What's Your Favorite Topwater Bait? ~~~~~~<:------<<

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What's Your Favorite Topwater Bait? ~~~~~~<:------<<

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:24 am

Heddon Zara spook Jr
Deps Buzzjet Jr
Original Wooden Lunker Punker
Storm Chug Bug
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

fati
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fati » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:10 am

Someone had any luck with the savage suicide duck ?

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 pm

antisaint wrote:Duo Realis pencil 85/110, Evergreen shower blows 105
I haven't fished the 85, but the 110 is killer. Same with the Shower Blows: fished the bigger one and love it.
goldrod wrote:the evergreen onebug can walk in place....pop spit chug.. oh and it can walk in place :whistle:
So it can walk in place? :big grin: Seriously, damn you! Now I need to buy another expensive Japanese topwater! I guess I'll probably survive the experience. \:D/

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:29 am

The one go to bait for me is the Strike King Sexy Dog and they are half the price of other baits. I also have the Evergreen JT's.

Tavery5
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tavery5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:00 am

I own 95% of the baits mentioned in this thread, and they are all very good. But when I think about topwater fishing I always have a Zara Spook Jr. in Bone White tied on. They just catch fish.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 am

Rico is my go to.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 am

njbasscat wrote:Rico is my go to.
I bought one of these and was sorely disappointed. The hooks were crap and one was bent out. The paint was sketchy. I wrote a TW review about it, but it was mysteriously never posted. I think it's all a bunch of hype. I put some st-36's on it and have yet to catch anything. Certainly not the magic bullet it's made out to be.
This is the way.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:42 pm

poisonokie wrote:
I bought one of these and was sorely disappointed. The hooks were crap and one was bent out. The paint was sketchy. I wrote a TW review about it, but it was mysteriously never posted. I think it's all a bunch of hype. I put some st-36's on it and have yet to catch anything. Certainly not the magic bullet it's made out to be.
I don't know what you got, but it was massively defective. I own about twenty Ricos, and every one of them has the sharpest hooks I've ever gotten on a factory bait, is perfectly finished, and catches fish like crazy. They are everything they're made out to be. You got had. And this is not just someone trying to sell you a lure because I don't really care if you buy one, but whatever you got is nothing like any Rico I or any of the dozen guys I know that I turned on to them has ever gotten.

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Randingo wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
I don't know what you got, but it was massively defective. I own about twenty Ricos, and every one of them has the sharpest hooks I've ever gotten on a factory bait, is perfectly finished, and catches fish like crazy. They are everything they're made out to be. You got had. And this is not just someone trying to sell you a lure because I don't really care if you buy one, but whatever you got is nothing like any Rico I or any of the dozen guys I know that I turned on to them has ever gotten.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think that he may be responding to my first post;;
What's Your Favorite Topwater Bait? ~~~~~~<:------<<
Edit
Report this post

Postby Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Mine is the River2Sea Whopper Plopper 190 in Rat Ta Tat, Yellow Head and I Know It Colors. I recommend is to get 40 lb braided line. You may want to replace the stock hooks with Owner ST36's.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Fav popper - pop-x by far
Fav walker - Balsa pro
Fav prop - plopper, just about have one of these tied on at all times
Fav frog - stanley ribbit
Fav buzz - Cavitron

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:13 am

Randingo wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
I got had by tackle warehouse?
This is the way.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:40 am

poisonokie wrote:
Randingo wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
I'm not saying TW did anything wrong. Apparently you got the one Rico out of more than two dozen that I've personally handled that wasn't everything I described. You can obviously believe what you want, but I've fished and been around people fishing way too many of these that are everything I've claimed to think for a second that the bait you got was anything except a horrible failure from QC. You got a bad bait is all I'm saying. Do with that information whatever you will...

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am

Randingo wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Randingo wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
I'm not saying TW did anything wrong. Apparently you got the one Rico out of more than two dozen that I've personally handled that wasn't everything I described. You can obviously believe what you want, but I've fished and been around people fishing way too many of these that are everything I've claimed to think for a second that the bait you got was anything except a horrible failure from QC. You got a bad bait is all I'm saying. Do with that information whatever you will...
I agree. I have one that I've been using for three years with original hooks still intact and sharp. The paint has held up very well considering it has caught hundreds of fish. I think you got a rare lemon.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 am

Are you guys talking about the 1/4oz rico or the 7/16oz rio rico? I have a couple of the rio rico but never fished the smaller rico.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Rico
Raid two-side
Evergreen Combat popper
Live Target field mouse
Pompadour
Xcalibur Zell Xz2/3