BMF aka Revolver S by D.R.E.S.S.

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Midnightrun1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: BMF aka Revolver S by D.R.E.S.S.

Post by Midnightrun1 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:10 pm

I SWEAR that you find some of the coolest stuff on the net for fishing!

Joe :D

bigpapajim
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bigpapajim » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:12 pm

Put some reel grips on those bad boys. The same drugs were probably smoked by both this guy and the reel grip guy LOL!

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:41 pm

zenbassr wrote:very stylized handle there, and apparently a lot of attention to detail... allen-head screws are a nice touch! i can see that handle adding some flash to the ito monoblock...

at ~54.4g that is one solid piece of work, fractions of a gram heavier than the CVX power handle. are the knobs comfortable though?
Surprisingly the knobs are comfortable. Not in a septon comfortable way, but the knobs seem to be the perfect size for my grip of them. In a ergonmic way, if that makes any sense. The taper up slightly. In comparision, disliked the the aluminum iz'e knobs because they are so small, it is just not comfortable for my grip. The reel set is buttery smooth , so that seems to add to the overall comfort.
Bass Pro wrote:I like the handle... I do think that the Septon knobs would look better on there. I just hope that more manufactures will come out with aftermarket parts.
That's what I was trying to show you guys. I am glad you get it. We need more aftermarket stuff, the ZPI, BASSART stuff while nice can only go so far.
iangler wrote:
Fishingboy wrote:They look awsome. Kind of like something from Starwars! Image
That's what I was thinking.
You see brillant minds think alike. The
influence is there. My first thought was a space station after reading the marketing behind his inspiration.
Midnightrun1 wrote:I SWEAR that you find some of the coolest stuff on the net for fishing!

Thanks, and that is the goal to find something unique, and different.

Overall, the responses are about what I thought it would be. I figured it would go much like the Opus-1 responses, and the initial Gan craft responses. It is not going to be for everyone, however it will cause discussion.
Last edited by GamblerHydra on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by tj1004 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Midnightrun1 wrote:I SWEAR that you find some of the coolest stuff on the net for fishing!

I've noticed that too.

Hell, I like the handle. In the fist picture, I thought the two black carbon fiber pieces were springs or something. Anyways, cool stuff as usual GH .

xxlbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by xxlbass » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 pm

looks like a transformer part or something :-t The only thing that I like is the digital camo bag it comes with.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:33 am

My thoughts exactly xxlbass...

Looks like a part from a Transformer or maybe a lost scale model from Moonraker.

Kinda cool, but very different.

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:21 am

That is why choosing the appropriate reel is so important (I am talking about looks, not performance) . The handle itself is cool, but it is not good for a Calais, even if the colors matched (which don't). The style is not the same. The Calais is not a reel that reminds you of Star Wars, is it? It is like putting a red sport spoiler on a Cadillac :? No doubt both the original product and the tuning part are cool, but if they do not match in both color and style, the final result might not be so impressive 8-)
It would br interesting seeing the handle on a more "space-era" looking reel by Shimano.
---- Catch & Release -----

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:19 am

Papageno1791 wrote: The Calais is not a reel that reminds you of Star Wars, is it?

I'm a geek: ;)
Attachments
NabooCruiser1.jpg
NabooCruiser1.jpg (37.23 KiB) Viewed 8971 times
BlackRock Custom Fishing Rods.
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:38 am

tonym wrote:
Papageno1791 wrote: The Calais is not a reel that reminds you of Star Wars, is it?

I'm a geek: ;)
=))))
So, I better say try the handle on a more transformer looking reel by Shimano.

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:44 am

I think it looks pretty damn cool.

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:00 am

Papageno1791 wrote:That is why choosing the appropriate reel is so important (I am talking about looks, not performance) . The handle itself is cool, but it is not good for a Calais, even if the colors matched (which don't). The style is not the same. The Calais is not a reel that reminds you of Star Wars, is it? It is like putting a red sport spoiler on a Cadillac :? No doubt both the original product and the tuning part are cool, but if they do not match in both color and style, the final result might not be so impressive 8-)
It would br interesting seeing the handle on a more "space-era" looking reel by Shimano.
Actually the Calais does look very futuristic to me, but that is subjective. I do not see cadillac at all. I am still trying reels out, I just grabbed the first reel I had. I guess if you took the time to look at the angle of the pictures, you would see what I was trying to show.

However, the big message that seems to be missed by the fashion police is that this is a quality, well designed,machined, aftermarket handle that can take some real punishment. At the end of the day it has to perform.

However, since you want to talk style/color matchups. I actually look at some of these color cordinated setups and roll my eyes. Some guys like matching a presso, with a prsso rod, I think that is fugly. You might consider them a match, but I consider them so unimagnative and boring. However, for the brand loyal it is the cat's meow. To be honest I get that , and respect the loyalty to a brand. So I understand why people do it.

Displaying Art alot of times is about contrast to make pop want your wanting to show. I want the vocal point to be the handle, not the reel, and not the overall setup.

So we are just 2 different people, your trying to match everything up to a preconcieved idea of style and color , and I am looking to be different. Thats a good thing though, other wise we would all be fishing steez reels, with matching steez rods, steez handle, etc. But I have to ask where is the creativity in that ???

So believe me, I am just as repulsed and uninspired by some of your matching color combo creations. It is what makes the world go around. I still respect your opinion, but it does not mean that we are always are going to agree. It also means there is no right, or wrong.

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:11 am

Yup!
We have two different approaches and I think it is my mistake to try to impose my view of what good-looking means.
I did get the point through the pics that you wanted to show the handle itself and that's why you put it on the first reel available. I hope I didn't offend you with my comments. I didn't mean it. And I always appreciate your creativity and thinking out of the box when it comes to tackle novelties.

Fishingboy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fishingboy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:41 pm

hang on to your lightsabers folks Image

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:38 pm

pap.. no offense taken. I appreciate your point of view that is why I bought the piece. It is a contoversial one. it reminds me of when I first posted about Gancraft. Here are some pics from some different reels.

XXlbass... your actually hot with the transfomer mention. It was built to break down , and reinstall quickly. However, think Glock ;)
Attachments
tn_11.jpg
tn_11.jpg (96.02 KiB) Viewed 8889 times
tn_inst15.jpg
tn_inst15.jpg (98.76 KiB) Viewed 8893 times
tn_tec02.jpg
tn_tec02.jpg (97.62 KiB) Viewed 8893 times

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:38 am

Papageno: I disagree, the calais is the most starwars reel made ever! It looks like the helmet of the white foot soldiers (the bad guys) ....and this psace vessel indeed.
I like this handle very much. I like ot better than the ZPI carbon handle, I don't understand what's cool about them??
I think it might be difficult to find matching reels though. It looks good on the monoblock, better than stock actually!
I was wondering, it's hard to tell from the picture, are the knobs made of metal or some type of hard plastic?