Storm Kickin' Minnow...

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
FoldCat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Storm Kickin' Minnow...

Post by FoldCat » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Anybody using one of these, I read that the larger ones are good for pike & muskie, how about the smaller versions for bass...

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Storm Kickin' Minnow...

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:43 am

KICKIN' MINNOW is a Hot Bait for Pike & Musky, FYI- let the new bait soak in water for 2 days & let set out in the sun for 2 more days, then soak them in a bait sauce in a plastic bag & put them in your tackle box, when you are ready to go fishing your bait will be ready to land some BIG FISH !!! you will see a 50% more hits if you get the plastic smell off a plastic bait.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:19 am

KICKIN' MINNOW is a Hot Bait for Pike & Musky,
I've been looking at these but:

How many fish can you catch on one fish before they become shredded. (The tail on the lure looks awfully delicate). Or do you just see that as the cost of "doing business"? Thanks V.R.

Schuler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Schuler » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:32 pm

They may be a one fish bait, but at $7, I won't complain. Bulldawgs are one fish baits and a 12"er costs $15.

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:18 am

YES they will get torn up but you can take a match or a hot knife and weld on a new tail or fix holes and rips in the plastic, when I go to Canada for PIKE I use Bulldogs and by end of the week they will be 4 different colors from fixing them every nite back in camp. The pike don't care about color as long as they have a long tail on them. Also you can use super glue in the boat to fix them.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

jholton
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jholton » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:59 pm

HOLY CRAP!! When I first saw them, I figured they're cheap ($3.99 at Gander), so I might as well give them a shot. The bass were killing that thing :!: :!: I had been throwing a Jitterbug and 4" Senkos, but not having too much luck. So I put everything in the Jeep and grabbed my Pixy and tied one on. Started walking around the lake. A smaller one hit it and got off. When it did, it sank to the bottom (2'), so I started reeling it in thinking it must be covered with muck, WHAM a 3 pounder hit it!
I walked further around the lake and threw it to bring it by some lily pads. Then a 4 shot out and nailed it! The very next cast in the same spot, I see this wake coming up behind it, but I missed it. It was insane.
It might not be from Japan and cost $30-40, but that little sucker will flat catch some bass.
I used the 3/8 gizzard shad color, which is basically a natural minnow looking color.

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:19 pm

You should try out the Bluegill Storm swimbaits. They are awesome, especially in the spring. Dropping one of those suckers on a bed is like pouring gasoline on a fire!