Shattered my P3 Bearing Down

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
majayyer
Angler
Angler

Re: Shattered my P3 Bearing Down

Post by majayyer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 pm

The first day I went out with my FMJ, I was pond fishing flipping it with a T-rigged brush hog with 3/4 tungsten. I had a bite and set the hook and missed the fish but the weight flew straight at my face. But with my jedi skills, I blocked it with my FMJ and it cracked my pole...Completely my fault here. Emailed megabass and Catherine, from Megabass, took real good care of me. Thats why I love everything megabass. They got great people working for them.

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Such a sad topic but it happens. It happened to me one time on a hookset using an older Daiwa Texas rig rod. It was like a broomstick. I was fishing a 1/4 jig and snapped like a toothpick on a stud fish. I hand fought the fish for a while before the line went limp. Funny but I remember my buddy who was hanging out with me who also wasn’t much for fishing freaked out :lol:

I recently picked up a p3 BD and love it. Hope you find something soon to replace it. Good luck!!

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 pm

majayyer wrote:The first day I went out with my FMJ, I was pond fishing flipping it with a T-rigged brush hog with 3/4 tungsten. I had a bite and set the hook and missed the fish but the weight flew straight at my face. But with my jedi skills, I blocked it with my FMJ and it cracked my pole...Completely my fault here. Emailed megabass and Catherine, from Megabass, took real good care of me. Thats why I love everything megabass. They got great people working for them.
Hmm, I wonder if I should try emailing them

majayyer
Angler
Angler

Post by majayyer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:19 pm

j2015 wrote:
majayyer wrote:The first day I went out with my FMJ, I was pond fishing flipping it with a T-rigged brush hog with 3/4 tungsten. I had a bite and set the hook and missed the fish but the weight flew straight at my face. But with my jedi skills, I blocked it with my FMJ and it cracked my pole...Completely my fault here. Emailed megabass and Catherine, from Megabass, took real good care of me. Thats why I love everything megabass. They got great people working for them.
I bought mine from Tacklewarehouse, so it came with the warranty.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:03 pm

j2015 wrote:
It won't do you any good unless you bought the rod new from an authorized Megabass USA dealer in the US, have proof of purchase, and are within the warranty period.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:47 pm

bronzefly wrote:
j2015 wrote:
It won't do you any good unless you bought the rod new from an authorized Megabass USA dealer in the US, have proof of purchase, and are within the warranty period.
3 strikes... :lol: