Zpi Nrc001-PG

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Zpi Nrc001-PG

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:54 am

Alright, who's running one of these spools in either a Steez SV103 OR Tdz Type R+?
What are you throwing with it, and where are you keeping the brake dial at?
I'm trying to find the perfect spool for my Steez SV103. Here's what I've tried
Stock SV spool - just didn't do it for me. Too much braking and untapped reel potential
Steez SV TW G1 1016 spool - keep the brake dial at 5, anything below she gets a little to fluffy. Best so far, but I know there's better.
Slp Rcs G1 1012SV spool - yeah, can you say maniac. Anything lower than 8.5 on the dial was nuts
Zpi Nrc001-m spool - about the same as the G1 1012SV
I was thinking the Zillion SV TW spool might be a good fit, but I also know the rotor / inductor is smaller, however the spool is not ported. I think it will be faster than the Steez SV TW spool.
Also considering the dimpled 103 / 105. SV spools from the limited Steez reels. If you guys like the Nrc001-PG in either of these platforms, let me know.
Got anything else - I'm all ears
Thx TT

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zpi Nrc001-PG

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 am

I am in a similar issue hunting for an SS/SV spool. I am so tired of waiting for another Zillion SV TW spool, that I am tempted to order an Aliexpress DIY deep spool for the ZillionSV/103/etc. reels and putting it in the SS/SV. I honestly think the Steez SV TW spool out shines the Zillion SV TW spool in just about all areas though. Not so sure about the SV103 ($400) Steez, have a friend who fishes both the 8.1 and 6.3, and personally I feel my Zillion SV TW can out cast it.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:44 pm

I have not tried the ZPI PG spool in my Steez or TD-Z yet. So far only in my Zillion SV. Tension is set loose with a slight spool knock. Mag dial is on 8-10 usually.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:I am in a similar issue hunting for an SS/SV spool. I am so tired of waiting for another Zillion SV TW spool, that I am tempted to order an Aliexpress DIY deep spool for the ZillionSV/103/etc. reels and putting it in the SS/SV. I honestly think the Steez SV TW spool out shines the Zillion SV TW spool in just about all areas though. Not so sure about the SV103 ($400) Steez, have a friend who fishes both the 8.1 and 6.3, and personally I feel my Zillion SV TW can out cast it.
I'm sure the Zillion SV TW will outcast the Steez SV103. The spool in the Zillion has a smaller rotor, even more so than the Steez SV TW rotor. Put the Zillion spool in his Steez and get ready :big grin:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:I am in a similar issue hunting for an SS/SV spool. I am so tired of waiting for another Zillion SV TW spool, that I am tempted to order an Aliexpress DIY deep spool for the ZillionSV/103/etc. reels and putting it in the SS/SV. I honestly think the Steez SV TW spool out shines the Zillion SV TW spool in just about all areas though. Not so sure about the SV103 ($400) Steez, have a friend who fishes both the 8.1 and 6.3, and personally I feel my Zillion SV TW can out cast it.
I'm sure the Zillion SV TW will outcast the Steez SV103. The spool in the Zillion has a smaller rotor, even more so than the Steez SV TW rotor. Put the Zillion spool in his Steez and get ready :big grin:
Wish I could buy a second, I called Daiwa after TackleTrap and they said the same thing... Sold out with no idea when they will be back in stock. Tempted to try a deeper DIY for the SS/SV... Is the SV103 spool much different???

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wish I could buy a second, I called Daiwa after TackleTrap and they said the same thing... Sold out with no idea when they will be back in stock. Tempted to try a deeper DIY for the SS/SV... Is the SV103 spool much different???
Yes, the SV103 spool would not be a good choice for an SS SV. I don't think you'd get much performance increase. If I still owned one, best believe I'd be plugging it with either an Slp G1 1012SV or G1 1016SV, depending on what my line capacity requirements were.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:00 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Yes, the SV103 spool would not be a good choice for an SS SV. I don't think you'd get much performance increase. If I still owned one, best believe I'd be plugging it with either an Slp G1 1012SV or G1 1016SV, depending on what my line capacity requirements were.
That's what I am after. Just cannot find them in stock and the 1012 is unreal expensive. The DIY deep spool is pretty light too though. I just don't know how long it will be before the G1 1016SV can be found.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:04 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
That's what I am after. Just cannot find them in stock and the 1012 is unreal expensive. The DIY deep spool is pretty light too though. I just don't know how long it will be before the G1 1016SV can be found.
I have a G1 1012SV for sale on the forum if you're interested

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote: I'm sure the Zillion SV TW will outcast the Steez SV103. The spool in the Zillion has a smaller rotor, even more so than the Steez SV TW rotor. Put the Zillion spool in his Steez and get ready :big grin:
Yeah I am for sure. Is it a stock style Daiwa spool or an aftermarket? I am assuming that is the spool that comes with the 8.1 ratio JDM Steez SV TW? Just guessing, my spoolology isn't as good as others.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:27 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Alright, who's running one of these spools in either a Steez SV103 OR Tdz Type R+?
Stock SV spool - just didn't do it for me. Too much braking and untapped reel potential
Steez SV TW G1 1016 spool - keep the brake dial at 5, anything below she gets a little to fluffy. Best so far, but I know there's better.
Slp Rcs G1 1012SV spool - yeah, can you say maniac. Anything lower than 8.5 on the dial was nuts
I was thinking the Zillion SV TW spool might be a good fit, but I also know the rotor / inductor is smaller, however the spool is not ported. I think it will be faster than the Steez SV TW spool.
Also considering the dimpled 103 / 105. SV spools from the limited Steez reels. If you guys like the Nrc001-PG in either of these platforms, let me know.
Thx TT
I haven't used the PG spool in those platforms, but I have one in my SV103. Same as you, stock spool was too restrictive for what I wanted. The stock spool and my Zillion SV TW spool both controlled fluoro well though.

This sucker is wild with fluoro. I couldn't get 12# and 10# to handle worth a crap without setting breaks up to 8ish. Pulled the fluoro and put on 30# J-Braid 8. I'm at 3.5-4 and distance on this setup is sick.

My guess is results will be close to other platforms using it.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:00 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Yeah I am for sure. Is it a stock style Daiwa spool or an aftermarket? I am assuming that is the spool that comes with the 8.1 ratio JDM Steez SV TW? Just guessing, my spoolology isn't as good as others.
It's the SLP-WORKS Rcs G1 1012SV spool. Same spool that comes with the 8:1 Steez SV TW. It's listed in the classifieds.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:04 pm

rockchalk06 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Alright, who's running one of these spools in either a Steez SV103 OR Tdz Type R+?
Thx TT
I haven't used the PG spool in those platforms, but I have one in my SV103. Same as you, stock spool was too restrictive for what I wanted. The stock spool and my Zillion SV TW spool both controlled fluoro well though.

This sucker is wild with fluoro. I couldn't get 12# and 10# to handle worth a crap without setting breaks up to 8ish. Pulled the fluoro and put on 30# J-Braid 8. I'm at 3.5-4 and distance on this setup is sick.

My guess is results will be close to other platforms using it.
So you're using the PG in your SV103 and it's wild with fluoro? I believe the SV103 has a stronger polarity than old Daiwa reels such as a Tdz or OG Steez. You make a good point about switching to braid. Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to do that.