Kidney stones!

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kidney stones!

Post by tditox4 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:02 am

mark poulson wrote:One of the funniest "you might be a redneck" Jeff Foxworthy bits is when he compares passing a kidney stone to having a baby.
He points out that women who go through child birth frequently decide to have another child, but no one who passes a kidney stone has ever volunteered to do it again! :lol:
I feel for you , man . I had one years ago...after walking around for a week or so holding my lower stomach area , I passed it while urinating. The pain was so intense that I passed out and knocked myself out on the sink. My wife called an ambulance . When I came to , I saw 2 paramedics hovering over me. Spent a week in the hospital and they could not find anything . I was told that I probably passed it and passed out.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Prayers sent your way Tim! We will save all the good deals on the various Alphas variants for you when you are feeling better!

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:Prayers sent your way Tim! We will save all the good deals on the various Alphas variants for you when you are feeling better!
Tim ? ... Alphas ? ... no way !!!

Had to Tim ! Sorry :lol:

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Wishing you a fast recovery,you will be castingg before you know it
Happiness is a sore thumb

806swampdonkey
Angler
Angler

Post by 806swampdonkey » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:25 am

Get well buddy. Hate to hear that!

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:48 am

jpd0144 wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:Prayers sent your way Tim! We will save all the good deals on the various Alphas variants for you when you are feeling better!
Tim ? ... Alphas ? ... no way !!!

Had to Tim ! Sorry :lol:
No kidding! Maybe in 2017 Daiwa will release a limited run model with his initials on it! Hang in there Tim! All the TT community is pulling for you!

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Best wishes man, have had four different occasions of passing stones...lmao, first one actually knocked me off my feet, literally...couldn't even walk without help.hurt to beat hell, but I wouldn't let them operate, and instead snuck out of the hospital, came home and drank loads of water while lying in a hottub with the jets beating my kidneys to break it up...ithnk the worst part was not knowing what it was...the rest have all hurt too, but progressively less...I think Ive had so many Im getting used to them lol....diet plays a huge role. But, Im not gonna stop drinking tea or milk, or eating red meat,so it is what it is. Last couple I just wanted some pain pills so I could work thru it with some peace...not fun at all man! Hopefully you'll be stone free from now on...

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:56 am

Thanks everyone. They blasted the stone with a laser and the stent is to let all that wreckage pass. I'm in a much better place now, physically and mentally, though I am slightly dreading the removal of the stent tomorrow morning. There's a string currently poking out of the end of my 'business', which they will give a firm tug then. My buddy and my mom both say when theirs were removed, blood flew everywhere....not something to look forward to! :-#
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:47 am

Tim - hope you feel better soon. The image of the string, the ensuing yank...Kind of like a party popper but not really. :shock:

Hope you are back in action quickly and painlessly.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 am

Oh - and remember - this too shall pass.

Sorry...Couldn't help myself.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:25 am

Get well soon Tim... I can't imagine that kind of pain!!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:00 am

Hope you have a quick recovery Tim.

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JDLaman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:14 am

Prayers to you buddy. Hope you are feeling better real soon. I had my first stone at age 16 and 8 more over the next 34 years. Some I passed on my own and others required a stent and multiple lithotripsy treatments.

Kidney stones are the most intense pain I have ever felt. Morphine is your only friend when suffering with a stone. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Best wishes my friend. I've danced with these four times. Just impossible to describe the pain. Drink, drink, drink. Good luck!

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:53 am

Good luck to you!