Busted Vision 110

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Busted Vision 110

Post by Cracker » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:15 pm

The lip of 110 already beefed up and stronger now compare to previous years of production. I understand they had too many complains from the local anglers. This is info from Megabass Japan, I called them about two months ago, when I broke mine, the name of the representative was Kensuke.

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Tokugawa wrote: Agreed. I like the bait just the way it is. I haven't had an issue with broken 110s.

JRaymond - can you post pics?

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town on a fishing trip the past two day. Heres a pic of the broken lures. I plan on editing and posting the videos 2mor.

Owner www.susquehannasmallmouthguides.com

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 pm

damian_megabass wrote:
Jraymond wrote: I dont expect MB japan to redesign the 110 right away just because of me but if others are not happy with the durability please contact MB japan also and "cry them a river" along with me. I dont think it will take rocket science to beef the bill up a bit and every email could help get the ball rolling.

I totally understand where you are coming from and don't blame you for your complaints. But I will have to disagree with you regarding the last statement. Beefing up the bill will affect the action of the bait and will also kick it into a new design and more R & D. Simple changes aren't that easy.

I want you to put a turbo into your car that doesn't come from factory. I want you to drive it without being tuned for one week or just one day, I gaurantee you that yuor motor will blow within hours. Same goes with the so called beef up the lip. MB will have to redesign the 110 and pour more money into R&D and I highly doubt that they will.

I don't think I will want a beefier lip anyway, if that's the case I will buy all the original lips and never sell them!! I look at my LC Pointer 100's and I hate the lip, it's way too thick.

Anyway GL with your email(s).
Im curious what your relationship is with megabass... Prostaff, dealer, wholesaler, importer?

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Cracker wrote:The lip of 110 already beefed up and stronger now compare to previous years of production. I understand they had too many complains from the local anglers. This is info from Megabass Japan, I called them about two months ago, when I broke mine, the name of the representative was Kensuke.
Interesting. Any Idea how long ago the lures might have had an update?

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by emjay » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:12 am

^ I was watching your vid at work and couldnt stop laughing at your reaction. But yeah, sorry about the unfortunate events with the lure. I fish very rocky shorelines but have yet to break a lip but I dont do jerk motions, I tend to barely twitch the bait. Hope Megabass helps you out with replacements.

BIG M
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BIG M » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 am

The baits can be repaired. Send me a PM if you would like some info.

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 am

BIG M wrote:The baits can be repaired. Send me a PM if you would like some info.
Thank you. First I want to see how megabass japan handles it.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:44 am

Jraymond wrote: Im curious what your relationship is with megabass... Prostaff, dealer, wholesaler, importer?

I'm a nobody and have no affiliation with MB. Just another angler who loves their products and like to use something that not everyone and their grandma uses. As far as price and quality goes, so far they haven't failed me in either department so I have no complaints.

To me, why change something that isn't broken? Yeah, I've hit docks with my 110's but none of ever come back broken. I've dragged more than enough seaweed wrapped around the lip and so far no broken lip. This is my to go to lure and is tied on all year round and hasn't proven me wrong.

Like I said, as far as your thing goes, good luck! Hope it works out on your end.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:01 am

damian_megabass wrote:I'm a nobody and have no affiliation with MB. Just another angler who loves their products and like to use something that not everyone and their grandma uses. As far as price and quality goes, so far they haven't failed me in either department so I have no complaints.
If damian had spent as much on MB stock as he did on MB lures, he would be a majority holder. :lol:

Seriously though, the guy has more 110's than I would know what to do with, so I tend to respect his insights on the lure.

I'll echo his sentiments and say that sucks, and hopefully you get taken care of.

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 am

damian_megabass wrote:
Jraymond wrote: Im curious what your relationship is with megabass... Prostaff, dealer, wholesaler, importer?

I'm a nobody and have no affiliation with MB. Just another angler who loves their products and like to use something that not everyone and their grandma uses. As far as price and quality goes, so far they haven't failed me in either department so I have no complaints.

To me, why change something that isn't broken? Yeah, I've hit docks with my 110's but none of ever come back broken. I've dragged more than enough seaweed wrapped around the lip and so far no broken lip. This is my to go to lure and is tied on all year round and hasn't proven me wrong.

Like I said, as far as your thing goes, good luck! Hope it works out on your end.
I see, I was scratching my head when I read what you were talking about with "triple illusions situation" guess that was a private deal.

Thank you for the support. I hope it gets worked out too, I will miss fishing with mb lures.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:10 pm

facelessnewsouth wrote: If damian had spent as much on MB stock as he did on MB lures, he would be a majority holder. :lol:

Seriously though, the guy has more 110's than I would know what to do with, so I tend to respect his insights on the lure.

I'll echo his sentiments and say that sucks, and hopefully you get taken care of.
:lol: :lol: I wish!! Otherwise I'd have all of his rods and reels ever made :oops:

As far as my insights, I'd say take them as a grain of salt. ;) At the end of the day, the bass tells us what they want, my opinions/comments or so called advice will always be what they are and nothing more. Like the Hodgestwins always say, "Hey it's just advice, because at the end of the day, you can do whatever the *blank* you want to do!" :lol:

Jraymond wrote:I see, I was scratching my head when I read what you were talking about with "triple illusions situation" guess that was a private deal.

Thank you for the support. I hope it gets worked out too, I will miss fishing with mb lures.
Yeah his thing was different! If I had his model/color I'd send him one but I don't. ](*,)

Also let us know what MB.JP says. I'm curious to see how they reply back to you, if even.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 pm

@jraymond

I apologize if I came across as a bit of an a-hole :oops: I just don't think this is a warranty issue and I have much the same stance when it comes to rods, generally it is user error that causes rod breakage. I also think you will have a hard time with a japanese company when it comes to these sort of issues. Megabass, along with many other japanese companies put their money into R&D on the front end instead of warranties and replacements on the back end like many US companies. They have more expectations of the responsibility of the user, but thats just my take on it.

But, as another note, let me give you my tips on trying not to break these baits around rocks and wood, as it has troubled me also, and these fish so well around rocks for smallmouth and largemouth that I had to find a way:

1. You dont feel the bait hit anything generally, because the slack you jerked in the line, no matter how soft, prevents any real sensitivity, so you may say you didnt hit things, but you probably did, which brings me to...

2. I dont believe in most cases one has ever broke due to a single rock hit on a jerk, but instead is caused by repeated abuse and stress fracturing. I have a couple that I can see are started to fracture, you can see a crack within the center of the bait. Imagine just even mildly knocking that thin piece of plastic against a rock over and over and over. Physics say somethings got to give, and I dont think its gonna be the rock :whistle: I think a titanium or circuit board lip would be sweet if they could engineer it as well as the original

3. My #1 tip to anyone fishing these around rocks is to reel the bait down to full depth, if you feel the bottom dont jerk, but wait until you dont feel the bait grinding and then you should be in the clear as the bait shouldnt go much deeper, I bet this has saved me at least 10 baits. If you are always feeling the bottom, use thicker line or hifloats until you dont ;)

Again, hope this helps and hope there's no hard feelings. Dont give on megabass baits thats for sure, but if you do damian and i will buy your remaining baits...
Düzbomb's Custom Jigs www.facebook.com/DUZBOMBS

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

damian_megabass wrote: Also let us know what MB.JP says. I'm curious to see how they reply back to you, if even.
I'll keep you posted with their response if one comes which I too doubt will happen. Either way I know they will see the video and thats what I want.

I talked with a gentleman who works at the shop where I was buying the 110's. He said about 2 years ago a group of guys (tourny and recreational anglers) got together and collected all their broken megabass lures and sent them back hoping to make a point that there was a problem.. He said there were more then 200 lures, mostly jerkbaits and cranks but others too exceeding $5k. The lures where gone for a few months and returned back, no refunds and very little said. I didnt ask if they went to MBJ or USA, I will the next time I talk to him.

I believe something is broken and needs to be fixed. Like I said before, it wouldn't take rocket science to beef up the bill. They wouldnt even have to make it thicker, just put something ridgid in the mold where the bill meets the body of the lure before injecting plastic, something to make it more stable, I dunno but SOMETHING... A little more R&D could go a long way for them. But then again theres the old saying, "built (planned) in obsolescence" and one cant help but to wonder...

The dude from the shop said most of the guys never picked their broken lures up and their still boxed up at the shop. I want to get footage of them and put it on the web. The internet can be a powerful tool.

He also said they have dealt with so many pissed off customers over broken MB lures that in the past year they started making unfamiliar customers aware of what they were getting just to cover their butts. I asked him if they still sell alot of them, he chuckled and said "the rack is almost always full"
Last edited by Jraymond on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 pm

DUZBASS wrote:@jraymond

I apologize if I came across as a bit of an a-hole :oops:
No worries man. Thanks for the pointers. I plan on fishing with my megabass lures until my last one is broke or lost, not going to just chuck them lol.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Well...and I'm not saying this to be mean or oppositional...but there is a way to get what you want from folks who are Japanese and ways to guarantee an undesired response. Perhaps if you had handled things differently you may have tilted the odds in your favor, but now I do not think you will be successful in accomplishing your goal. Perhaps I am wrong. I wish you luck!