What is the difference from concept A or C or E?

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
Crappielimits
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

What is the difference from concept A or C or E?

Post by Crappielimits » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:55 am

I have been a Shimano man for almost 20 years, but have been interested in these reels. Though, they have not made a lefty up until this coming fall. I want to know what the difference is between models if it's cosmetics or function? Are these reels saltwater ready or is there a saltwater model. I understand they will only be making the A or C for leftys, can the E parts be added to upgrade to the E? I would really like to try one of these reels and dress it up.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What is the difference from concept A or C or E?

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:12 pm

All of the Concept Reels are built using the same overall design...the upgrades are better components and materials. This was done for many reasons. We wanted all of the reels to feel the same in your hand when you fish them, so that you could own many and they would be easy to switch back and forth among the models without feeling awkward. We also wanted to offer a wide array of aftermarket parts, having the same design on all 16 models made this program possible. They get progressively lighter, the E and KP models using a magnesium frame. Bearings and metals within the models will again progressively improve in quality.

Matt
13 Fishing

Crappielimits
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Crappielimits » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks! Afrayedknot! That's what I was looking for. Now can you order them in custom colors. I want to match our fire department patch or something along those lines? Also can you upgrade the bearings when ordering? Guess I am asking can you order a custom reel?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 am

The Trickshop program that we will launch in the late fall will have a massive array of upgrades, customized parts, and colors that you can purchase. We will certainly offer a service that will allow you to send in your reel and get a myriad of upgrades, and many dealers will also have the parts available. You wont be able to just order a reel with the features from scratch, because we don't want to take business from the great dealers that support our company....but I have spoken to many dealers about the program and they have plans to do exactly what you are asking.

Matt
13 Fishing

Crappielimits wrote:
Thanks! Afrayedknot! That's what I was looking for. Now can you order them in custom colors. I want to match our fire department patch or something along those lines? Also can you upgrade the bearings when ordering? Guess I am asking can you order a custom reel?

Crappielimits
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Crappielimits » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Dang! I won't have a local dealer. Especially, one is trust taking my reel apart. What about the warranty if I change the bearings myself?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Crappie,

We certainly won't void your warranty if you add upgraded components purchased from our Trickshop....but you will be responsible for any damage done to the reel while installing. We are a easy company to work with and we will always treat a reasonable customer in a reasonable way. Don't stress, we will post some Trickshop videos about installation of the parts so everyone has all the 411 needed to complete the job properly.

Matt
13 Fishing

Crappielimits wrote:Dang! I won't have a local dealer. Especially, one is trust taking my reel apart. What about the warranty if I change the bearings myself?

Crappielimits
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Crappielimits » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:06 am

I am talking to my local shop now to try to get them to carry your products. PM me contact info or a distributer in the South Ga area. Can he go directly through you? I also have a couple other shops in mind. Is there a minimum first order?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 pm

We very much appreciate you helping spread the word. I can't talk program and pricing in this forum(needs to be done directly with qualified dealer)

Anyone interested have them send a contact email to info@13fishing.com, and we will follow up quickly.

Matt
13 Fishing
Crappielimits wrote:I am talking to my local shop now to try to get them to carry your products. PM me contact info or a distributer in the South Ga area. Can he go directly through you? I also have a couple other shops in mind. Is there a minimum first order?