Do I need a BFS reel?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Do I need a BFS reel?

Post by Strewth » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Another really solid option would be the Steez SV TW or Zillion SV TW with a Zpi Nrc001-m spool. Can accommodate and excel with 1/8 oz, but provides you with plenty of line for most situations.
This. I also use my Steez A's with the 1012SV G1 and Megabass IS Finesse spools to throw ultralight jigs and minnows with 6 lb Fireline Ultra. I use both a custom Northfork FW702 and a Tsurinoya C632UL Proflex 2 to give 30+ m distance with a 1/8 jig head. The ZPI-M spool handles light stuff very well, but does hold more line than the other two options (around 120m of 30lb braid).

southpaw619
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by southpaw619 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:04 pm

LowRange wrote:What about an Aldebaran 30 MGL? It should appeal to someone familiar with the Met MGL looking to go lighter. According to Jun it is best at 3/16 oz and up which a 1/8 oz spinnerbait would wall within. Ned rigs too. It might have too much cross over with the Met MGL. I honestly don't know but it looks like a great power BFS centrifugal reel.
I picked one up recently with a KTF spool. Today it handled a 1/15 oz ZMAN head with a TRD Minnow and DS a 3" Alive Shad with an 1/8th ounce weight just fine.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:47 pm

that's a silly question as this is Tackle Tour and the answer will be yes. if you ask if you need something on here the answer always be yes and if its a choice between 2 the answer is buy both.