Major Craft spinning rods question

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Major Craft spinning rods question

Post by earthworm77 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 am

I own 5 MC spinning rods for bass fishing. All are fast action UL to ML power. I am looking for a true medium power 6-8 to 7-2 MC rod for bass fishing that can handle from 1/8oz thru 3/8oz and up to 12lb line....... but can't seem to find anything. I have seen a few with "M" in their model number but they seem to have the same line and lure weight as the lighter models.

I really have had a great experience with this brand and would like to find a rod that fits my needs from them.....any suggestions?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Major Craft spinning rods question

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 am

Spinning or casting

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Spinning

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:03 pm

I would recommend you wait until they release the MS-1 rods. The last time I spoke to the Major Craft folks weas during the Fred Hall show when I was sampling their prototype MS-1 swimbait rods (7'6" and 7'10" rods). Their plans were to release at least two heavier duty spinning rods that were more in line with what the US market needs including a MH action. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed that there was no Bassathon in SOCAL this year as that's where I usually buy their rods from them.