ICAST 2019

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

ICAST 2019

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Follow 13 Fishing's social media channels now and during ICAST 2019.

See the latest products straight from our team. FUSE Carbon, Concept BOSS, Pathfinder, MotorBoat, Omen Black, Trash Panda, Cliff Banger, Churro, and Joystick are just a few of the NEW products launching at this years show.

Stay tuned for a major company announcement as well.

Matt
13 Fishing

edwelch1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by edwelch1 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Looking forward to seeing more on the Fuse Carbon, a new handle construction method sounds interesting!
www.blindjumperoutdoors.com

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 am

edwelch1 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:47 pm
Looking forward to seeing more on the Fuse Carbon, a new handle construction method sounds interesting!
More on FUSE Carbon launching shortly... You MUST feel these rods, the sensitivity is mind blowing. The best way our testers have described the feel is "electric".

Matt
13 Fishing

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:34 am

13Fishing wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 am
edwelch1 wrote:
More on FUSE Carbon launching shortly... You MUST feel these rods, the sensitivity is mind blowing. The best way our testers have described the feel is "electric".

Matt
13 Fishing
What about durability?

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:53 am

13Fishing wrote:

The best way our testers have described the feel is "electric"....
I knew I had heard that "electric" speak somewhere else before...
Grease Lightning.jpg
Grease Lightning.jpg (126.69 KiB) Viewed 22201 times

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:12 am

Fuses look interesting. Any word on retailers?

edwelch1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by edwelch1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am

Are you guys planning on expanding the FUSE Carbon lineup in the future?

I'd kinda hope so, because it's a bit disappointing to see that there's only one model each of spinning and casting rod, and according to the Tackle Warehouse iCAST video, there's only going to be 1500 of each released. Seems like it would be kind of a waste to develop and patent the tech for such a limited release, and it even kind of makes it seem like it's just a gimmick if there are no plans to continue and expand the use of the tech. Hopefully this is just an "initial limited release" type scenario, because the concept of it seems like it has merit because it makes sense logically. The spinning rod still kind of has my interest since it's a ML power, but ideally I'd like to see it in the 6'8" to 6'10" range instead of 7'2".

Also, if the FUSE tech really is the bee's knees for sensitivity, I could see big benefits for L/UL power rods, so it would be cool to see it used in that market. I fish 99% of the time with 1/8oz down to 1/64oz jigs with small plastics or live baits, and any increase in sensitivity is welcomed to be able to feel those tiny baits and light strikes from finicky walleye and panfish. Overall the USDM for L/UL rods is lacking on the high end for most manufacturers compared to JDM stuff, so I'd love to see more high end options available on the USDM. Sure, there's the Legend Elite Panfish series from St. Croix, and G-Loomis has some high end L/UL stuff, but beyond that all other USDM manufacturers basically ignore anything but low end L/UL fishing, mid range at best. A 6' to 6'4" or 6'6" L XF FUSE Carbon spinning rod would definitely pique my interest, let alone something like that in the Envy Black or Muse Black lines.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:48 pm

A little curious about the fuse.

It's a carbon reel seat 'fused' directly to the blank? And the reel seat and the blank are made of the same carbon material? Can you post any weights? How much sensitivity (obviously subjective) do you think you increase by not using adhesive?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 am

sarcazmo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:12 am
Fuses look interesting. Any word on retailers?
Due to the Limited Run on first production, I would assume most of our more "elite" level supportive dealers will order a few each. Smaller dealers will most likely special order as customers request them.

Very likely we will sell out this first production very quickly....so if your local guy can't get you one, you should be able to find one at our online retailers.

Matt
13 Fishing

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 am

An expansion of this tech in more models and configurations is definitely in the future. Our Director of development for Rods(Ricky Teschendorf) tells me this is just the beginning.

The limited run was designed to launch the technology. I can tell by your comments you are already thinking about all the possibilities....and hopefully you can tell by mine that we are already WORKING ON and testing those possibilities.

Matt
13 Fishing

edwelch1 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am
Are you guys planning on expanding the FUSE Carbon lineup in the future?

I'd kinda hope so, because it's a bit disappointing to see that there's only one model each of spinning and casting rod, and according to the Tackle Warehouse iCAST video, there's only going to be 1500 of each released. Seems like it would be kind of a waste to develop and patent the tech for such a limited release, and it even kind of makes it seem like it's just a gimmick if there are no plans to continue and expand the use of the tech. Hopefully this is just an "initial limited release" type scenario, because the concept of it seems like it has merit because it makes sense logically. The spinning rod still kind of has my interest since it's a ML power, but ideally I'd like to see it in the 6'8" to 6'10" range instead of 7'2".

Also, if the FUSE tech really is the bee's knees for sensitivity, I could see big benefits for L/UL power rods, so it would be cool to see it used in that market. I fish 99% of the time with 1/8oz down to 1/64oz jigs with small plastics or live baits, and any increase in sensitivity is welcomed to be able to feel those tiny baits and light strikes from finicky walleye and panfish. Overall the USDM for L/UL rods is lacking on the high end for most manufacturers compared to JDM stuff, so I'd love to see more high end options available on the USDM. Sure, there's the Legend Elite Panfish series from St. Croix, and G-Loomis has some high end L/UL stuff, but beyond that all other USDM manufacturers basically ignore anything but low end L/UL fishing, mid range at best. A 6' to 6'4" or 6'6" L XF FUSE Carbon spinning rod would definitely pique my interest, let alone something like that in the Envy Black or Muse Black lines.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:30 am

YES! The carbon seat AND the handle become Fused together as one piece.
YES! By not using adhesive and a multi component build sensitivity is dramatically increased.(it IS measurable...more later on this from 13 Fishing)

*Are the reel seat and the blank are made of the same carbon material? - Complicated Question.
Carbon material is layered and designed with patterned multi-directional fibers. When designing a rod you use several(sometimes many) different carbon materials...so as always with our blanks, seats, and components you have a recipe that changes based on the section of the blank, seat, or area. When we list a specific material this is the primary material in the construction.

Matt
13 Fishing

sarcazmo wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:48 pm
A little curious about the fuse.

It's a carbon reel seat 'fused' directly to the blank? And the reel seat and the blank are made of the same carbon material? Can you post any weights? How much sensitivity (obviously subjective) do you think you increase by not using adhesive?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:34 am

The new construction process does not affect the durability of the rod blank. If your talking in relationship to "breaking" a rod it will be determined by the rod design and quality as all other rods are.

However in regard to the seat....when its "Fused" it becomes ONE. So you no longer will have issues like loose real seats when the epoxy gives way.

Matt
13 Fishing

Finnz922 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:34 am
13Fishing wrote:
edwelch1 wrote:

Matt
13 Fishing
What about durability?

edwelch1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by edwelch1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:54 am

13Fishing wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 am
An expansion of this tech in more models and configurations is definitely in the future. Our Director of development for Rods(Ricky Teschendorf) tells me this is just the beginning.

The limited run was designed to launch the technology. I can tell by your comments you are already thinking about all the possibilities....and hopefully you can tell by mine that we are already WORKING ON and testing those possibilities.

Matt
13 Fishing
Good to hear! I kinda figured that would be the case, looking forward to seeing where you guys take it!

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:08 am

Are you allowed to publish any preliminary ballpark weights? Curious what these weigh.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:45 am

With the introduction of the new Omen, where does that leave the Muse lineup?