New Curado 70

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Curado 70

Post by masterbass » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:27 am

Why not call it a curado 50i?

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:17 am

masterbass wrote:Why not call it a curado 50i?
Im going to assume that the line capacity specs are off because they appear to be identical to the Aldebaran 50(Assuming the 10/150 is a typo). If they are using the existing the curado frame then the spool will be wider than the Aldebaran which should give it a little bit more line capacity hence the 70 size I assume.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:35 am

I like the size...looks to be aimed at concept A buyers.

billjaco
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by billjaco » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Is that an external brake control knob peeking out from the palming side of the reel?

Seems like a terrible location, if that is what I'm seeing.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:37 am

billjaco wrote:Is that an external brake control knob peeking out from the palming side of the reel?

Seems like a terrible location, if that is what I'm seeing.
Kind of like the Chronarch Ci4?

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:45 am

The Chronarch CI4+ has my favorite interpretation of the SVS infinity system shimano has come out with. If the curado 70 is built in a way that the brake control is visible but does not interfere with palming, I think it will be fine.

PBP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PBP » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:24 am

It has hagane logo on it, not sure what specifically will be introduced in design, but here is some info:

http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/te ... ex_en.html

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:24 am

Looks great! Love my 51E's and was wanting an upgrade without dropping the cash for an Aldebaran.
X-Ship and SVS in a smaller framed reel that won't break the bank sounds like a winner to me.

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Looks like a fantastic reel. Though if it makes that same squealing noise on the cast that the 200i makes, I won't be owning any of them. If they fix that noise issue, I may own 5 of these.

Justin

arrowslinger1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by arrowslinger1 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:06 am

If it squeals- lightly oil the svs hub

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:15 am

frogpond11 wrote:Looks like a fantastic reel. Though if it makes that same squealing noise on the cast that the 200i makes, I won't be owning any of them. If they fix that noise issue, I may own 5 of these.

Justin
Read the directions and you won't have the problem.

LPFC
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by LPFC » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:17 pm

fishingandfords wrote:
frogpond11 wrote:Looks like a fantastic reel. Though if it makes that same squealing noise on the cast that the 200i makes, I won't be owning any of them. If they fix that noise issue, I may own 5 of these.

Justin
still happens if you follow the directions. This is on 2 different reels. One mine and one a friends. Very disappointed in the Curado I.
Even if following the directions fixed the issue, IMO it's pathetic to have to clean and lube the brakes/drum that much

I have a chronarch CI4 and it doesn't have the issue.

poopformayor
Angler
Angler

Post by poopformayor » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Very interesting, should a be a fun little reel.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:20 am

fishingandfords wrote:

Justin
Just curious..do you think the brakes squeal because of the materials the pads are made from, or are the drums too smooth or rough? Or maybe the pads put too much pressure on the drum when they're applied, or the drum is too thin, so it vibrates.
Or is it just some kind of a weird harmonic ghost?
So many questions, so little time. :lol:

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:32 am

LPFC wrote:
fishingandfords wrote:

Justin
still happens if you follow the directions. This is on 2 different reels. One mine and one a friends. Very disappointed in the Curado I.
Even if following the directions fixed the issue, IMO it's pathetic to have to clean and lube the brakes/drum that much

I have a chronarch CI4 and it doesn't have the issue.
I agree. I don't think a brand new reel should come out of the package making noise like that. I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation for a reel that costs what the Curado I costs. If it was 1 or 2 reels that did it and the others didn't, that'd be one thing. But all 5 I got did the same exact thing. I know several of my buddies who got these reels and they all did it. That's just bad QC and/or design to let reels go out knowing they're doing that. I've always been a Shimano fan, but not since the I series Curados I'm not. Still have and love my Scorpion 1000XT and Core50MG7 though..those are prior to the new features or whatever it is that's causing these new noise issues. In the value reel department, I now prefer the Lews Lites and Daiwa Tatulas.

Justin