Confusion on rod ratings

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
basscrusher
Angler
Angler

Confusion on rod ratings

Post by basscrusher » Thu May 19, 2016 10:17 pm

So I was just browsing the 13 website, looking at the specs on the Omen Green rods. I'm very interested in the 6'8" ML casting rod, but I'm thrown off by the specs. The lure ratings (3/8 - 3/4 oz) seem more like a M or MH than a ML. is this a typo, or is it accurate? Wondering if it got crossed with another rod's ratings. And it is a fast or mod-fast taper?

Finally, is this rod even available in the US market? I'm having trouble find retailers that actually carry this particular model.

Thanks.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Confusion on rod ratings

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:27 pm

My guess being those are labeled fast action inshore rods, they likely have a slower taper designed for popping cork and such. Popping blanks Generally don't have a ton of power but have lure ratings up to three quarters of an ounce. My custom popping blank is a medium heavy but only has less than 400 grams of power. It will handle a 5/8 Oz lipless crank in open water fine, but I wouldn't use it for ripping them through grass.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Confusion on rod ratings

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:20 pm

BassCrusher,

The rod in question OGC68ML is rated 1/8oz-1/2oz fast action....it was incorrectly listed with a heavier lure rating on our website, we apologize for the mistake. I am not sure why you are having trouble finding one, you might want to look at some southeastern 13 Fishing dealers. This rod is popular in Texas and along the gulf coast.

Matt
13 Fishing