Muse Black series

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Muse Black series

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:47 am

JWR075 wrote:
13Fishing wrote:
JWR075 wrote:You are killing me (in a good suspenseful way). Can not wait to see the black series. Will the Gold and Black series be using a Toray or Mitsubishi blank?
The Gold is utilizing a Mitsubishi Rayon blank. We've started to pair down the Archangel technology into the lower price points (zonal technology), and found the MR to be the better option in the sensitivity category for this. It really makes for a silly sensitive stick, whereas we have an ongoing project with Toray (and the zonal design concept) that is producing a much lighter and significantly stronger blank than the norm (and no, it's not the MUSE Black).

Expect to see that last one I started to spill the beans about to show up somewhere near ICAST. And oh...is she a beauty for what she costs. Maybe we'll fb or snapchat leak that one in the near future. :big grin:

Thanks,
Jim
Not trying to get you to spill the beans. But have been following the Muse Black project when 13 released pics on it and said soon.
I can tell you confidently that it will not be the MUSE Black. That one is on me, so please throw all hate my way. We just didn't have the wow factor needed in that last design. Be patient, it will come.

Thanks,
Jim

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:42 pm

No hate. I would expect you all to make sure it was right before releasing it.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:49 pm

JWR075 wrote:Gold spinning only for live bait and jigging.
Does this mean that the gold rods will have a smaller ring on the guide closest to the reel?

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:47 am

Bronzeye wrote:
Does this mean that the gold rods will have a smaller ring on the guide closest to the reel?
The Gold series uses Kigan 3D ZH with Zircoium inserts. They have a 36ton Mitsubishi blank featuring ZAT (zonal action technology). You can see the rods in the new Cabela's catalog.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:13 pm

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Very nice.

DaveJ

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:43 pm

JWR075 wrote:
Bronzeye wrote:
The Gold series uses Kigan 3D ZH with Zircoium inserts. They have a 36ton Mitsubishi blank featuring ZAT (zonal action technology). You can see the rods in the new Cabela's catalog.
I asked a simple question that was not answered.

Nonetheless, I will do you this favor: I advise you to send Cabelas a more flattering photo of the guide. The one currently in the linked page at Cabela's will drive away business. The guide ring looks rough-surfaced. (Unless that's how these guides typically are; in that case, you want consumers to see what they should expect to get.)

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 am

Bronzeye wrote:
JWR075 wrote:
Bronzeye wrote:

Nonetheless, I will do you this favor: I advise you to send Cabelas a more flattering photo of the guide. The one currently in the linked page at Cabela's will drive away business. The guide ring looks rough-surfaced. (Unless that's how these guides typically are; in that case, you want consumers to see what they should expect to get.)

Bronzeye,

It wasn't ignored, just had to get on here and see the question to give it an answer.

The lead guide on our MUSE Gold rods will be a size 20. The style is as mentioned within the thread.

As for the Cabela's picture, we've just sent a note requesting an updated image. Kigan makes a fantastic guide, there is no issue with over epoxy and certainly not the mess seen on that photo edit. As they shoot their own photography, I imagine it was just a smudge or light imperfection that wasn't addressed in editing (happens a lot with hi-res closeups).

Thanks,
Jim
Last edited by 13Fishing on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Congoman775
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Congoman775 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:38 am

Bronzeye wrote:
JWR075 wrote:
Bronzeye wrote:

I love this. Self importance is such a sweet treat to enjoy from afar.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 pm

13Fishing wrote:Muse Black is a on-going development project, no timeline has been set. Yes, they will be Bass rods.

Muse Gold was designed for the Walleye/Smallmouth market....although I believe these rods will be extremely popular for many applications. Bream in Australia, Some Inshore applications, etc etc...

Matt
13 Fishing
Would one of the ML action Muse Gold sticks work well with small, light crankbaits (3/16 oz variety)? I thought I read somewhere on here that the Gold series will have more of a parabolic, moderate type taper, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Now I'm too curious what this other stick getting released will be to pull the trigger on a Gold before Icast. Nice work :lol: . Four new rod lines! It's a good time to be a fisher :big grin:

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:06 am

Although the actions are certainly soft enough for light crankbaits, the Muse Series will only feature spinning rods....so you might consider either the 7'1" Envy crankbait rod, or one of the lighter action casting rods in another series like the new OGC72ML.
Hogsticker2 wrote:
13Fishing wrote:Muse Black is a on-going development project, no timeline has been set. Yes, they will be Bass rods.

Muse Gold was designed for the Walleye/Smallmouth market....although I believe these rods will be extremely popular for many applications. Bream in Australia, Some Inshore applications, etc etc...

Matt
13 Fishing
Would one of the ML action Muse Gold sticks work well with small, light crankbaits (3/16 oz variety)? I thought I read somewhere on here that the Gold series will have more of a parabolic, moderate type taper, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Now I'm too curious what this other stick getting released will be to pull the trigger on a Gold before Icast. Nice work :lol: . Four new rod lines! It's a good time to be a fisher :big grin:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:44 pm

13Fishing wrote:Although the actions are certainly soft enough for light crankbaits, the Muse Series will only feature spinning rods....so you might consider either the 7'1" Envy crankbait rod, or one of the lighter action casting rods in another series like the new OGC72ML.
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Matt
13 Fishing
I'm looking for a spinning outfit to throw light cranks with. Just wanted to confirm this series had the proper action for doing so. Thank You

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
13Fishing wrote:Although the actions are certainly soft enough for light crankbaits, the Muse Series will only feature spinning rods....so you might consider either the 7'1" Envy crankbait rod, or one of the lighter action casting rods in another series like the new OGC72ML.
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Matt
13 Fishing
I'm looking for a spinning outfit to throw light cranks with. Just wanted to confirm this series had the proper action for doing so. Thank You
What type of cranks are you throwing Hogsticker? My suggestion would be the 6'9" M or the 6'9" ML, depending on whether or not you're throwing those small little balsa style baits...and 7# nanofil or something :D

Anything else you're throwing at those green fish should be handled swimmingly by the M action within the lineup, particularly that 6'9".

Thanks,
Jim

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by overdose » Sat May 16, 2015 12:54 am

Anymore news on the muse black series? Leak a couple photos please. The prototype looks good.. I hope that is not an ACS reel seat but rather one from the new omen or archangel.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:31 am

Lots of product information coming next week at ICAST, stay tuned.

Matt
13 Fishing