I'ZE Light

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

I'ZE Light

Post by reelblues » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:53 pm

I just got my first I'ZE Light today, and 8-) . ( I love the Fed Ex Lady. She brought a Pixy too, but thats old hat. ). This may be the Rodney Dangerfield of reels, but it sure gets my respect. I've had several Limited reels come in lately, and they are all beautiful and functional. But, have you ever put a reel in your hand and bonded immediately? Everyone seems to have that feeling with the Pixy. This one suprised me. This one is going to have to come out of the box and see some water. Should go with my red and gold Regista nicely. :D Thanks, Ionoi.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"
Thoreau

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: I'ZE Light

Post by dragon1 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:16 pm

You will love the casting smoothness, powerful cranking and exceptionally direct gearing feel on that reel. The drag is smooth as well and the frame/body/fit and finish are exceptional...AND...it ain't a bad looker either.

I only have the CVZ 103, which is the foundation for all of the other Millionaire variants, and I can tell you, it is one of the only reels that I won't even consider selling or trading (unless it's for a custom/IZE). If I ever get to the point where I am not enjoying fishing it, then it will sit upon my mantel as the gorgeous work of functional art that it is.

Congrats.

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 pm

Reelblues.
Mount that puppy on your Brigandage and get some pics up boy. :P 8-)
BlackRock Custom Fishing Rods.
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:59 pm

tonym wrote:Reelblues.
Mount that puppy on your Brigandage and get some pics up boy. :P 8-)
You know you have gone over the edge when you have to buy a CAMERA with a macro lens as part of your FISHING equipment so you can get a close up shot of your new stuff. My new camera with macro is supposed to be here Friday. Pics to follow. :oops:

( I'm killing 2 birds with one stone. My wifes birthday is this weekend, so I am getting HER ;) a new camera-even had it engraved with her name. She even asked for a new camera for her birthday.) :shock: :D 8-)
Thoreau

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:59 am

All I can say is I keep sneaking back looking at that Ichiban reel myself. Two times this moring. You gotta ask yourself this question, do you feel lucky? :evil22: :lol: Can't go fishing as ALL my boat, rods, etc. are covered for a garage painting. The only thing to do is watch football and buy reels. ;)
Thoreau

yendor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by yendor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:01 pm

:shock: I didn't realize how old these posts were till I read Ron's "I just got my first I'ZE Light today," :lol:
sorry guys~

we had a bit of rain end of week~ the pollen count was down. I popped out, caught this:

spent the rest of the week-end trying to catch a bigger one ](*,)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Dang Rodney...that big girl looks like she is well into the DDs. Awesome work man! BTW, how is everything coming along in Japan so far as recovery?

Congrats again and thanks for sharing.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Nice fish Rod! It's great to see on the forum.

reelblues
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by reelblues » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:20 am

ROD!!! What a Pig! Man, don't leave us hanging, About how big was she? I caught a 6 pounder this weekend, and she looked small compared to your pic.

P.S. Glad you could get out and enjoy a little time by the river.
Thoreau

Real Legg Legend
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Real Legg Legend » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 am

when i first read your post i immediately felt exactly what you wrote. beautiful reel! all i did was upgrade the drag and it was set to go. the reel is a keeper...
T.W.A.T. Member