Daiwa Cielo

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Cielo

Post by toddmc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:58 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
toddmc wrote:You have to be patient because things don't happen overnight in the big business world. I had to wait five months for a warrantied Dobyns rod when he shifted production from China to South Korea. Did Daiwa tell you what they would be sending you for a replacement?

I for one would find a five month wait time to be unacceptable. If you think that is how other companies do business, you are missing out on much better products and services.
Hence no more Dobyn's rods for me. I wasn't saying that Daiwa would take that long or that the wait is acceptable. You read something into it. I'm just saying it can take longer than we want.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:30 am

Sorry for the late reply. I received a rod early this week. Unfortunately, Daiwa did not notice my request for contact before sending the replacement, and I received a Zillion XH in replacement. To those of you who have handled both of these rods, you know that they're not particularly close in terms of what they do - the Cielo was always light for a H, and the Zillion has power to spare. While I'd love to replace my XH with the rod they sent, That still leaves a hole in the rod locker - and being in WI, a XH rod just isn't something I have a ton of call for most of the time.

I've emailed Daiwa, hopefully they can do something for me.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 am

I hope you are happy and get a resolution that works for you.

I would not ha e been happy with that replacement. Especially when people have been recieving the new Zillion rods as replacement. The blank material I your original rod was of much better quality. Ask them to make it right.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:32 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:I hope you are happy and get a resolution that works for you.

I would not ha e been happy with that replacement. Especially when people have been recieving the new Zillion rods as replacement. The blank material I your original rod was of much better quality. Ask them to make it right.

I sent an email last week pointing out the differences in the rods. Hoping for a reply soon. They must be on the busy side over there, seems to take them a while to respond.

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:41 am

Hope they can get it sorted out for you..
I've got both rods, the original Cielo and the XH Zillion and they're not even close in action.
The Cielo has a better blank and guides and is more similar to the Zillion 701MHF in action but has slightly less tip to it.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:32 am

Just got off the phone with Daiwa. Apparently the rep was off taking care of some things last week, hence the delay.

They're shipping me a proper replacement rod and a shipping label to send the old one back - I'm cautiously happy with the result. Took too long - but so long as i get what they say I'm getting, i'll be pretty happy.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:19 pm

New rod arrived, and its beautiful. \:D/

My experience all in all, has been that Daiwa will do right by you - but they arent always going to be as responsive or quick as we'd like.

7/10

jigapig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jigapig » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:06 am

so what rod did they send you???????????????????

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:50 am

A new zillion 7'0" HF. Great Rod - though it has a different action than the Cielo of course, its at least closer to what i lost. Good backbone, less tip than the old cielo, but certainly a worth addition to my arsenal. Still going to try and scrounge an old cielo however - still the best jig rod I've ever fished!

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:57 am

A New with tags Team Daiwa Cielo 7'H showed up on Ebay and I just missed it. Went for $142 my bid was $132. I know the winner could have bid $142 up to a whatever but still. DAMN! :x :crying:

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:58 pm

Criminal! I wish I would have seen it - my soul for one of those!