New Shimanos @ El Salto...

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
rambler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Shimanos @ El Salto...

Post by rambler » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:38 pm

Very interesting to see the direction Shimano is headed with their rods-especially owning Loomis too.

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:46 pm

mhood wrote:A real man wouldn't let a little thing like changing hands keep him from catchin' a big'un. A little girly man however might complain about his weak little left arm and how hard it is for him to hold his rod with his weak little left arm...probably can't even carry his purse with his weak little left arm! :big grin:
Real men don't have to change hands, and real men don't give their reels cute little names. :lol:

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Pixilla is a monster I tell ya!!!! Back to topic, I wonder (since there is such a separation between JDM and USDM with reels) if there will be two families of rods...JDM (that would include ML and L baitcasters) and USDM (that would have nothing lighter than MH because US anglers are really big pros using 60# braid pulling 18# LMB out of 4' thick mats)? ;)

I'm sure glad Shimano is here...hope they have a thick skin. Where is my Stella 500?

:twisted:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:03 pm

Very interesting to see the direction Shimano is headed with their rods-especially owning Loomis too.
Actually, this is the issue that caught my eye about this article. For the present at least, I probably will continue buying JDM reels. The new rods however are very interesting. Daiwa made a big move with their Steez rods. I hope Shimano will do the same. I will definitely look forward to TT's reviews on these.

shimanogloomis man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shimanogloomis man » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Of course i just bought a stradic mg and now there coming out with new spinning reels :roll:

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:50 pm

mhood wrote: A little girly man however might complain about his weak little left arm and how hard it is for him to hold his rod with his weak little left arm...probably can't even carry his purse with his weak little left arm! :big grin:
LMAO!

Oh wait I use a lefty too :oops:

mrgadget
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by mrgadget » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:24 pm

mhood wrote: A little girly man however might complain about his weak little left arm and how hard it is for him to hold his rod with his weak little left arm...probably can't even carry his purse with his weak little left arm! :big grin:
Hey, hey, HEY!!! :shock: I resemble that remark! :evil: G

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:50 pm

Just noticed something in the article.
Quote from article:
the tapered Ti levelwind insert that deputed on the Calais 4x8 DC
Wasn't it the Antares AR (Calais 100A) that first had this? Maybe this was just in Japan ;)

bigfish2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigfish2 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:17 pm

I never understood why the lefty is a lefty and vice versa for right. Reeling with either hand is not the point IMO. Its the arm you cast with and hand you control with that counts.

If you're gonna cast with that right dominant arm why switch????

Regardless the 301DSV is so overdue. We're dying for that thing here in socal for the swimbaits. I can't count the number of people I know who are waiting for it. If you've got any more info on a release date Bantam1 let us know :)

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:32 pm

Raul, you've never once heard me say anything of the sort. I don't appreciate you trying to put worlds in my mouth. The reason I need a left hand baitcaster is because I only have my left hand.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Kudos to you John Puckett for having the will and courage to continue to adapt and enjoy this great sport!

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:41 am

John, Raul, myself and all of the others are just joking around with this left vrs. right thing....we're trying to be funny, not insulting. ;)
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:51 am

If thats the case then that last post was my bad but I didn't take his post as joking. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:06 am

John Puckett wrote:If thats the case then that last post was my bad but I didn't take his post as joking. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
of course they were joking John, because truth be known, they've all tried not switching hands and just cannot get their left hand to move in the proper fashion to turn the handle on the fishing reel :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:33 am

Bantam1 wrote:Once we get everything rolling on this site I will explain how the process works for development. I think everyone would be interested in how this works and why certain products are not made available to the US market.
That's something I've always wanted to know. Your contributions will be very helpful to understand how tackle industry works.
---- Catch & Release -----