rod reccomendation

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

rod reccomendation

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:44 pm

What spinning rod would you recommend for fishing drop shots with up to 1/4-3/8 oz weights, shakey heads up to 3/16 oz weights and wacky jigging with 1/8 oz weight. I will be using7 or 8 lb sunline flourocarbon on it. I am looking for a rod that will work for all applications in the omen black line. I was looking at the 7'1" medium light and medium rods. Any help would be appreciated because I have never owned a 13 fishing rod.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: rod reccomendation

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 pm

I would recommend that you take a look at the OBS71M if you plan on staying in the upper weight ranges listed....you might love the extra feel that you will get if you drop down to the OBS610ML...

but, if you are looking for the ultimate rod, and can spend a little more money, the best rod in the current line up will be the new Envy Black 6'10" and 7'2" ML Finesse Rods.(Launching in March)

Matt
13 Fishing

illinoisbassfishin wrote:What spinning rod would you recommend for fishing drop shots with up to 1/4-3/8 oz weights, shakey heads up to 3/16 oz weights and wacky jigging with 1/8 oz weight. I will be using7 or 8 lb sunline flourocarbon on it. I am looking for a rod that will work for all applications in the omen black line. I was looking at the 7'1" medium light and medium rods. Any help would be appreciated because I have never owned a 13 fishing rod.

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:44 am

What is the difference between the omen 7'1 ml compared to the 6'10 ml other than the length and the lure weight?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:28 am

Overall the 7'1" has slightly more power in the lower 3/4 of the rod. The tip section on these two models is virtually identical.

Matt
13 Fishing

illinoisbassfishin wrote:What is the difference between the omen 7'1 ml compared to the 6'10 ml other than the length and the lure weight?

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Well I'm all about saving money and fishing on a budget and having the best that I can afford. Gander Mtn, had a sale going on 10% off everything in the store and they have the omen black line. All they had in stock was the 7'1" medium light so I got it. I haven't used it yet but paired up with my quantum exo 30 spinning reel it feels great. Now I have two 7'6" medium heavy omen black casting rods, a 6'10" medium omen black casting rod and 4 concept a reels. What little bit I've used them I love them. I hope they hold up for many hours of fishing.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:59 am

Thank you for the support, sounds like you have built a solid 13 arsenal!

Tight Lines
Matt
13 Fishing
illinoisbassfishin wrote:Well I'm all about saving money and fishing on a budget and having the best that I can afford. Gander Mtn, had a sale going on 10% off everything in the store and they have the omen black line. All they had in stock was the 7'1" medium light so I got it. I haven't used it yet but paired up with my quantum exo 30 spinning reel it feels great. Now I have two 7'6" medium heavy omen black casting rods, a 6'10" medium omen black casting rod and 4 concept a reels. What little bit I've used them I love them. I hope they hold up for many hours of fishing.