@Batson

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

@Batson

Post by sarcazmo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:50 am

Was browsing get bits website and they seem to either be out of stock or not carrying a couple eternity 2 models. Any updates on that? Possibly something new?

And any chance you'll release that MVT reel seat in multiple sizes?

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: @Batson

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:11 am

Baston - Hasn't been active on here since March. I would suggest emailing him...

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Sun May 01, 2016 5:33 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:Baston - Hasn't been active on here since March. I would suggest emailing him...
Tried calling too and never got through to anyone.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Wed May 04, 2016 2:42 am

What time did you call? The office is open 7:30am to 4pm Pacific Time.

Sorry for the slow response as we’ve been incredibly busy with the new catalog, many new parts coming out and announced in mid-July, so haven’t had as much time to visit various boards.

As far as the Eternity, we have decided to work with a new production facility, the previous facility made a great Eternity blank, as we wanted to move the Eternity rod blanks to a Made in USA program. Production will be in full swing on the new USA Made Eternity blanks soon.

No new sizes on the MVT Casting seat, though the RAPID Spin MVT will have a size 17

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:31 am

Any chance we will be seeing some 2 piece blanks from any of the Rainshadow lines?

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Wed May 04, 2016 4:03 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Any chance we will be seeing some 2 piece blanks from any of the Rainshadow lines?
Bass blanks? No, not in our new products coming out.

We currently have for Bass the RX7 ISP spin line (http://www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/prod ... -spinning/) are two-piece.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Wed May 04, 2016 10:25 am

Batson-Brands wrote:What time did you call? The office is open 7:30am to 4pm Pacific Time.

Sorry for the slow response as we’ve been incredibly busy with the new catalog, many new parts coming out and announced in mid-July, so haven’t had as much time to visit various boards.

As far as the Eternity, we have decided to work with a new production facility, the previous facility made a great Eternity blank, as we wanted to move the Eternity rod blanks to a Made in USA program. Production will be in full swing on the new USA Made Eternity blanks soon.

No new sizes on the MVT Casting seat, though the RAPID Spin MVT will have a size 17
Excited about the US made Eternity blanks. Can you share any info on them? Who will produce them? Will pricing remain the same? Ball park availability for consumers?

Bummer on the no new reel seat sizes. I'd love a blank through design I can use. I think Pac Bay has one, but I prefer the style of the Batson one.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Batson-Brands wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Any chance we will be seeing some 2 piece blanks from any of the Rainshadow lines?

We currently have for Bass the RX7 ISP spin line (http://www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/prod ... -spinning/) are two-piece.
That's too bad. Being MHX offers them I would think somebody would want to remain competitive for some basic 2 piece blanks. Isn't the RX7 line discontinued?

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Thu May 05, 2016 12:02 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Batson-Brands wrote:

That's too bad. Being MHX offers them I would think somebody would want to remain competitive for some basic 2 piece blanks. Isn't the RX7 line discontinued?
No, RX7 isn't discontinued. Some models will be rolling into the REVELATION line, but nothing that will change their action and power that people loved. Then there will be 5 models that will remain as RX7's

If more people speak up about wanting 2-Piece bass rod blanks then I'm sure we'd develop more. The RX7 models, that we do have as 2-piece are nice IM blanks.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu May 05, 2016 1:04 am

Any ideas when you'll update the guide spacing recommendations for the immortal and eternity 2?

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Thu May 05, 2016 2:59 am

sarcazmo wrote:Any ideas when you'll update the guide spacing recommendations for the immortal and eternity 2?
After ICAST we’ll be updating the guide spacing on those and other new blanks. It’s a pretty time consuming process with 500 or so blanks overall but we’re hoping to have it done in August.

Though you can always call in and ask, we have untested rod blueprints that will at least get you a starting point.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:50 am

Batson-Brands wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Batson-Brands wrote:

No, RX7 isn't discontinued. Some models will be rolling into the REVELATION line, but nothing that will change their action and power that people loved. Then there will be 5 models that will remain as RX7's

If more people speak up about wanting 2-Piece bass rod blanks then I'm sure we'd develop more. The RX7 models, that we do have as 2-piece are nice IM blanks.
So where can I find/source these 2 piece RX7 blanks? I see a few of the popping blanks on Ebay.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Fri May 06, 2016 1:15 am

Many of our vendors should have it in stock or can order them, you can see our list of dealers at: http://www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/find-dealer/

If you do a google search for the “Part Number rod blank” multiple stores should come up in the search as well.

These RX7 two-piece are a little more all purpose blanks. There's RX6 3-piece travel rods that'll have a some more power behind them, you can see them at: http://www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/prod ... ravelspin/
Last edited by Batson-Brands on Fri May 06, 2016 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Fri May 06, 2016 1:52 am

sarcazmo wrote:Excited about the US made Eternity blanks. Can you share any info on them? Who will produce them? Will pricing remain the same? Ball park availability for consumers?

Bummer on the no new reel seat sizes. I'd love a blank through design I can use. I think Pac Bay has one, but I prefer the style of the Batson one.
Sorry somehow missed your questions here.
The Eternity’s will no longer be the cobalt blue (though fly blanks will be), they’ll been a more natural semi-gloss gray. The price will go up as what happens with most USA made products, not sure how much as we let vendors set their own pricing. By moving them to the U.S. we’ll be able to tighten the quality control of their production (they are tough to produce) and performance will increase as well. Eternity’s will now be using an updated version of our RX9 carbon fiber materials, now called RX9+ and a new resin system.

We never say who produces our blanks, we use sources all over the world. Obviously the Eternity will be in the U.S. and there’s only so many facilities in the U.S. that can produce our volume. Let’s just say this facility has quite possibly the highest production standards around.

As far as the seat, we just haven’t received enough demand from consumers to have different sizes at this point. What size were you looking for?
Though we’re always looking at more options and working on new designs.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Fri May 06, 2016 4:19 am

Batson-Brands wrote:
sarcazmo wrote:Excited about the US made Eternity blanks. Can you share any info on them? Who will produce them? Will pricing remain the same? Ball park availability for consumers?

Sorry somehow missed your questions here.
The Eternity’s will no longer be the cobalt blue (though fly blanks will be), they’ll been a more natural semi-gloss gray. The price will go up as what happens with most USA made products, not sure how much as we let vendors set their own pricing. By moving them to the U.S. we’ll be able to tighten the quality control of their production (they are tough to produce) and performance will increase as well. Eternity’s will now be using an updated version of our RX9 carbon fiber materials, now called RX9+ and a new resin system.

We never say who produces our blanks, we use sources all over the world. Obviously the Eternity will be in the U.S. and there’s only so many facilities in the U.S. that can produce our volume. Let’s just say this facility has quite possibly the highest production standards around.

As far as the seat, we just haven’t received enough demand from consumers to have different sizes at this point. What size were you looking for?
Though we’re always looking at more options and working on new designs.
Thanks for the updates. The natural semi gloss gray... Does this mean they will still be painted that color? Or will there be a semi gloss clear applied to the raw blank? Any info about availability? Will there be new models?

As far as reel seat, something with a few sizes for spinning blanks, 10.5 specifically right now. http://www.mudhole.com/GBS-Blank-Expose ... Reel-Seats Is the blank I use the most for my personal rods. I enjoy the simplicity of mounting it directly to the blank and the overall blank through design. The aesthetics leave something to be desired which is why I was inquiring about yours.

I know there has been some discussion here wishing more manufacturers would produce spinning seats in multiple sizes...