Steez House of Kolors paint job

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Steez House of Kolors paint job

Post by GAMEOVER » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 pm

Im wanting to do a House of Kolors paint job on my Steez. I know a few or atleast one has done shell/sideplate paint job(s). Aside from the painting how much is really involved? For those who arent familiar with House of Kolors they make the absolute sickest paint out there. Their known on cars that owners for out 20-50k for a paint job. Well they just started selling select color spray cans of it. A tiny can runs 10 dollars. Should be enough. I was thinking of a few colors but havent narrowed it down to any one.

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: Steez House of Kolors paint job

Post by Mattman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:21 am

GAMEOVER wrote:House of Kolors they make the absolute sickest paint out there.

Agreed!

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:14 am

I'm going to do my Z as well. I just haven't figured out if I want to send it to ZPI or pick up an air brush set and do it myself. I know there's alot more involved with painting Mg than just spraying it. I just haven't done all my research yet.
Where's superman36. I know he's in the know.
BlackRock Custom Fishing Rods.
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com

Nickk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Nickk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:30 am

Hmm, maybe pimp my old green Curado! :shock:

SmokeyJ
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SmokeyJ » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:26 am

I think the main issue is going to be durability. Custom paint jobs on cars get multiple layers of clear (at least 3 and probably a lot more on the paint jobs in the price that Gameover listed). A rattlecan clearcoat probably wouldn't give you the durability you are looking for, but I don't know what else you would use unless you have access to some automotive clear and something to spray it with (you could probably thin it down and use an airbrush, but I have no idea how that would affect the durability of the clear). If that paint was something you sprayed on and then baked, that might be a different story, but it doesn't sound like that is what it is. Anyways, good luck, sounds like a cool idea.

Ryan808
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ryan808 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Without spending the money on air guns and compressors, you can use SprayMax 2K clear finish. Its actually a 2 part in a can, bad thing is its shelf life after activing is 24 hours.