couple of questions about the E

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
txdukklr
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

couple of questions about the E

Post by txdukklr » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:27 am

I just bought an E at one of your dealers. I have four ci-4 chronarchs I love but I'm very frustrated with the spools pitting issue, I bought a couple of metaniums but i'm also going to try your reel out to see how it performs vs.

Here are my questions. I notice the new KE has a carbon crank and the spool and drag star look like they've lightened up the reel. Can they be purchased for the E? I love to wade and even lower weight would be grand.

Second why only use ceramic on some of the bearings and not all? just curious . . . . also curious who your ceramics compare to the boca orange seals.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: couple of questions about the E

Post by JWR075 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:42 am

1st cost of cernamic bearings vs. reg bearing.

2nd all parts from the KP will fit all other 13 reels. You can buy them as aftermarket parts from their trickshop when it opens.

Hope this helps you. I am sure Matt or someone from 13 will explain it a little better.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:10 am

txdukklr wrote:I just bought an E at one of your dealers. I have four ci-4 chronarchs I love but I'm very frustrated with the spools pitting issue, I bought a couple of metaniums but i'm also going to try your reel out to see how it performs vs.

Here are my questions. I notice the new KE has a carbon crank and the spool and drag star look like they've lightened up the reel. Can they be purchased for the E? I love to wade and even lower weight would be grand.

Second why only use ceramic on some of the bearings and not all? just curious . . . . also curious who your ceramics compare to the boca orange seals.
Spool pitting issue? What is that? Are you using braid?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:11 am

Sorry Guys I haven't been on the forum in a little while....we have been extremely busy crushing the Ice Fishing tackle world.

The Handle and other KP parts will definitely fit your E-model reel as well as any reel in the Concept series.

One of the reasons we don't use ceramics on all the bearings is price as one of the TT forum guys replied...but that is not the only reason. Ceramics are not always superior in every location of the reel. The major advantages are they are more corrosion resistant, lighter, and they reach maximum spin rate much faster and with less effort than steel bearings. These advantages are very meaningful on the spool bearings but much less meaningful in other locations.

Our bearings are pretty darn good, as are the orange seal bearings you want to compare. We worked very closely with our manufacturing facility to produce one of the best casting ceramic hybrid bearings in the fishing tackle industry. Our bearing is not as loud as the "orange seal" but produces ridiculously long incredible cast-ability. Give a E or KP model a cast and you will be very very impressed.

Matt
13 Fishing

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:05 am

Afrayedknot wrote:
txdukklr wrote:I just bought an E at one of your dealers. I have four ci-4 chronarchs I love but I'm very frustrated with the spools pitting issue, I bought a couple of metaniums but i'm also going to try your reel out to see how it performs vs.

Spool pitting issue? What is that? Are you using braid?
pm sent Afrayedknot