Sniper vs. Invizx

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
marvinlee718
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Sniper vs. Invizx

Post by marvinlee718 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:57 pm

I know that these are some of the most popular fluorocarbons around the 20$ price range and I'm trying wanting to try some to see if I want to switch from co polymer. To those who have experience with both lines, which is more abrasion resistant, has less memory, is more sensitive, etc. The pros and cons for both. Which one would you go with for an overall, all purpose fluorocarbon?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sniper vs. Invizx

Post by toddmc » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:44 am

Try the search window for this forum. There is lots of info there.

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:58 am

InvisX is going to win on suppleness and knot strength. Sniper is going to win on (less) stretch, overall strength, sensitivity...all that being said, there are 2 very distinct poles or axis or camps that fluorocarbon can fall into...these two lines happen to both fall on similar sides...the supple, nice handling, "good on a spinning reel" camp but with some extra stretch and less sensitivity and abrasion resistance vs the Toray/Shooter-ish very pure, hard, stiff, sensitive, abrasion resistant but not awesome-handling fluorocarbon. Some, like Trilene 100%, in my opinion, seem to kind of fall in the middle...and sniper is closer to the middle than InvisX.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:04 am

wanna hear more about these lines as well or any other comparable brand

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:52 am

I'm about 5 months into my first spool of 20# sniper. It is super thin, handles great, and so far I've not had any breakoffs. I do not sense it is the most sensitive FC I've used but the handling of the line starts to offset this.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:57 pm

DavidSA wrote:I'm about 5 months into my first spool of 20# sniper. It is super thin, handles great, and so far I've not had any breakoffs. I do not sense it is the most sensitive FC I've used but the handling of the line starts to offset this.
what are the most sensitivie fc uve used?

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:03 am

I think I've used all the fluorocarbon lines that are available except for some of the JDM stuff...

I prefer InvizX to Sniper mainly because of the castability and better handling. I do believe that Sniper is probably a touch more sensitive and abrasion resistant because it's a little stiffer.

I've mostly gone back to Trilene 100% and just use one size down. I think it's just more readily available and seems to last longer IMO.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:57 am

For me I like Sniper a lot better. The #14 handles great. I tie a uni knot and have no knot strength issues.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:31 am

If I had to pick 1 I would lean towards seaguar

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:24 pm

If you want some cheap all around good line get some Red Label, if you want some great all around better line get some Tatsu. On second thought just save up some cash and get the Tatsu. :D

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:29 pm

johnnybassboat wrote:If you want some cheap all around good line get some Red Label, if you want some great all around better line get some Tatsu. On second thought just save up some cash and get the Tatsu. :D
Oops never answered you question. lol For me it would be Sniper over Invizx. I use mostly baitcasters and the handling of the Sniper has not been a problem, but the stretch of Invizx drives me nuts.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:10 am

InvizX is the least sensitive of the fifteen or so fluoros that I have tried. It handles well, but I wouldn't recommend it for bottom contact baits. I was out with a friend a few weeks ago and he was having trouble controlling the spool on his USDM Steez. He ended up with InvizX on it because it was the only fluoro that he could control. He had it set up on a Loomis NRX 895 for jigs. I picked it up to try out the NRX rod and wow did it lack sensitivity. This is a waste of a respectable rod in my opinion. Sniper handles as well as InvizX, but it is more sensitive. I would rate the Sniper as middle of the road in fluoro sensitivity. The harder lines like Shooter or Superhard Upgrade are the most sensitive.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:06 pm

fishingandfords wrote:If I had to pick 1 I would lean towards seaguar
x2