Tatsu vs Sunline Sniper

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Tatsu vs Sunline Sniper

Post by Bassmar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:09 am

I see that these two flouros seem to get the most love on this site. I am looking for a supple yet abrasion resistant line to use on a 2500 spinning reel for shakey heads. Was considering 8lb. Both are the same diameter. For those of you that have used both, which would you reccommend?

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatsu vs Sunline Sniper

Post by Mang » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:58 am

Gander right now has free shipping and there sunline sniper is on sale. get yours while they last :D

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:59 am

Btw i havent used sniper or tatsu yet, would love some feed backs too

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:10 am

Both of them are amazing. The Tatsu might fit your needs better.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 am

Tatsu is great except it’s not very abrasion resistant, it’s only weakness IMO. Sniper isn’t as soft but stronger as far as abrasion resistance goes. I haven’t found a fl line that’s anywhere near as good as top quality mono. I fish inshore and use Momoi’s Hi-Catch (Diamnond) mono in 12# FY, I like the high visibility line, I always add 2-4’ fl leader for presentation purposes.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:55 am

I use both and they are very similiar. You can't go wrong with either but Sniper is cheaper so that's the one I would choose. Let me also put Sunline Finesse Fluoro into the mix. I've been using it for a couple months and like it a lot. I'm just not sure it's that much different than Sniper.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:08 pm

I like the fact that Sniper can be bought in bulk and it comes in 5 and 7lb. Sniper's knot strength is a little less in my opinion, but you make up for it with softness and the fact that it stays limp without memory better than any fluoro that I have tried. The Tatsu has a harder inner core and softer outer that does tie knots well for a fluoro, but it is nowhere near the value of Sniper.

Nytron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Nytron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Sniper is stiffer and has more abrasion resistance. Tatsu is arguably better on a spinning reel though, less line twist since the line is more supple and parallel wound.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Mang wrote:Gander right now has free shipping and there sunline sniper is on sale. get yours while they last :D
I just bought a spool in store for 9 bucks of 8# sniper to try on my Fuego 2500a. I loved Tatsu, but the deal was great so I'm trying sniper. Tried 14# on a baitcaster once and hated it. Was like casting a slinky.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:06 pm

tywithay wrote:
Mang wrote:Gander right now has free shipping and there sunline sniper is on sale. get yours while they last :D
I just bought a spool in store for 9 bucks of 8# sniper to try on my Fuego 2500a. I loved Tatsu, but the deal was great so I'm trying sniper. Tried 14# on a baitcaster once and hated it. Was like casting a slinky.

Let me know how the 8lb Sniper behaves on your Fuego

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Bassmar wrote:
tywithay wrote:

Let me know how the 8lb Sniper behaves on your Fuego
I used 8lb on a Certate for a couple seasons and it handled well. As long as you close the bail by hand and don't over fill the spool you should be ok.

basskeeter1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basskeeter1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:34 am

Mang wrote:Btw i havent used sniper or tatsu yet, would love some feed backs too

X2 :doh:

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:55 am

basskeeter1 wrote:
Mang wrote:Btw i havent used sniper or tatsu yet, would love some feed backs too

X2 :doh:
I bought some 10# sniper from gander have it on a core50mg7 will be trying it friday. I didnt put any conditioner on it
Im most interested to find out its sensitivity and line management traits.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Bassmar wrote:I see that these two flouros seem to get the most love on this site. I am looking for a supple yet abrasion resistant line to use on a 2500 spinning reel for shakey heads. Was considering 8lb. Both are the same diameter. For those of you that have used both, which would you reccommend?
I got a spool of 8lb Tatsu and spooled it on a 2500 Stella mounted on a NRX 822 SYR rod. I have fished with this outfit over the past 5 days. I can say that I have finally found a fluoro that handles similar to mono. No memory issues coming off the reel and fantastic abrasion resistance. Was fishing a 1/8 oz shakey head among rocks for smallies with no abrasion issues. This is really a fantastic product. If like me you have hated using fluoro on spinning reels then do yourself a favour and try some Tatsu. It's pricey but you DEFINATELY get what you pay for. =D>

BTW TackleWarehouse has Tatsu on sale. :D

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:02 am

for the ones that's used both, which one is more sensitive and how far apart is the sensitivity? thx