megabass levante imput

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

megabass levante imput

Post by mada1594 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:58 pm

hey guys im just wondering if anyone has used any of the levante series rods and if so what do you think of them? I really want to get some megabass rods and these are way less pricey than any of the others and I would be able to get a few to cover my bases for swimbait, cranking, and spinnerbait which are the techniques I use most. so please give me some feedback on these and also if you know of anywhere I can get these rods for less than the $199 new or used in good shape please let me know thanks! :)
gone fishin! borderline 11!

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: megabass levante imput

Post by triple_illusion » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:09 am

The Levante series is pretty solid. I have the Leviathan and it feels a lot like Rogue 807 swimbait rod. It is very strong and I have total confidence in it. I have also handled the Diablo Spec R and it is well balanced and crisp. The build quality is pretty good, not the best Megabass has to offer but close enough for the price.
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:21 am

I have the Diablo Spec R. It’s a pretty versatile stick, but I use it for Chatterbaits almost exclusively. It has a very clean look to it that you can really appreciate. It’s a really fun rod to cast and it has a very responsive tip that allows me to have great feel on moving baits. I can really dial into the vibration of my bait for good bite detection and working my lure through the grass effectively.

I will say this, if you are wanting/planning on getting multiple Megabass rods already…I think you should do yourself a favor and get at least one Orochi XX. They are absolutely terrific rods and are extremely sensitive. The $85-$125 jump to the Orochi XX series is definitely worth it and they are a great value @ that price point IMO. Plus, you’ll probably end up wanting one eventually anyway. If you’re wanting to dip a toe into Megabass rods, the Levante Series isn’t a bad place to start at all. But you sure won’t end there…

BTW, Here is Cal’s review of the Levante Diablo Spec R. It’s worth a read if you haven’t already…
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmblevantediablo.html

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 am

triple_illusion wrote:The Levante series is pretty solid. I have the Leviathan and it feels a lot like Rogue 807 swimbait rod. It is very strong and I have total confidence in it. I have also handled the Diablo Spec R and it is well balanced and crisp. The build quality is pretty good, not the best Megabass has to offer but close enough for the price.
great thanks for the info!

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:20 am

papabassin wrote:I have the Diablo Spec R. It’s a pretty versatile stick, but I use it for Chatterbaits almost exclusively. It has a very clean look to it that you can really appreciate. It’s a really fun rod to cast and it has a very responsive tip that allows me to have great feel on moving baits. I can really dial into the vibration of my bait for good bite detection and working my lure through the grass effectively.

I will say this, if you are wanting/planning on getting multiple Megabass rods already…I think you should do yourself a favor and get at least one Orochi XX. They are absolutely terrific rods and are extremely sensitive. The $85-$125 jump to the Orochi XX series is definitely worth it and they are a great value @ that price point IMO. Plus, you’ll probably end up wanting one eventually anyway. If you’re wanting to dip a toe into Megabass rods, the Levante Series isn’t a bad place to start at all. But you sure won’t end there…

BTW, Here is Cal’s review of the Levante Diablo Spec R. It’s worth a read if you haven’t already…
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmblevantediablo.html
thanks for the info and the link to the review that was very helpful! I was looking at the orochi xx rods as well and if I could find a used one for a good price I would def pick it up. however I am very prone to breaking rods hitting them in doorways or grabbing them wrong and snapping the tip :doh: so I prefer to buy rods that are 200 or less and im in love with megabass reels I have 5 now and I want to pair them with megabass rods and at $199 with all the variety like the leviathan, swimbait, flat side special, diablo, and many more it seems like the perfect thing for me. plus I am very partial to black on black colors so that also perfect. I just wanted to see if people liked them and also if anyone has some they might want to send my way ;) or a place I can get them on sale or something.

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Tried levante in store and here is what I found:
- little tip heavy if you are sensitive about rod balance and plan to use less than 7oz reel
- sensitivity is pair with shimano zodias level
- detail quality is real good even it's Made in China(no offense ](*,) )
mada1594 wrote:hey guys im just wondering if anyone has used any of the levante series rods and if so what do you think of them? I really want to get some megabass rods and these are way less pricey than any of the others and I would be able to get a few to cover my bases for swimbait, cranking, and spinnerbait which are the techniques I use most. so please give me some feedback on these and also if you know of anywhere I can get these rods for less than the $199 new or used in good shape please let me know thanks! :)
"North" of America...

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:29 am

alafly wrote:Tried levante in store and here is what I found:
- little tip heavy if you are sensitive about rod balance and plan to use less than 7oz reel
mada1594 wrote:hey guys im just wondering if anyone has used any of the levante series rods and if so what do you think of them? I really want to get some megabass rods and these are way less pricey than any of the others and I would be able to get a few to cover my bases for swimbait, cranking, and spinnerbait which are the techniques I use most. so please give me some feedback on these and also if you know of anywhere I can get these rods for less than the $199 new or used in good shape please let me know thanks! :)
ok thanks for the info I appreciate that input! :)

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:54 am

No problem. BTW, LEVANTE F5-610C SPINNERBAIT SPECIAL is just short version of Diablo if you prefer shorter rod. It will also help little better balance when you are pairing the reel.
mada1594 wrote:
"North" of America...

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:02 am

alafly wrote:No problem. BTW, LEVANTE F5-610C SPINNERBAIT SPECIAL is just short version of Diablo if you prefer shorter rod. It will also help little better balance when you are pairing the reel.
mada1594 wrote:
oh ok thanks! I know about reels but im now learning about rods I never realized how confusing it can be with the different power, taper, material, action, length etc... lol ](*,) so thank you for the help!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:01 am

mada1594 wrote:thanks for the info and the link to the review that was very helpful! I was looking at the orochi xx rods as well and if I could find a used one for a good price I would def pick it up. however I am very prone to breaking rods hitting them in doorways or grabbing them wrong and snapping the tip :doh: so I prefer to buy rods that are 200 or less and im in love with megabass reels I have 5 now and I want to pair them with megabass rods and at $199 with all the variety like the leviathan, swimbait, flat side special, diablo, and many more it seems like the perfect thing for me. plus I am very partial to black on black colors so that also perfect. I just wanted to see if people liked them and also if anyone has some they might want to send my way ;) or a place I can get them on sale or something.
If you are prone to breaking rods, my advice, Megabass rods are not for you. Megabass of America warranty is good to the original buyer of a new rod from an authorized Megabass of America retailer. They verify purchases with a receipt prior to any warranty service, read the policy on their website. They aren't going to, nor should they have to cover negligence like doorways, mishandling, etc. If you buy a used rod, more power to you, but you have ZERO warranty according to their policy, same as if you buy a rod from overseas new or used.

As far as Levante vs XX, to me, there is no comparison. The XX are clearly superior in terms of performance and well worth the premium in price. Levante aren't bad rods, but the cost differential easily justified in my opinion.

If you've already bought 5 Megabass reels, none of which are "entry level" and want to pair them with Megabass rods, perhaps "entry level" Megabass Levante rods aren't the best option for you, especially if you are prone to breaking rods in door ways and by mishandling them.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 pm

bronzefly wrote:
mada1594 wrote:thanks for the info and the link to the review that was very helpful! I was looking at the orochi xx rods as well and if I could find a used one for a good price I would def pick it up. however I am very prone to breaking rods hitting them in doorways or grabbing them wrong and snapping the tip :doh: so I prefer to buy rods that are 200 or less and im in love with megabass reels I have 5 now and I want to pair them with megabass rods and at $199 with all the variety like the leviathan, swimbait, flat side special, diablo, and many more it seems like the perfect thing for me. plus I am very partial to black on black colors so that also perfect. I just wanted to see if people liked them and also if anyone has some they might want to send my way ;) or a place I can get them on sale or something.
If you are prone to breaking rods, my advice, Megabass rods are not for you. Megabass of America warranty is good to the original buyer of a new rod from an authorized Megabass of America retailer. They verify purchases with a receipt prior to any warranty service, read the policy on their website. They aren't going to, nor should they have to cover negligence like doorways, mishandling, etc. If you buy a used rod, more power to you, but you have ZERO warranty according to their policy, same as if you buy a rod from overseas new or used.

As far as Levante vs XX, to me, there is no comparison. The XX are clearly superior in terms of performance and well worth the premium in price. Levante aren't bad rods, but the cost differential easily justified in my opinion.

If you've already bought 5 Megabass reels, none of which are "entry level" and want to pair them with Megabass rods, perhaps "entry level" Megabass Levante rods aren't the best option for you, especially if you are prone to breaking rods in door ways and by mishandling them.
I wasn't buying megabass rods for the warranty nor am I trying in any way to take advantage of them for the warranty if I was to break the rod bc of my own stupidity I wouldn't expect them to replace it hence the reason I am not trying to buy a really expensive rod. I love megabass reels, lures, and all their products and I wanted some megabass rods but I don't have the money for nor can I justify buying any rods over $200 and I saw the levante rods and they look great and the price is right so I was just seeing if they are good rods. I don't break a ton of rods but breaking a $200 rod is less hurtful than a $300-$400 rod. I do realize if I buy a rod used I do not get the warranty but that is ok with me if I can get a good deal. I also prefer rods without cork so that's another reason levante rods are perfect for me. I appreciate the input and suggestions! :)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:57 pm

mada1594 wrote:I wasn't buying megabass rods for the warranty nor am I trying in any way to take advantage of them for the warranty if I was to break the rod bc of my own stupidity I wouldn't expect them to replace it hence the reason I am not trying to buy a really expensive rod. I love megabass reels, lures, and all their products and I wanted some megabass rods but I don't have the money for nor can I justify buying any rods over $200 and I saw the levante rods and they look great and the price is right so I was just seeing if they are good rods. I don't break a ton of rods but breaking a $200 rod is less hurtful than a $300-$400 rod. I do realize if I buy a rod used I do not get the warranty but that is ok with me if I can get a good deal. I also prefer rods without cork so that's another reason levante rods are perfect for me. I appreciate the input and suggestions! :)
I'd agree, breaking a $300 - $400 rod without a warranty is more painful than breaking a $200 rod with no warranty. It's surprising how many are unaware that the Megabass rod warranty doesn't transfer from the original buyer to anyone else. It's good that you are aware of that fact going into your venture. You obviously like the aesthetic of the Levante series, so best of luck on your search for a few and be sure to post up some photos with the Megabass reels, I'm sure they'll look great together!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:15 am

bronzefly wrote:
mada1594 wrote:I wasn't buying megabass rods for the warranty nor am I trying in any way to take advantage of them for the warranty if I was to break the rod bc of my own stupidity I wouldn't expect them to replace it hence the reason I am not trying to buy a really expensive rod. I love megabass reels, lures, and all their products and I wanted some megabass rods but I don't have the money for nor can I justify buying any rods over $200 and I saw the levante rods and they look great and the price is right so I was just seeing if they are good rods. I don't break a ton of rods but breaking a $200 rod is less hurtful than a $300-$400 rod. I do realize if I buy a rod used I do not get the warranty but that is ok with me if I can get a good deal. I also prefer rods without cork so that's another reason levante rods are perfect for me. I appreciate the input and suggestions! :)
I'd agree, breaking a $300 - $400 rod without a warranty is more painful than breaking a $200 rod with no warranty. It's surprising how many are unaware that the Megabass rod warranty doesn't transfer from the original buyer to anyone else. It's good that you are aware of that fact going into your venture. You obviously like the aesthetic of the Levante series, so best of luck on your search for a few and be sure to post up some photos with the Megabass reels, I'm sure they'll look great together!
thanks I really appreciate your tips and info you provide for megabass products on this forum its def nice to have someone on here who can answer all of our megabass questions! :D

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:46 am

For the $ get xx or even mb hyuga.

mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mada1594 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:55 am

cndbasshunter wrote:For the $ get xx or even mb hyuga.
yeah I was looking at maybe getting a hyuga but I am in no rush as I am in ohio and it is too cold to fish right now so I will be doing research and making purchases during the winter prepping for the fishing season next year.