Omen Green vs Omen Black

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Omen Green vs Omen Black

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:33 am

What is the difference between the two? One is for inshore and the other for freshwater but what makes an inshore rod 7'2"MH different from a freshwater 7'3"MH?

Thanks

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Omen Green vs Omen Black

Post by facelessnewsouth » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:13 pm

I can't speak for the 13 fishing rods personally, but from my experience with other brands, usually the difference is that an "inshore " MH is about a 1/2 power up from a "freshwater" MH, kind of like a MH and a Mag MH.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:43 am

facelessnewsouth wrote:I can't speak for the 13 fishing rods personally, but from my experience with other brands, usually the difference is that an "inshore " MH is about a 1/2 power up from a "freshwater" MH, kind of like a MH and a Mag MH.
I received an email saying that the Green is also slightly slower in action. How much slower? I still would like something close to the traditional fast but I don't need another rod for moving baits as I have plenty. I was going to use it for t-rigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and maybe c-rigs. What do you think?

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:10 am

Finnz922 wrote:
facelessnewsouth wrote:I can't speak for the 13 fishing rods personally, but from my experience with other brands, usually the difference is that an "inshore " MH is about a 1/2 power up from a "freshwater" MH, kind of like a MH and a Mag MH.
I received an email saying that the Green is also slightly slower in action. How much slower? I still would like something close to the traditional fast but I don't need another rod for moving baits as I have plenty. I was going to use it for t-rigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and maybe c-rigs. What do you think?

Again, I can't express an opinion on the 13 rods, but the MH inshore rods I've used from other brands have been used for exactly those techniques. Spinners like the Strike King Redfish Magic, 1/2 oz. C rigs and T-rigs, and they seemed to be suited perfectly for them. Usually if I'm using popping corks or live bait I like to move to a medium powered rod, just my personal preference.

Hopefully someone who's used the Omen Green rods will chime in on their performance with the mentioned techniques.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Tacklewarehouse had one in the sale items for $99. So I pulled the trigger hopefully I get it tomorrow with overnight shipping. I have a tournament on Saturday and plan on fishing with it so hope it's what I am looking for.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:33 am

Finnz,

Great! Enjoy the new rod!!

-13 Fishing

Finnz922 wrote:Tacklewarehouse had one in the sale items for $99. So I pulled the trigger hopefully I get it tomorrow with overnight shipping. I have a tournament on Saturday and plan on fishing with it so hope it's what I am looking for.