Concept A issue

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
dustlane
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Concept A issue

Post by dustlane » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:30 pm

I bought a Concept A to try them out after being disappointed in the new Curado. I liked it so much that I sold all of my other reels and bought five more Concept Reels. One of which is the Concept C. Awesome reels. However, one of the Concept A reels screams like a banshee when casting an Alabama Rig. But it doesn't scream when I throw a Carolina Rig. Weird. That's not my issue. I have owned a reel repair shop for the past 10 years so I can figure that one out. The issue that concerns me is that the two mounting points where the fron support screws to the frame on the non handle side are cracked on three of the five Concept A reels that I have. The screws were simply tightened too much during assembly. I would love for you guys to send me the parts so I can make the repairs myself to avoid any downtime. I also help run a weekly tournament here in East Texas. Between my business and the tournament I come in contact with a lot of local fisherman and they handle the reels more than I do. lol. A few of the guys have bought their own 13 Fishing reels after handling mine at weigh ins. That's says a lot. Some of these guys are ridiculously brand loyal so for them to buy a 13 Fishing reel says a lot. I look forward to putting my Concept reels through their paces this season.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Concept A issue

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:06 am

We are happy to get you taken care of. Sounds like you need to change your bearing on that "Screaming" reel....when casting a A-rig it puts a lot more pressure on the bearing compared to a Carolina rig...

As far as the front cover cracking due to overtightened screws, this is not something that our warranty/repair shop has ever seen. We can easily send you a few front covers if yours are cracked. Please send a email to info@13fishing.com and we can get you fixed up.

Matt
13 Fishing
dustlane wrote:I bought a Concept A to try them out after being disappointed in the new Curado. I liked it so much that I sold all of my other reels and bought five more Concept Reels. One of which is the Concept C. Awesome reels. However, one of the Concept A reels screams like a banshee when casting an Alabama Rig. But it doesn't scream when I throw a Carolina Rig. Weird. That's not my issue. I have owned a reel repair shop for the past 10 years so I can figure that one out. The issue that concerns me is that the two mounting points where the fron support screws to the frame on the non handle side are cracked on three of the five Concept A reels that I have. The screws were simply tightened too much during assembly. I would love for you guys to send me the parts so I can make the repairs myself to avoid any downtime. I also help run a weekly tournament here in East Texas. Between my business and the tournament I come in contact with a lot of local fisherman and they handle the reels more than I do. lol. A few of the guys have bought their own 13 Fishing reels after handling mine at weigh ins. That's says a lot. Some of these guys are ridiculously brand loyal so for them to buy a 13 Fishing reel says a lot. I look forward to putting my Concept reels through their paces this season.

dustlane
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by dustlane » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:40 am

Email sent. I have to say that I am truly impressed with my Concept reels. But my absolute most favorite part is the fact that the reels are not the typical "cookie cutter" reel. What I mean by that is that the Concept reels are not simply a newly shaped frame using the same internals as a Revo, Lews, Pflueger, BPS Johnny Morris, etc. I'm not saying that those reels are bad by any means but it is nice to see a company introducing something truly new. In my 10 years of owning a reel repair shop I haven't seen this design before. Thanks for the response. I'll keep my eyes on me email for a response. Have a great day!

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:07 am

It was nice speaking with you on the phone this week. Glad we could get you fixed up, and look forward listening to your fish slaying stories with the Concepts!

Matt
13 Fishing
dustlane wrote:Email sent. I have to say that I am truly impressed with my Concept reels. But my absolute most favorite part is the fact that the reels are not the typical "cookie cutter" reel. What I mean by that is that the Concept reels are not simply a newly shaped frame using the same internals as a Revo, Lews, Pflueger, BPS Johnny Morris, etc. I'm not saying that those reels are bad by any means but it is nice to see a company introducing something truly new. In my 10 years of owning a reel repair shop I haven't seen this design before. Thanks for the response. I'll keep my eyes on me email for a response. Have a great day!