Busted Vision 110

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Busted Vision 110

Post by Jraymond » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Im going to bring up another topic that im sure has been discussed before but I dont feel like digging.

Over this past weekend I busted 3 bills off of MB vision 110's while fishing the river. They all broke off during the retrieve. I didnt bounce them off a bridge or rock before they hit the water. Needless to say im pissed cause the lures were only used a few time, they still look like there close to new condition minus the broken bills.. All but $90 down the drain...

Has anyone had any luck with trying to return busted lures to mega bass??

If so how did you go about it or what advice could you give me?
Owner www.susquehannasmallmouthguides.com

BIG BAIT
Angler
Angler

Re: Busted Vision 110

Post by BIG BAIT » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:59 pm

I broke one also. Let me know how it goes for you.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am

Call Catherine at MB USA. Tell her kindly what happened and report back...

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Call Catherine at MB USA. Tell her kindly what happened and report back...
I called. She was very nice and politely told me that megabass japan will not warranty them for her so she can not warranty them for me.

She said that she would Email me contact information for MB japan and the contact information for a gentleman that repairs the bills but I have not received her email yet. I will follow up with her 2mor if it still hasnt come through.

Im still pissed. There is nothing about that lure worth $26 dollars and MB japan has you by the balls cause they know the lures flat out works and is addicting to fish with.

I tried the 6th sense 110 lures over the weekend. They look almost identical and I caught a few fish on them but IMHO they clearly did not have the same action as the MB 110.

Im sure I will get no where with MB japan so I will be looking for a replacement for MB's chincey overpriced pieces of junk plastic.

Has anyone tried using the IMA jerks?

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm

IMA Flits work very well.

I know last winter, there was a local guy fixing the busted bills on the MB110's for like $5 per. He had quite a bit of business! I can check into it and get more info for you, if you'd like me to.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Megabass Japan are not going to replace broken lures.
Same rule works for Japanese anglers. This is what I been told from the person who lives in Japan.

heatmiser
Angler
Angler

Post by heatmiser » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 pm

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:38 am

I don't understand why you guys think these baits should be indestructible. They aren't designed to contact cover, and the thin bill is part of the reason the bait's actions is so good. I'm sure if they reinforced the bill the action would be sacrificed. If you bash them against rocks, or wood, or docks or whatever, something has to give. You aren't paying for durability, you are paying for importation firstly and action, design, paint, all which are more important in an open water jerkbait. Try something with a thicker lip and quit your bitchin. (by the way I have broken a few, all fishing them too shallow or slamming them into rock piles, 100% my fault) I would like to see a titanium lip version though [-o<

If you take your Ferrari off road and break it should Ferrari replace it for you??? :talk hand:

Use the bait how it was designed or take the risk (which I often do) and accept that physics is at work and something will break eventually.
Düzbomb's Custom Jigs www.facebook.com/DUZBOMBS

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 am

DUZBASS wrote:I don't understand why you guys think these baits should be indestructible. They aren't designed to contact cover, and the thin bill is part of the reason the bait's actions is so good. I'm sure if they reinforced the bill the action would be sacrificed. If you bash them against rocks, or wood, or docks or whatever, something has to give. You aren't paying for durability, you are paying for importation firstly and action, design, paint, all which are more important in an open water jerkbait. Try something with a thicker lip and quit your bitchin. (by the way I have broken a few, all fishing them too shallow or slamming them into rock piles, 100% my fault) I would like to see a titanium lip version though [-o<

If you take your Ferrari off road and break it should Ferrari replace it for you??? :talk hand:

Use the bait how it was designed or take the risk (which I often do) and accept that physics is at work and something will break eventually.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Luck-E Strike are the best thing ever made...what you talking about?!?!?!

Trading all my 110's for those LS STX's.

All in seriousness, I agree. Throwing them in open water and it comes back broken is a different story. I've never fished rocky lakes or taken them to rivers and I've never seen one broken lip. Sure I cast them by docks but control is key not to bang them off of them.

Triple Illusions situation is different and that's unacceptable but if I had that color he'd get one in the mail asap but I don't.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:31 pm

DUZBASS wrote:I don't understand why you guys think these baits should be indestructible. They aren't designed to contact cover, and the thin bill is part of the reason the bait's actions is so good. I'm sure if they reinforced the bill the action would be sacrificed. If you bash them against rocks, or wood, or docks or whatever, something has to give. You aren't paying for durability, you are paying for importation firstly and action, design, paint, all which are more important in an open water jerkbait. Try something with a thicker lip and quit your bitchin. (by the way I have broken a few, all fishing them too shallow or slamming them into rock piles, 100% my fault) I would like to see a titanium lip version though [-o<

Use the bait how it was designed or take the risk (which I often do) and accept that physics is at work and something will break ev[/size]entually.
First off, If Ferrari made an off road vehicle and I had 3 break down in one weekend and all 3 had the same exact failure im sure Ferrari would not only cover the vehicles under warranty but also address and fix the point of failure for future production.

This is a direct quote from Megabass USA's web site describing the applications for a vision 110.

"The Vision 110 excels when the water temps are between 38 to 70 degrees. During this time (especially from November to April in most U.S. waters), the Vision 110 is an excellent choice when fishing points, flats, rocky banks, bluffs, or over underwater grass beds"

So with all do respect dont give me that open water BS.

Further more, If the Italians can engineer a car as technically advanced as a Ferrari why cant the Japanese engineer a fishing lure with a bill that doesn't break in an application they consider an "excellent choice" AND still be able have them retailed in the USA for $26 a pop and generate a healthy profit!

I will b*tch and I have film footage of the lures breaking and I plan on posting the footage on the net so when people search for the Vision 110 they see it and know the visions biggest CON next to its salty price tag.

The lure is a flat out fish catching machine BUT it has its flaws and if feel they could be corrected. If you just roll over and take it MB will just keep laughing at us for buying them. Maybe if enough people do b*tch something will get done about it.

Im a writing Megabass japan expressing my thoughts and feelings. If you have had similar problems as me I suggest you do the same.

This is Contact information- global@megabass.co.jp.

Oh and by the way Megabass usa did send me the contact information. She also urged me to Email MB Japan and explain. Im am pleased with MB usa.

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Jraymond wrote:

Use the bait how it was designed or take the risk (which I often do) and accept that physics is at work and something will break ev[/size]entually.
First off, If Ferrari made an off road vehicle and I had 3 break down in one weekend and all 3 had the same exact failure im sure Ferrari would not only cover the vehicles under warranty but also address and fix the point of failure for future production.

This is a direct quote from Megabass USA's web site describing the applications for a vision 110.

"The Vision 110 excels when the water temps are between 38 to 70 degrees. During this time (especially from November to April in most U.S. waters), the Vision 110 is an excellent choice when fishing points, flats, rocky banks, bluffs, or over underwater grass beds"

Further more, If the Italians can engineer a car as technically advanced as a Ferrari why cant the Japanese engineer a fishing lure with a bill that doesn't break in an application they consider an "excellent choice" AND still be able have them retailed in the USA for $26 a pop and generate a healthy profit!

I will b*tch and I have film footage of the lures breaking and I plan on posting the footage on the net so when people search for the Vision 110 they see it and know the visions biggest CON next to its salty price tag.

The lure is a flat out fish catching machine BUT it has its flaws and if feel they could be corrected. If you just roll over and take it MB will just keep laughing at us for buying them. Maybe if enough people do b*tch something will get done about it.

Im a writing Megabass japan expressing my thoughts and feelings. If you have had similar problems as me I suggest you do the same.

Oh and by the way Megabass usa did send me the contact information. She also urged me to Email MB Japan and explain. Im am pleased with MB usa.
Cry me a freaking river :crying: :crying: :crying:

I hope Megabass Japan tells you to shove it. The bait wasnt designed to contact cover, and I am sure that is what you are doing in your river fishing. This is the kind of behavior that gives americans such a bad name. We buy something, expect it to perform in unintended ways and then demand refunds when it doesnt ](*,)

Sure Megabass USA has those listed as applications, they work in those areas certainly, but they are a distributor not the designer, and they are designed to be fished over the cover (open water) not in direct contact with it.

Try to find it mentioned on Megabass.co.jp where it says "jerk the bait into rocks for best action..."

I am telling you from where I stand as someone who has broken these baits in this manner that it is not Megabass' fault, in design or in manufacturing. Sure it sucks, so does crashing your car, but at least they make nice keychains :roll:

Ferrari doesn't make an offroad vehicle and Megabass doesn't make a 110 for hard cover contact.

But if you can convince them to make one, and still retain the same action, I will be a happy man :whistle:
Düzbomb's Custom Jigs www.facebook.com/DUZBOMBS

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 pm

DUZBASS wrote:
Jraymond wrote:

Cry me a freaking river :crying: :crying: :crying:

I hope Megabass Japan tells you to shove it. The bait wasnt designed to contact cover, and I am sure that is what you are doing in your river fishing. This is the kind of behavior that gives americans such a bad name. We buy something, expect it to perform in unintended ways and then demand refunds when it doesnt ](*,)

Sure Megabass USA has those listed as applications, they work in those areas certainly, but they are a distributor not the designer, and they are designed to be fished over the cover (open water) not in direct contact with it.

Try to find it mentioned on Megabass.co.jp where it says "jerk the bait into rocks for best action..."

I am telling you from where I stand as someone who has broken these baits in this manner that it is not Megabass' fault, in design or in manufacturing. Sure it sucks, so does crashing your car, but at least they make nice keychains :roll:

Ferrari doesn't make an offroad vehicle and Megabass doesn't make a 110 for hard cover contact.

But if you can convince them to make one, and still retain the same action, I will be a happy man :whistle:
My points have been made and im not going to waste my time arguing with you.

I dont expect MB japan to redesign the 110 right away just because of me but if others are not happy with the durability please contact MB japan also and "cry them a river" along with me. I dont think it will take rocket science to beef the bill up a bit and every email could help get the ball rolling.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Jraymond wrote: I dont expect MB japan to redesign the 110 right away just because of me but if others are not happy with the durability please contact MB japan also and "cry them a river" along with me. I dont think it will take rocket science to beef the bill up a bit and every email could help get the ball rolling.

I totally understand where you are coming from and don't blame you for your complaints. But I will have to disagree with you regarding the last statement. Beefing up the bill will affect the action of the bait and will also kick it into a new design and more R & D. Simple changes aren't that easy.

I want you to put a turbo into your car that doesn't come from factory. I want you to drive it without being tuned for one week or just one day, I gaurantee you that yuor motor will blow within hours. Same goes with the so called beef up the lip. MB will have to redesign the 110 and pour more money into R&D and I highly doubt that they will.

I don't think I will want a beefier lip anyway, if that's the case I will buy all the original lips and never sell them!! I look at my LC Pointer 100's and I hate the lip, it's way too thick.

Anyway GL with your email(s).
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:00 pm

damian_megabass wrote:
Jraymond wrote: I dont expect MB japan to redesign the 110 right away just because of me but if others are not happy with the durability please contact MB japan also and "cry them a river" along with me. I dont think it will take rocket science to beef the bill up a bit and every email could help get the ball rolling.

I totally understand where you are coming from and don't blame you for your complaints. But I will have to disagree with you regarding the last statement. Beefing up the bill will affect the action of the bait and will also kick it into a new design and more R & D. Simple changes aren't that easy.

I want you to put a turbo into your car that doesn't come from factory. I want you to drive it without being tuned for one week or just one day, I gaurantee you that yuor motor will blow within hours. Same goes with the so called beef up the lip. MB will have to redesign the 110 and pour more money into R&D and I highly doubt that they will.

I don't think I will want a beefier lip anyway, if that's the case I will buy all the original lips and never sell them!! I look at my LC Pointer 100's and I hate the lip, it's way too thick.

Anyway GL with your email(s).
Agreed. I like the bait just the way it is. I haven't had an issue with broken 110s.

JRaymond - can you post pics?

WoodT
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by WoodT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm

The bill breaking off is part of the action. Triggers strikes, as well as general laughter from RC STX owners.

I'm being completely serious. Even cooler, the bill breaking makes the eyeballs roll up, thus imitating a fish that just got brained. Check this out if you don't believe me. Ultimately, blowing up a an 110 through reasonable or even unreasonable use really lets the mystique ooze through the plastic...literally, in some instances, as every 110 bait contains .25 ounces of liquid mystique from the Orient. And mystique catches fish.

It's action, comedy, and innovation all rolled into a $25 dollar bait.