumpydog
Angler
Angler

Post by grumpydog » Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 am

Diawa...just want to let you know that the reel has been shipped to your address. Service request slip is included. Attn: you
Thanks a bunch. Hoping you have a solution

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 am

We did receive your reel and it is being shipped out today. We are going to send your check back. Since we are taking care of this as a warranty/courtesy, there is no charge for the repair.

grumpydog
Angler
Angler

Post by grumpydog » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:41 am

:big grin: You guys are doing your best to make me rethink my opinion of Big Business. It is getting harder every day to find a large company that still practices Customer Service. No matter what happens in the future, I have become more of a Diawa fan, not only for the quality products, but for the support provided. =D>

grumpydog
Angler
Angler

Post by grumpydog » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:16 am

Just letting everyone know that I just received my "unrepairable" T3 Ballistic (according to local service center). Diawa, on this site, completely overhauled, repaired, and cleaned my 2 yr old, out of warranty reel.
Were it not for a couple of boat hickeys that I remember putting on it, I would think it was brand new.
\:D/ Thanks Diawa! You guys are great. I will put your customer service up against anyone. :!: