Daiwa maintenance turnaround time?reel returned-still broke

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa maintenance turnaround time?reel returned-still broke

Post by iabass8 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:04 pm

I sent a T3B in to Daiwa because the hood started to fail 2 weeks ago. Tracking said they received it Aug. 29. Talked to some incompetent blowhard named Toby on Thurs. Aug 4 to see how things are going. Guy said he couldn't find anything about me reel and would call me back in 15 minutes after he goes to look for it. An hour goes by, no call. I leave a message asking him if he found anything. 3 more hours go by and I have to leave another message. Next day, I do the same thing mid morning. No call back....somebody apparently left work to go fishing...FU....Call CS again and this woman says my reel was just put in the system and to call back the following Tues-Wed to get an update. Decide to wait until Friday (today), and my reel has still not had an update....it's been there for 2 weeks to fix a hood issue...I've never had to send in a reel. Is this time frame normal?
Last edited by iabass8 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa maintenance turnaround time?

Post by M Perry » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:28 pm

The turnaround time is taking a bit longer right now as they are running a skeleton crew. They had some retirements that left the department short handed for just a bit longer. All should be back up to speed very soon. Please feel free to call or email to check the status of your reel though. You will get an email update when it is about to ship back to you as well. Thanks and if you have any issues or questions I will try to get them answered.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa maintenance turnaround time?

Post by iabass8 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 am

Just an update to this awesome fiasco. I just today received the reel in the mail. The hood was a tad tighter but still had some play. Right there I knew they didn't fix it. The paperwork sent /w the reel said they replaced the tws and the hood and gave it a courtesy cleaning even though I asked them NOT to clean the reel as I'm particular /w the bearings/greese...but w/e. mounted it on its rod and what would you know.....it's still doing the exact same thing I sent it in to be fixed a month ago for. (I have numerous T3 variants and understand how these work). The hood still pops up a hair when fighting a fish and the line still has to be placed into the TWS manually more times than not. After playing phone tag /w a pretty nice guy helping me though this, (no idea why he had to go back and forth /w the guy that "repaired" my reel. Did he think the guy as gonna say he didn't do it?) they e-mailed me a return shipping label and have to, again, send it in to be examined. Guessing two more weeks until I see this reel again which most likely means this reel is now done for the year or very close to it. Aside from Toby, the customer service has been okay. The reel repair on the other hand...we will see. So far it's less than impressive.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa maintenance turnaround time?reel returned-still br

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:33 am

The people in the Daiwa office are awesome. They have always been polite and pull parts very quickly.

As for the service department, I would never use them. I had a Daiwa Sol giving me issues.I stopped in and asked if I could talk with a tech. Unlike Shimano, they keep the techs locked away in the back and you are unable to speak with them. The very nice woman took my reel to the back for the tech to examine. I was told there is nothing wrong and nothing he could do...

What he did do.....scratched the hell out of the internal magnets. This deep sratch was clearly not there prior and I was very unhappy. I sent the reel to e_bassfisher and he got it working. He told me how much of a pain it was to get all the magnet shavings out of the sideplate.

For parts I stop by in person, but for service I send out.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:34 am

The people in the Daiwa office are awesome. They have always been polite and pull parts very quickly.

As for the service department, I would never use them. I had a Daiwa Sol giving me issues.I stopped in and asked if I could talk with a tech. Unlike Shimano, they keep the techs locked away in the back and you are unable to speak with them. The very nice woman took my reel to the back for the tech to examine. I was told there is nothing wrong and nothing he could do...

What he did do.....scratched the hell out of the internal magnets. This deep sratch was clearly not there prior and I was very unhappy. I sent the reel to e_bassfisher and he got it working. He told me how much of a pain it was to get all the magnet shavings out of the sideplate.

For parts I stop by in person, but for service I send out.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:48 am

Not good Daiwa.... [-X

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Any updates. Is your reel back yet?

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm

They sent me a new reel. They were nice enough to put my flushed/shieldless bearings into the new reel but the moron who did it didn't put everything in place under the handle correctly resulting in clicking on the retrieve. I fixed that one myself. They assured me that the second reel would be sent out asap. Took almost 2 weeks...this is the first and last time i use their joke of a reel repair.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Bad after sales service seems to be the way the world is going these days. More and more of this going around. Probably goes hand in hand with cost cutting. Not that it makes it any more acceptable. :evil:
At least you can finally use your reels again. :roll:

I see that the Daiwa support person also seems to have disapeared from this forum. :(