Orochi XXX

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by poot04 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Fished chimera today it is very nice. At least as sensitive as my xx pp and well balanced. Will be nice senko Dock rod as well as 1/4 to 3/8 jigs and t rigs. Getcha some xxx rods from TTT they are sweet.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:13 am

Anybody want to post some new pics so I can live vicariously through you? Now that I'm on "the list" the wait might literally kill me!

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:49 pm

evilcatfish wrote:Anybody want to post some new pics so I can live vicariously through you? Now that I'm on "the list" the wait might literally kill me!
Destruction F7-70K

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:53 am

Nice combo Tony! The wait was shorter than I expected, it so happens my rattle viper is on the truck for delivery today. Now which reel to put on it...

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 am

evilcatfish wrote:Nice combo Tony! The wait was shorter than I expected, it so happens my rattle viper is on the truck for delivery today. Now which reel to put on it...
Thanks! It's a really pretty rod, you'll love yours for sure! I haven't even used mine that much yet. Only for about an hour at a local pond. It looks like it'll make a great 1-1.5 oz swimbait / light punch rod.

daiwa lunatic
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwa lunatic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:31 pm

I haven't been in this site for a while, and my first impression on the link is that has Manny Pacquiao got hook to bass fishing.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Anybody use the Chimaera much? Looking for some more reviews of that one. Is it like a shorter XX DSR?

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:01 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:Anybody use the Chimaera much? Looking for some more reviews of that one. Is it like a shorter XX DSR?
I recently received mine from TTT. I'll be using it for the first time tomorrow throwing 3/8oz swim jigs. I'll keep you posted.

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:26 pm

The Chimaera performed flawlessly today. I was using it to throw a 3/8oz Dirty Jigs No-Jack Swim Jig with a Reaction Innovations Little Dipper as a trailer. The rod loads well on the cast and the action was perfect for me during the retrieve and hook set. Plenty sensitive as well.The rod is also light and well balanced. The build quality and looks are pure MB. I'm positive that this rod could handle 1/2oz jigs/t-rigs for bottom contact duty.

hzzhangc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hzzhangc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Now I am debating should I get the XX or the XXX?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:07 pm

To be honest and I may be flamed here but I'm partial to the double x line. Now on the other hand you certainly can't go wrong with the XXX. As stated earlier I believe in this post I just said it wasn't my cup of tea. As you all know rods, reels, boats and gear in any shape or form has to have that "it" feeling which to me doesn't have to really be anything tangible. Anyway no better way to find out then snatch one up ;)

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:03 am

Less than impressed by the xXx. They're neat rods, don't get me wrong, but they're basically nicer Levantes with more interesting tapers. They're not replacing XX rods any time soon IMO. Blanks and guides are no where near as nice as the XX rods but the tapers and balance are good. They bridge the gap between the Levante and XX rods but XX rod replacements they are not. They're not even on par with XX rods. If you're looking for a sub $300 versatile moving bait MG stick that is well balanced and you haven't found what you want in the XX or Levante sticks, then then strongly consider the xXx rods. These rods have great build quality, JDM appeal, tapers and are well balanced. They'res a bunch of great stick in the line up but do cross shop the XX and even the Levante to a lesser extent before buying. What has been the biggest disappointment is that the XX rods were wrapped in a woven carbon fiber bracing that gave the appearance of a snake's skin. Form follows function. The xXx rods just have a woven graphic of snakes skin heat shrunk over the blank. Form over function is the motif of the xXx rods IMO.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:30 am

Black Elseil and Steez limited with 1010 spool.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:39 am

That's a beautiful combo!

The Tackle Trap finally got in a good stock of some of the harder to get models including the Venom, Super Orochi, Cover Hacking, and the very popular Chimaera!

Check them out if you haven't already - Megabass XXX Casting Rods @ The Tackle Trap
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

DanTheFireman
Angler
Angler

Post by DanTheFireman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:56 am

I've fished the Super Orochi for a few days now and really love it. It balances perfect with a little heavier reel (Antares), the "regular" action is great, not too whippy which was a concern. It will probably go to Brazil in December, plenty of backbone for big peas on jerk baits to follow the topwater misses.

My go to favorite lately had been a Metanium mgl on a Kistler He3 LMH which is a lighter setup but the xXx is right in there.
fish for brains