TWO BROKEN RODS.

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
LWBWYNNONE
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

TWO BROKEN RODS.

Post by LWBWYNNONE » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:56 am

I RECENTLY BECAME A MEMBER OF THE 13 FISHING FAMILY. I BOUGHT A OMEN ROD AT GANDER MOUNTIAN. THE FIRST TRIP OUT AND THE ROD BROKE WHEN SETTING THE HOOK. I TOOK THE ROD BACK TO GANDER MOUNTIAN AND THEY GAVE ME ANOTHER ONE CAUSE I BOUGHT THE REPLACEMENT COVERAGE. SO ON THE FIRST TRIP WITH THE NEW ROD, IT ALSO BROKE WHILE SETTING THE HOOK. THE SETUP IS 7'3' OMEN ROD, SHIMANO CHRONARCH REEL, 20 LB ABRAZX, JIG. I SENT AN EMAIL TO THE 13 FISHING SITE USING THE CONTACT US PAGE. NO ANSWER...MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I SPEND MY MONEY ON ANOTHER BRAND OR IS 13 FISHING GONNA MAKE IT RIGHT....

P.S. I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: TWO BROKEN RODS.

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:25 am

They are backed by a Limited 5 year warranty, so I'm sure if everything is legit you will get looked after.
I've got to say, that is quite the first post. All caps?
What is the extra rod protection you purchased? I've never heard of that.
13 Fishing has been nothing but great on the boards here, if you PM them and continue the conversation I am pretty confident you will be happy.
Cheers.
BH

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:28 am

LWBWYNNONE wrote:I RECENTLY BECAME A MEMBER OF THE 13 FISHING FAMILY. I BOUGHT A OMEN ROD AT GANDER MOUNTIAN. THE FIRST TRIP OUT AND THE ROD BROKE WHEN SETTING THE HOOK. I TOOK THE ROD BACK TO GANDER MOUNTIAN AND THEY GAVE ME ANOTHER ONE CAUSE I BOUGHT THE REPLACEMENT COVERAGE. SO ON THE FIRST TRIP WITH THE NEW ROD, IT ALSO BROKE WHILE SETTING THE HOOK. THE SETUP IS 7'3' OMEN ROD, SHIMANO CHRONARCH REEL, 20 LB ABRAZX, JIG. I SENT AN EMAIL TO THE 13 FISHING SITE USING THE CONTACT US PAGE. NO ANSWER...MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I SPEND MY MONEY ON ANOTHER BRAND OR IS 13 FISHING GONNA MAKE IT RIGHT....

Caps lock.... Why are you buying protection plans on a rod that is backed by a good warranty? :whistle:
13 will take care of you, that have great customer service.

LWBWYNNONE
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by LWBWYNNONE » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:07 am

As for caps lock its just the way I like to type. as for the five year warrenty it still cost for the shipping and hell the protection plan is cheaper than shipping. Also do not have to wait on a shipping company. Funny thing is as of now I have not heard a peep from customer service. and yes i used their contact us form. But really why is a rod of such quality breaking? I fish for fun and i fish in a club, i have broke rods before but never broke two of the same brand just by setting the hook. If i was fishing for money and that happen and i lost a winning fish then what. I used to use Gamakatsu hooks, but then I had a point bend over on me and I lost a fish, worte letter after letter and nothing so I bad mouth them and refuse to use their product. I will judge them if they are a good company but so far its not looking good.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:14 am

:roll:

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:46 am

Only thing I can figure that perhaps the rods at Gander Mountain were damaged in some way. If the rod blanks at nicked or in anyway compromised, they could fail on first time out hooks sets. That's the reason 13FIshing offers a free replacement if the rod breaks when first used (manufacturer defect and such) and the 5 year "Oops" warranty thereafter.

You can't be sure how a shipment was unloaded or unpacked and shelved at the retail store. Sometimes a sharp whack of the blank on the shelf edge can compromise the blank. I seen some pretty amazing things done in stores by customers to rods on a rack. Also stock handlers are not always the most gentle either.

Between the Omen and the Envy, the Omen by far is the more durable and likely to handle whatever you can throw at it.

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:14 am

LWBWYNNONE wrote:As for caps lock its just the way I like to type. as for the five year warrenty it still cost for the shipping and hell the protection plan is cheaper than shipping. Also do not have to wait on a shipping company. Funny thing is as of now I have not heard a peep from customer service. and yes i used their contact us form. But really why is a rod of such quality breaking? I fish for fun and i fish in a club, i have broke rods before but never broke two of the same brand just by setting the hook. If i was fishing for money and that happen and i lost a winning fish then what. I used to use Gamakatsu hooks, but then I had a point bend over on me and I lost a fish, worte letter after letter and nothing so I bad mouth them and refuse to use their product. I will judge them if they are a good company but so far its not looking good.
No, you should simply return the rod to the store and exchange it. There shouldn't be any "shipping" at least that's how I see stores handle defective products. As for the "way you like to type" ... Well, that's another story. I Was not talking about the "contact us" part of whatever they have on their website. The 13 guys here do a great job of handling things, one of the more helpful vendors I've witnessed. You talk about "a winning fish"... I'm not sure I follow.. That could happen at anytime, regardless of brand or circumstance. Wait... You lost a fish on a hook and you wrote "letter after letter"? Jesus christ , I see why you type in caps ... i guess you can type through a megaphone... I feel bad for the guys having you as a customer.

LWBWYNNONE
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by LWBWYNNONE » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:49 pm

H8R, You sound like an old fart that never worked a day in his lonely miserable life. You think that all is perfect and keep your blinders on so that all you see is your point of view.
"There shouldn't be any "shipping" at least that's how I see stores handle defective products."
As far as i say winning fish you wouldnt follow because you never are in the situation of winning.
"You talk about "a winning fish"... I'm not sure I follow.."
You see the all caps is not yelling as you think it is, it is just all caps, nothing more nothing less. and last of all I paid for a quality fishing product and i have not recieved it yet. so yes you should feel bad for the guys that have me as a customer. i demand nothing but what they claim their product to be. if it is not to their quality they need customers to let them know so they can correct the issues, that is how you become the best in the business. you listen and correct and continuously improve your product. I have to go earn so more money to go buy more stuff , I suggest you do the same.

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:11 pm

LWBWYNNONE wrote:H8R, You sound like an old fart that never worked a day in his lonely miserable life. You think that all is perfect and keep your blinders on so that all you see is your point of view.
"There shouldn't be any "shipping" at least that's how I see stores handle defective products."
As far as i say winning fish you wouldnt follow because you never are in the situation of winning.
"You talk about "a winning fish"... I'm not sure I follow.."
You see the all caps is not yelling as you think it is, it is just all caps, nothing more nothing less. and last of all I paid for a quality fishing product and i have not recieved it yet. so yes you should feel bad for the guys that have me as a customer. i demand nothing but what they claim their product to be. if it is not to their quality they need customers to let them know so they can correct the issues, that is how you become the best in the business. you listen and correct and continuously improve your product. I have to go earn so more money to go buy more stuff , I suggest you do the same.

LOL. Far from old. Interwebs 101 : Caps lock, for inflection.. Secondly, most people work hard for their money. Most realize time is money and writing "letter after letter" about a hook is a waste of said time. Gamakatsu is only one of the best hook manufacturers in the world, but hey...there was that one time they failed a customer, so lets condemn a brand..seems reasonable. Give me a break. I'm pretty certain the way in which you express yourself within a customer complaint isn't conducive to a vendor giving you much thought, as they know you're likely to not come back. Are you really planning on going to earn money, or are you off to your next soapbox about that bad yo-yo you purchased as a child?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:41 am

Dear LWB,

We are here, we are happy to help. All you need to do is visit our website click on support and warranty and you will see our replacement policy is easy and inexpensive. You are permitted to cut your rods up and send them to us. We recommend sending by US priority mail...it will only cost you a few dollars. As soon as they arrive at our facility we will jump on your issue like a grenade. Our job is to get you back on the water as quickly as possible.

We would love it if you contacted us, or in this case Gander MT(if you purchased some sort of store protection plan) and let the customer service folks do what they do to help.

Matt
13 Fishing

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:52 am

I also have a broken omen black. I've had it for almost 3 months and its the 7'6" mh. I'm not complaining BC I know things happen and to be honest I have 5 rods and 5 reels from 13 fishing and absolutely love them. I called customer support and they simply told me to fill out the form and send it in and I'll get a new one. Simple as that! I have no idea why it broke. I always use rod socks on my rods unless I'm fishing with them but it broke popping my jig off of a stump, they key time to get bit haha. It broke between the tip and first guide. I haven't sent it in yet BC I've been so busy with work and tournaments its been crazy. But my 13 fishing products are awesome and I will keep buying and enjoying them for sure. They helped me weigh in a 19 lb 8 oz 5 fish limit to win a tournament yesterday and that's pretty good here in Illinois. I just wish I could be on the pro staff and spread the word. No one around here has heard of 13 fishing!

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:29 am

LWBWYNNONE wrote:I RECENTLY BECAME A MEMBER OF THE 13 FISHING FAMILY. I BOUGHT A OMEN ROD AT GANDER MOUNTIAN. THE FIRST TRIP OUT AND THE ROD BROKE WHEN SETTING THE HOOK. I TOOK THE ROD BACK TO GANDER MOUNTIAN AND THEY GAVE ME ANOTHER ONE CAUSE I BOUGHT THE REPLACEMENT COVERAGE. SO ON THE FIRST TRIP WITH THE NEW ROD, IT ALSO BROKE WHILE SETTING THE HOOK. THE SETUP IS 7'3' OMEN ROD, SHIMANO CHRONARCH REEL, 20 LB ABRAZX, JIG. I SENT AN EMAIL TO THE 13 FISHING SITE USING THE CONTACT US PAGE. NO ANSWER...MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I SPEND MY MONEY ON ANOTHER BRAND OR IS 13 FISHING GONNA MAKE IT RIGHT....

So was there a resolution to this OP?
You were more than eager to sign up for a forum, flame (IN ALL CAPS) a company who has been awesome in this community since joining, and not even have the guts to reply to them when they answered your query with much more tact than I would have.
If there is a follow up post with either more complaints about how the situation was handled or a resolution then I guess the forum has served it's purpose, good or bad for 13 Fishing.
If you don't show up then I guess most of us are going to assume you were just a troll...