Zpi nrc001 m and pg with braid?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Zpi nrc001 m and pg with braid?

Post by wirinhar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:10 am

FamKench wrote:
wirinhar wrote:
FamKench wrote:I got my nrc001-m today from The Tackle Trap and put it into my steez a. Spooled with 40 lb samurai. It casts like a dream. Easily out casts with less effort the stock steez a spool with 3/8 oz squareBills at least.

Hi Kench,

I have the PG model, May I know how many meters/yards can 40lb samurai load into the M spool?

Thank you in advance.

WW
I spooled the samurai from my steez A spool. I was surprised when the m spool ended up taking all the braid to the mono backing of the steez a spool. The steez A did hold about 20 yards or so more mono backing though (I only spooled maybe 2 yards of backing on the M spool). An interesting tidbit though is that I was never able to cast to the backing with the steez A even with a 1 oz kast king spoon(those things can fly), therefore I know I will never cast to the backing on the M-spool also since it used the entire length of braid originally on the steez A spool. I do spool my baitcasting spools to be even with the lip so I'm guessing I got 110 yards + or - 10 yards of samurai on it.
Thanks so much for info, Kench!!!

FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FamKench » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 am

You're welcome. Are you planning on getting an M spool to add to your collection?

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:04 am

FamKench wrote:You're welcome. Are you planning on getting an M spool to add to your collection?
Hi Kench,

Yes....I might go for M but I need to try the PG first.

I am spending lots of time reading and watching u tubes and so on and on..... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,).

I contacted the ZPI direct and I was told that it would be safer to get the PG and I should have hold on my horses....

Anyway thanks again for the great info.

Regards,
WW

FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FamKench » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:19 am

I would have gotten the PG too if it wasn't preorder but I didnt want to wait.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am

FamKench wrote:I would have gotten the PG too if it wasn't preorder but I didnt want to wait.
Got my PG from taobao online.... it was 30% more expensive cause I couldn't wait but in fact I haven't tried yet it till now ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm

General question: How much different really are the M and PG ZPI spools? I have leaned toward the shallow M for river fishing, but if the difference is negligible, maybe I should go for the deeper PG in case I ever change techniques???

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:33 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:General question: How much different really are the M and PG ZPI spools? I have leaned toward the shallow M for river fishing, but if the difference is negligible, maybe I should go for the deeper PG in case I ever change techniques???
DirtyD64,

Call up Gary from tackle trap and I think he has been getting those spools for US market.

WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:10 am

wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:General question: How much different really are the M and PG ZPI spools? I have leaned toward the shallow M for river fishing, but if the difference is negligible, maybe I should go for the deeper PG in case I ever change techniques???
DirtyD64,

Call up Gary from tackle trap and I think he has been getting those spools for US market.

WW
I've spoke to them a few times before. Probably drive them crazy I have so many questions and talk so much. More or less they said the M should have plenty capacity for what I normally do (1/8-1/4 head with small swimbait or plastic) when using 12lb or less diameter fluorocarbon equivalent.

I just wanted to know if everyone here would give me the same answer or anyone else who might have extensively used both spools. It might sound crazy, but so far the Zillion SV TW spool in the Steez A (or in the Zillion SV TW itself) is about all the capability I would need where I get to fish...

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:44 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64,

WW
I've spoke to them a few times before. Probably drive them crazy I have so many questions and talk so much. More or less they said the M should have plenty capacity for what I normally do (1/8-1/4 head with small swimbait or plastic) when using 12lb or less diameter fluorocarbon equivalent.

I just wanted to know if everyone here would give me the same answer or anyone else who might have extensively used both spools. It might sound crazy, but so far the Zillion SV TW spool in the Steez A (or in the Zillion SV TW itself) is about all the capability I would need where I get to fish...
Hi DirtyD64,

I am using YGK Castman Full Drag Pe#3 (55lb) (0.285mm/0,011inch) and I am spooling 75meters/82 yards.

Will share the picture with you when I get back home.

many people think I am crazy as well cause I have been asking too many questions ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) but I just wanna make sure I am buying the right stuffs :D

WW

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:23 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64,

WW

Maybe i can spool another 25 meters which I don't think I need it...so M will be great size.

Hope it helps.
z1.jpg
z1.jpg (174.55 KiB) Viewed 7336 times
Z2.jpg
Z2.jpg (180.3 KiB) Viewed 7336 times
Z3.jpg
Z3.jpg (192.7 KiB) Viewed 7336 times
WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:46 am

wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64,

WW

Maybe i can spool another 25 meters which I don't think I need it...so M will be great size.

WW
Yes, thank you very much. Those ZPI spools are constructed very clean looking.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:General question: How much different really are the M and PG ZPI spools?
Besides their respective line capacity, I'm curious about this and rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd quote this. These have been out for awhile so maybe someone can chime in on their experiences with the two spools.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Mike son wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:General question: How much different really are the M and PG ZPI spools?
Besides their respective line capacity, I'm curious about this and rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd quote this. These have been out for awhile so maybe someone can chime in on their experiences with the two spools.
I used both spools all of last year. They are both excellent but very different spools.

The M spool in my hands feels like more like a bait finesse spool also capable of casting standard sized baits for great distance. It feels most natural and in the zone with below 3/8 oz. You can use it with light line as a bait finesse spool with great results. When you go 3/8 oz and above you can still get great distance without backlash but it feels a little out of control as if the bait is heavier than the ideal zone of the spool. I personally get great distance but lose a little accuracy with baits above 3/8 oz with the M spool. Perfect spool in a setup where you are throwing allot of lighter baits but aren't going full bait finesse.

The PG spool is in my opinion possibly the best all around bass spool ever made. It isn't quite as fast as the M spool. But it still has outstanding spool control where you have no fear of backlash like the SV spools, but it still feels somewhat fast and fun but without the wild child element of other fast spools. It has enough control to skip with and at the same time casts for great distance with little effort. It feels most in the zone to me from 1/4 to 3/4 oz. You can go below 1/4 oz but at that point the M spool or bait finesse spool performs better. You can go above 3/4 oz but at that point a heavier spool feels more controlled. But for the vast majority of normal bass fishing the PG spools combination of distance, control, and ease of casting can't be beat. It also in my hands just has a very fun casting feel to it I don't really know how to describe.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:36 pm

hungry_cow wrote:
Mike son wrote:
I used both spools all of last year. They are both excellent but very different spools.

The M spool in my hands feels like more like a bait finesse spool also capable of casting standard sized baits for great distance. It feels most natural and in the zone with below 3/8 oz. You can use it with light line as a bait finesse spool with great results. When you go 3/8 oz and above you can still get great distance without backlash but it feels a little out of control as if the bait is heavier than the ideal zone of the spool. I personally get great distance but lose a little accuracy with baits above 3/8 oz with the M spool. Perfect spool in a setup where you are throwing allot of lighter baits but aren't going full bait finesse.

The PG spool is in my opinion possibly the best all around bass spool ever made. It isn't quite as fast as the M spool. But it still has outstanding spool control where you have no fear of backlash like the SV spools, but it still feels somewhat fast and fun but without the wild child element of other fast spools. It has enough control to skip with and at the same time casts for great distance with little effort. It feels most in the zone to me from 1/4 to 3/4 oz. You can go below 1/4 oz but at that point the M spool or bait finesse spool performs better. You can go above 3/4 oz but at that point a heavier spool feels more controlled. But for the vast majority of normal bass fishing the PG spools combination of distance, control, and ease of casting can't be beat. It also in my hands just has a very fun casting feel to it I don't really know how to describe.
Thanks! Exactly the kind of info I hoped I would get

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:20 pm

I am with Mike son - hungry_cow that was very well put. Thanks =D> . I agree with you on the M spool, which I mostly use with 4-7 gram lures (1/8-1/4 oz). On the PG I will add that it is also a fantastic spool for species such as very large trout and salmon - the PG gives you large line capacity with the ability to present light-ish lures. Not many spools or baitcasting reels out there that can do that.