My fav rigs and swimmie collection...LOTS-O-PICS

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
TMG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

My fav rigs and swimmie collection...LOTS-O-PICS

Post by TMG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Here are some pics of my fav setups right now. And also of my fav swimbaits. and believe it or not, those little guys from walmart are killer on trout and panfish!! I got them cause they were on sale for $.50 a pac of 3, so I got 3 packs of the three colors. I was shocked when we started pulling in fish with them...lol

Last edited by TMG on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My fav rigs and swimmie collection...LOTS-O-PICS

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Sweet TMG.. hey... tell the fella's here more about your new Lamiglass XMG50 stick! We don't hear enough about Lamiglas on this board ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Golferpimp1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Golferpimp1 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:10 pm

nice set ups. Also love the swimbaits. I love these posts, like to see all the cool stuff. Gotta love the pixy and the ito. Maybe you could chime in on my "how to fish a swimbait" post in the bass section.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:22 pm

Love the setups! Love that lamiglass look to it with the all carbon grip or wrap or whatever haha.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

TMG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TMG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:11 pm

Thanks fellas! I dont see why more people dont fish lamiglas. They feel/perform just as good if not better than alot of the higher end loomis's. I actually had a GLX and traded it back in for 2 lamiglas rods... :lol: Anyone that asks about the XMG50's, I tell them to go for it. Today I picked up 3 more lamiglas rods...A senko special, crankin, and a Topwater special.

Hey skeet..the carbon fiber is the actual handle of the rod, not a wrap. When I first looked at them, I thought that they would be slick as hell when they get wet. But they actually have a texture to them. And as they get more "broke in" so to say, they should be awesome. but so far I have no complaints about the carbon fiber. Plus it looks cool... 8-) 8-)

daleo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daleo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:05 am

Yo TMG, nice collection !! Great swimbaits! How you making out with the Viento, how does it compare with the rest of your reels, and what make / type of rod do you use with it. Sorry for asking so many questions, trying to talk myself into buying the Viento.

TMG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TMG » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:48 am

Hey Daleo, I love the viento. Its just like all my other Daiwa's, great casting, smooth retrieve, good drag, plus the twitchin bar. The twitchin bar is an awesome feature. Just the little subtle moves you can make with it, its unbeleavabe. I am using it a Daiwa Procyon 7' heavy. The rod feels more like a mh though. It will soon be on a Lamiglas Senko Special when I get around to getting one. But for now the Daiwa rod works just fine.

CamiloS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CamiloS » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:14 am

Are those:

The Castaic Platinum? Do you use them for Musky?

Are they as good as they look?

TMG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TMG » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Hey CamiloS, Yes these are the Platinums, and they are as good as they look. The action in the water is simply amazing. I havent had any problems with them except for the paint coming off which is no biggie to me. I have caugt 10+ bass on the 6" carp, which is the one that shows the most use. Pretty good is you ask me. They have been holding up just fine for bass. But for musky, that might be a different story. I think they would be killer for musky, but I dont think they would last that long. I think a musky would rip one in half after a few catches.

ChuckE
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by ChuckE » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:25 pm

TMG,
Very nice, especially the way you have the rods hanging from the rafters.

Some of those swimbaits are bigger than the fish I've been catchn' lately in my local pond. Come to think of it, the swimbaits even look better too!

Chuck
TackleTour
Contributing Editor, Gear Crew Member and Moderator

bryfmd
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bryfmd » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:28 pm

TMG,

How do you like your Quantum PT Tour Edition???

I've been looking to get one...what technique are you using it for?

Thanks,

Bryfmd

TMG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TMG » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:55 pm

Actually you know what...I like it enough to have just bought a second... ;) It is probably one of the smoothest reels (besides my 103HL that doesnt get used) that I fish with. I use it for a variety of things. I have 2 spools for it, one with 15lb floro and the other with 20lb floro. It is mounted on a Lamiglas Swimbait special. I use it with the 15 for cranks and jigs, and with the 20 for smaller (2oz and less) swimbaits like the mattlures, 6" plats, etc. It is a great all around reel. I can say this...Quantum did something right when they made this reel. I like the fact that I dont have to have a tool to change spools. Its got a really neat side plate release.

And thanks chuck! The rafters are actually a 24'x4' platform that I built and lag bolted to the wall studs then suspended it with steel cables from the roof rafters for garage storage. I was in need somewhere to put my rods cause the wife didnt like em layin around the house ;) , so I went to wally world and got those vynl covered coffee cup hooks and some velcro cable straps and went to town. I used the hooks for the rod ends and just looped the velcro straps around the handles and hung em up. Works like a charm...Who needs to spend a few hundred bucks on a rod storage system when you can spend 20 and use the rest to pay the bait monkey... :OO

fishnguy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishnguy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:35 pm

wow tmg you have some awsome stuff. i especially like the pixy and lamiglas combo. enjoyed the pics. thanks for posting them.

TMG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TMG » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:06 pm

Thanks fishinguy!! Yeah the lamiglas/pixy combo is one of my most favorite setups. Absolutly a joy to use for panfish/trout. Here are 2 more I just recently added to my collection. An Energy E30PTi-A and a Conquest 400 on an okuma GS-C-761H. That is my new big swimmie rig. That thing will cast a 10" plat or a 8"hud a freakin mile!!

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:37 am

Nice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You have done the bait (tackle) monkey proud.

I had the same problem with toy storage until some of my kIds left home. I turned a bed room into my a get away. My wife says it looks like a tackle store.

D.R.

God Bless
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle