North Fork Composites

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Kravetz
Angler
Angler

Re: North Fork Composites

Post by Kravetz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 am

Anybody try their spin jig blanks

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 am

Kravetz wrote:Anybody try their spin jig blanks

Yes

Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 108642 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:48 pm

I am interested in their Delta Blank. I watched this: https://www.facebook.com/NorthForkCompo ... 326554568/ and was wondering if you had any thoughts? It reminds me of the old ugly stick illustrations.
Thanks

Kravetz
Angler
Angler

Post by Kravetz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:08 am

Impressive I wonder which blank that is

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:39 am

Has anyone received their orders from this sale? I contacted them over two weeks ago through email and they said they got slammed and processing would be a few days longer than usual. I still don't think mine have shipped. I can't sign in on their website to check the status for some reason and I can't get anyone on the phone. I sent another email a few days ago with no response.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 am

TK_duluthbass wrote:Has anyone received their orders from this sale? I contacted them over two weeks ago through email and they said they got slammed and processing would be a few days longer than usual. I still don't think mine have shipped. I can't sign in on their website to check the status for some reason and I can't get anyone on the phone. I sent another email a few days ago with no response.
I received mine early last week.

rh_916
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rh_916 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:33 pm

TK_duluthbass wrote:Has anyone received their orders from this sale? I contacted them over two weeks ago through email and they said they got slammed and processing would be a few days longer than usual. I still don't think mine have shipped. I can't sign in on their website to check the status for some reason and I can't get anyone on the phone. I sent another email a few days ago with no response.

Haven't got mines yet. Its been 3 weeks for me only

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Received mine last week. Not sure how long it took them but it certainly was not quick shipping.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:39 am

rh_916 wrote:

Haven't got mines yet. Its been 3 weeks for me only
You'll get them. Not quick, but totally worth the wait.

bish0p
Angler
Angler

Post by bish0p » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 am

My first order was placed on the 5th and delivered on the 22nd. I placed another order on the 17th that I'm still waiting for.

I've never owned a blank from the old Loomis or NFC. The pair of steelhead blanks I got are pretty damn impressive.

Susitnasalmonguide
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Susitnasalmonguide » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:22 pm

I've experienced the same slow shipping time. I received an order confirming e-mail on April 4 -- but so far have not seen the blanks I ordered. I attempted to e-mail a couple times with no answer -- next tried to call about 4 times with no answer -- finally called and talked to an individual. NFC spokesperson did not know anything about the status of my order, but mentioned NFC had received lots of blank orders and was simply working their way through them. The spokesperson also mentioned that NFC recently moved facilities and needed to get set up before they would be shipping back on their regular schedule again. Also mentioned that the person in charge of shipping was off that day.

Bottomline, some of us are still waiting for an indefinite amount of time. I'm still looking forward to arrival of the blanks I ordered, but have concluded that more inquiries into when my order might ship may likely only slow down the process for everyone else involved. Glad to hear some have already received their orders -- perhaps mine will show up soon. Did anyone receive tracking information or any other information when their orders were shipped? =D>
Quantum, HL Outdoors - ESB Bobbers, Pautzke Bait Company, Sufix

Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 108642 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 pm

I received an e-mail after my order, checking to make sure the order info was right. They also said it would be May 5 before I could expect it. This is fine with me as I might not be able to work on it till next winter. And at 50% off I am happy so far.

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:38 am

Thanks for the responses. I finally reached them on the phone and was told they didn't have my order, but he's going to look into it further on Monday. The payment definitely went through on my end. I placed the order on April 7th. I don't think he was going back far enough in his books when looking for my order because I mistakenly told him I thought I placed the order on the 17th instead of the 7th. I emailed screenshots from my bank account and PayPal to show they took my money. I wasn't suoer satisfied with the phone conservation, but I think it will get worked out. He also told me they moved facilities, which makes me wonder why the timed the sale the way they did.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 pm

The Website is coming soon in 2016!

So they have that going for them.

I sent Alex an email explaining my frustration with NFC. It got no response. I love NFC's product, but there is more to business than producing an amazing product.

Seems like they needed to raise some capital for the move. Not the best strategy in my opinion. Two reasons, first the devaluation of the brand. Those paying 50% less will be hard pressed to pull the trigger at full price. Conversely, those that paid full price will now want a deal and may wait for an annual sale (See Under Armor for a case study). Secondly, long order fulfillment times and a lack of communication only enhance the negative image of the company. Again, this puts repeat customers on edge about follow-up purchases.

Unfortunately, this seems to be their method of doing business. I took part in the Kickstarter for Edge rods as.well. In the beginning, they were communicating and saying all the right things. As they reached the goal and had the money, communication stopped. We eventually got the rods, however, the titanium ceramic guides were replaced with the chrome guides of the $99 TFO rods. I emailed Alex and told him it was a mistake. He insisted they are the best guide and "Garry himself tested them". FYI, at the outdoors show 2017 I saw all the EDGE rods now have ceramic guides...fool me once...

Oh well...any feedback on the Delta blanks if you got them in?

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Mon May 01, 2017 5:26 am

Well, they finally got my order straightened out. The whole process was a pain and I'm not happy about my transactions with them. I hope the blanks are worth the trouble.