Envy Black question

Questions regarding an existing product from 13 Fishing? Talk directly to an official representative!
CD1542
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Envy Black question

Post by CD1542 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:58 am

Im considering the Envy Black for a dedicated texas rig rod, 1/4-3/8oz. I usually fish a MH action rod with a fast tip. I have had extra fast tip rods before and really didnt care for them. I noticed the MH Envy models all have an XF tip, but the lure ratings seem to be a little high for a MH when compared to others. I dont fish a ton of heavy stuff with my t-rigs, mostly rocks and grass. Would I be better off getting the Medium power? Im looking at the 7' 1"model.

SBKsweet
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Envy Black question

Post by SBKsweet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:43 pm

I think the 71 medium would do just fine. I don't know what weights you use but I mainly throw 1/8oz on my t rigs. I have the omen 71 medium and it does great for that and also small jigs. I could only imagine the envy would do a better job then my omen and also be on the lighter side.

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:50 am

I have the 7'1M and I always throw 1/4 Trig with it. Sometimes I do go up to 3/8oz and even 3/8 jigs. However if your fishing near a lot of weed I would go MH but since you are not then their M is plenty of backbone. Their 7'1 M is one sweet stick, my favorite 13 rod.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:42 pm

We agree with the advice given on this thread, the Medium action will do the job nicely....however if you are wanting more stopping or fish turning power so that you can navigate them away from structure we think you should step up to the MH.

Matt
13 Fishing

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:09 am

i've heard some people say that their envy rods are a tad tip heavy. i own the 7'3M paired with a tourney lite and it balanced right at the end of the reel lock which is great imo. I want to get the 7'1 MH, 7'3MH and 7'6H but kinda apprehensive not knowing the actual balancing pt. Can someone chime in with the balancing pt with a ~6.5oz reel mounted? thx

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 am

With a 200e the 7'6" H and 7'11" H balance between the foregrip and the hook keeper, which is about an inch in front of the foregrip. For long, heavy powered rods this is very fair to me.
Any better and I believe you would be adding weight in the butt where you don't need it, the tips are pretty things and the recoils fairly light.
Your mileage may very, and today's super light reels present some challenges for longer rods.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 am

Our Envy rods are all custom balanced.... If anyone tells you a 13 Envy rod is "tip heavy" they probably haven't actually picked up that rod. Each rod is balanced and the average weight of the most popular reels are considered in the process so that when you mount your reel you can expect it to feel even lighter than they already are.

Ownership preaches "the devil is in the details" and our rod designs reflect that philosophy.

Matt
13 Fishing