Defy Black, Fate Black, and Fate Chrome

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Defy Black, Fate Black, and Fate Chrome

Post by JWR075 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Saw where the Defy Black, Fate Black and Fate Chrome will be released. How will these rods compare to the Omen and the No. 8 Blackout series? Is No. 8 sticking around? PM sent regarding my No. 8 contest rod.

Also noticed on these rods along with the Creed reels there is a new slogan (More than luck), a new emblem (square with 13 inside), and One 3 branding vs Make your own luck slogan, the fish emblem with 13 inside, and the numbers 13 branding.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Defy Black, Fate Black, and Fate Chrome

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:11 am

Defy, and Fate will be released in the upcoming months....we think anglers will be more than impressed with the incredible value these rods offer. Want tournament quality rods with incredible looks in a pricepoint that you can afford to outfit the entire arsenal?....these are your sticks. Designed by 13 Rod Designer Ricky Teschendorf(designer of the Omen Gen 2, and Blackout Series)

Matt
13 Fishing

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 am

Too bad they're not available sooner. I need a couple well performing sub-100 dollar sticks!! :D

timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timsford » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:52 pm

I would also like to know the differences between the omen black and fate black as both are listed as 30 ton. Is it just the components, or are these completely different graphite. All these are some very nice looking rods under 100 bucks and if anything like the omen or envy, they should be great rods. Also as a side note I am a member of bassresource as well and though I still get on their site, I definitely don't agree with them banning 13 fishing for trying to answer members questions about your rods, or paying a crazy amount to be a sponsor to answer questions. It is also very annoying to have your responses turned into asterisk if your products are mentioned. I am a big 13 fishing fan and love the omen rods I own and the envy's I've fished.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:26 am

Timsford,

Sorry about the slow reply, we haven't been on the forum lately.

The Omen Black has a higher percentage of the high end Toray carbon....although Fate Black uses a similar blank material, the composition is different.

We will take the high rod on your Bass Resource problem....not sure why they feel major censorship of brands is needed.

-13 Fishing

timsford wrote:I would also like to know the differences between the omen black and fate black as both are listed as 30 ton. Is it just the components, or are these completely different graphite. All these are some very nice looking rods under 100 bucks and if anything like the omen or envy, they should be great rods. Also as a side note I am a member of bassresource as well and though I still get on their site, I definitely don't agree with them banning 13 fishing for trying to answer members questions about your rods, or paying a crazy amount to be a sponsor to answer questions. It is also very annoying to have your responses turned into asterisk if your products are mentioned. I am a big 13 fishing fan and love the omen rods I own and the envy's I've fished.