ICAST New Product(s) Follow-up and FAQ's

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

ICAST New Product(s) Follow-up and FAQ's

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Fans,

Thank you for another great ICAST! We had a great time at the show, and as always we really enjoyed showing off the products that we have been developing. We have seen many questions on the message boards here, and on many other sites(yes, we read them all!) Anglers keep asking us hundreds of questions about the new products....and we would like to answer a few that we keep getting asked over and over again....

Q: Archangel, what makes this rod so special?
A: The Archangel is a special project, we are showing all the anglers that we can build a product that will rival anything built anywhere, and by anyone in the world of fishing tackle. We made this rod series with the best materials in the world, in one of the elite Japanese facilities in the world....but make no mistake, this is a AMERICAN design. This might be the first JDM rod series ever constructed with true American actions. This isn't a Japanese market import. What sets the Archangel apart is that it is a JDM rod built specifically for the North American market.

Q: What is the Trickshop all about?
A: The Concept and Trickshop program were designed together. The beauty of the Trickshop program is that all the custom parts fit any of the 16 Concept reels. Expect a incredible spread of color and material choices that will grow with the popularity of the Concept program. The dealers at ICAST told us they couldn't wait to get this stuff in their stores. This isn't a ridiculous program with $80 handles and $100 spools, the parts are affordable and you will enjoy "tricking out" your reels to one-up your buddies!

Q: What are the upgrades on the Concept KP?
A: The KP features a lighter material in the Hex13 Spool and Star Drag as well as a ported aluminum gear shaft, and a kick ass paint job. Combine all this and you get a 5.14oz reel that can handle anything.

Q: When will this stuff be available? Expect the Concept KP and Trickshop before Christmas....The Archangel and many of the new rods including the No.8 Blackout available in Feb/March 2015.

Matt
13 Fishing

P.S. We appreciate all the kind words and support as we got overlooked in the New Product Showcase this year. Congrats to all the winners.

wiscobassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ICAST New Product(s) Follow-up and FAQ's

Post by wiscobassin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:56 pm

You guys over at 13 are putting out some really spectacular stuff. I look forward to the release of the left handed concepts so I can jump on board with 13! Keep up the great work.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Only question I have is, will the KP spool, drag star, and handle, be available for separate purchase through the trick shop? I certainly understand if you want to keep it "exclusive" to your high end product, but I can't stop thinking about how sweet they'd look on a Concept A.

Otherwise, I'm really excited to try out the new products, and see what's coming next.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Matt,

When will we see the Muse Black rods hit the market and When will we see the website updated with all the new products?

Congoman775
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Congoman775 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:43 pm

I think we all know who should have won the Best New Product Showcase….

What about the MUSE details ? ;)

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:17 am

No. 8 Blackout looks veeeerrrrry interesting. :)

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Yes! The KP components will be available in the Trickshop. They will look sweet on the A model....

Matt
13 Fishing
tywithay wrote:Only question I have is, will the KP spool, drag star, and handle, be available for separate purchase through the trick shop? I certainly understand if you want to keep it "exclusive" to your high end product, but I can't stop thinking about how sweet they'd look on a Concept A.

Otherwise, I'm really excited to try out the new products, and see what's coming next.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Muse will be a little while, we are still making a few tweaks to the series. Probably late spring...possible summer 2015. We didn't "officially" launch the Muse at ICAST, but so many people were interested we teased it a few times.

As usual we are pressing pretty hard to make final revisions to many of our ICAST products, many of our newest items are still being sent to imaging for final "website" ready artwork. We will get everything up on the site soon.

Matt
13 Fishing

JWR075 wrote:Matt,

When will we see the Muse Black rods hit the market and When will we see the website updated with all the new products?

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:50 pm

13Fishing wrote:Yes! The KP components will be available in the Trickshop. They will look sweet on the A model....

Matt
13 Fishing
tywithay wrote:Only question I have is, will the KP spool, drag star, and handle, be available for separate purchase through the trick shop? I certainly understand if you want to keep it "exclusive" to your high end product, but I can't stop thinking about how sweet they'd look on a Concept A.

That's awesome. Time to start planning for "The Dark Knight."

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:22 pm

USA-RET wrote:No. 8 Blackout looks veeeerrrrry interesting. :)
Just an FYI, the Blackout appears to be a value 30/24 ton rod. Probably a great rod for the money.

https://www.facebook.com/No8Tackle

DaveJ

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:44 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
USA-RET wrote:No. 8 Blackout looks veeeerrrrry interesting. :)
Just an FYI, the Blackout appears to be a value 30/24 ton rod. Probably a great rod for the money.

https://www.facebook.com/No8Tackle

DaveJ
For sure. I was playing with them and was impressed with the build and overall feel. Could very well be the new "Entry Level" rod to beat! Would love to have a day on the water with one of the M or MH's. If they fish as sensitive as they felt, they could be awesome rods.