Daiwa Cielo

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa Cielo

Post by The Way » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:35 am

I had an old Cielo with the SVF graphite, was one of my favorite rods (7'0" HF). While doing some pitching/flipping on the Mississippi had a tip snap on a hookset :crying: . Stuff happens - Im not upset (I was fishing a club derby, the drag was locked down fully, and my hookset was aggressive as the fish actually startled me). I looked the rod up and found that they were offered with a lifetime warranty - and while I still have to find my reciept (Might have to call TW and pray they still have on file) I was wondering what address should I email at Daiwa? Sent something to admail@daiwa.com yesterday morning, and havent gotten a response (this was before i even realized there was a warranty). Was this the right channel?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Cielo

Post by toddmc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:47 am

I have that same old rod and I love it also. It is an amazing heavy casting jig rod. I'm not a big fan of e-mail. I would find my receit and call Daiwa. They will take care of you.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:11 am

Fair enough - i do have the receipt. Tried another email today, if i don't get a response here by my lunch hour I'll call. I doubt i'll be able to get another one of those, sadly - so if you ever want to part with yours, let me know. I'll buy.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:19 am

Well, I called and they advised me to send it back. I pointed out that the new series and the old have nothing in common, and its much closer in blank to the compile-x - we'll see what comes back in the tube. I hate to be that way - but they've discontinued everything in that price range really.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 am

Its headed back - i'll let everyone know what they do with it. All one of you who are listening. hah!

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:31 am

I'm interested in what's gonna be coming back to you in that rod tube.. :-k
I've got two first gen Cielos, the 7'H and 6'6"MH. The 7' is a fantastic big jig/worm rod, the 6'6 is my favorite squarebill rod and gets a lot of use.. Maybe I should retire em before anything bad happens.. Good luck and let us know how they handle it.

jamesdta
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jamesdta » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Are these the Cielo your talking about ?

http://www.daiwa.com/Rod/detail.aspx?ID=186

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Yes they are. Ive yet to use a rod I enjoyed more than the 7' heavy.

Im curious to see what comes back as well. I requested a phone call before they ship me anything.

PaBass, if you ever want to part with the two you have, please let me know.

jigapig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jigapig » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I am also very interested to see what you get back. I have a brand new casting 6',9" I think? Cielo super titanium tip drop shot rod. I was always going to use it for wacky worms. I enjoy just taking it out of the tube and admiring it. The new cielo rods are not even close to the predecessor.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 am

Well, Its nearly two weeks, and no rod (or call) from Daiwa. Hopefully i'll hear from them tomorrow, or i'll be making a call myself. ](*,)

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:57 am

I've been watching this thread...I would love to see how Daiwa handles this situation.

This is a huge problem with watering down a great product line.

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:28 am

Hi,

I do apologize you haven't heard anything about your rod. If you can please email me at tobyb@daiwa.com with all of your contact information, address and phone number and I will look into this and contact you with information on your rod. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

The Way
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by The Way » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:41 am

Email sent. Thanks Toby!

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:20 am

You have to be patient because things don't happen overnight in the big business world. I had to wait five months for a warrantied Dobyns rod when he shifted production from China to South Korea. Did Daiwa tell you what they would be sending you for a replacement?

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:25 am

toddmc wrote:You have to be patient because things don't happen overnight in the big business world. I had to wait five months for a warrantied Dobyns rod when he shifted production from China to South Korea. Did Daiwa tell you what they would be sending you for a replacement?

I for one would find a five month wait time to be unacceptable. If you think that is how other companies do business, you are missing out on much better products and services.