Core Vs Chronarch CH100MG

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
spiderman8403
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Core Vs Chronarch CH100MG

Post by spiderman8403 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:29 am

Just curious if any of you gearheads ;) have made side by side performance comparison between the two....

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Core Vs Chronarch CH100MG

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:43 am

The Core has High Efficiency Gears, which as frogpond11 mentioned in the earlier Core vs. Chronarch mg thread, the HEG will provide smoother and more powerful cranking.

Depending on what lure you are using, a HEG equipped reel vs. one without HEG is like night and day.

Cosmetically the Core should be more resilient. I believe the original Chronarch MG is from an older generation of MG reels that are much more prone to scuffs and scratches. I know for sure the JDM counterpart of the original Chronarch MG was like a scratch magnet.

Hope that helps some.

-Shaun

SLM
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SLM » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 am

If you compare the previous generation Chronarch 100A/SF/Mg to the current Chronarch 100B/Metanium XT series you'll find that the B variant casts better and is smoother in retrieve. The current Chronarch/Metanium also has a tighter, more precise feel compared to the previous generation. I don't have the Core but I'd imagine you'd find the same when compared to the older CH100Mg.

The CH100Mg is still one of my faves though!

spiderman8403
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by spiderman8403 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:39 am

I had a chance to play with my friend's CH100Mg some time ago and just when I was starting to like the reel.......he told me that it was discontinued :beat up:

I have a couple of Core and loving them.

Just wondering if any lucky anglers out there who have both and can compare if the Core have lived up to or surpass the CH100Mg's performance as far as casting and sensitivity. On paper the Core is great but did it fill the CH100Mg's shoes? Some have said the Core cast as well as the Calais......hummmmmmm

Speaking of Calais... :offtopic: :lol: has anyone tried the 200DC? all i can say is AMAZING!