Best rod....

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Best rod....

Post by SapperTyler » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:47 pm

I need a good medium fast action rod able the throw from 1/8ish - 1/4 up to about 1/2oz lures that is around $70 to $100 something that is decent quaility to pair with my Tatula SV

PerchHater
Angler
Angler

Re: Best rod....

Post by PerchHater » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 am

There are a ton of decent options at $100 from Tatulas, to BassX, to Omens. Sub 100 it gets a little tougher, 13's Defy series are decent treble hook bait rods as they aren't the most sensitive but tend to have a slower action than the fast that they state. Tacklewarehouse's 25 days sale is still going on, so you can definitely find bang for your buck if you hit that up before it ends.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:41 am

Moving or bottom contact? You may be able to find a first gen Tat 6101MXB. That would be my suggestion for single hook baits in that range. If those are too scarce I'd look for a 2nd gen M/F-XF stick.

Or this. People seem to like these and there's a 701MFB:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_T ... e-XTS.html
This is the way.

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brad in Texas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:18 am

Well, just before Christmas St. Croix had a promotion on combos, both spinning and casting where the rods went by the name, Reign. The Spinning rod set up had an inexpensive reel and it went for $79 or $89 dollars, can't recall which. The casting combo went for $109.

I had some gaps in my rod assortment I wanted to fill so I bought one of each. The rods? It appears they are essentially St. Croix - made rods using their SCII material. Maybe they have cheaper components, none evident to me, but the basic rods appear to be similar to $100+ St. Croix rods.

Not certain what a rod by itself would cost but worth a contact to find out.

Here, from the website:

REIGN CASTING RODS feature:
Premium quality SCII graphite.
Hard aluminum-oxide guides with black frames.
Fuji® DPS reel seat with black hoods on spinning models.
Fuji® ECS reel seat with black hoods on casting models.
Premium-grade EVA split-grip handle.
Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
2-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
Outstanding strength, sensitivity and hook-setting power.
Designed in Park Falls and handcrafted in Fresnillo, Mexico.

Brad