Megabass levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
shimanogloomis man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass levante

Post by shimanogloomis man » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:58 pm

M Perry wrote:
M Perry wrote:
LowRange wrote:Will there be a 110 jerkbait stick?
Yes. There is a Jerkbait Special
Hopefully a spinning jerkbait rod ??
Shimano and Gloomis just kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc 225

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:28 pm

shimanogloomis man wrote:
M Perry wrote:
M Perry wrote:
LowRange wrote:Will there be a 110 jerkbait stick?
Yes. There is a Jerkbait Special
Hopefully a spinning jerkbait rod ??
There is currently not a spinning model designed solely for a jerkbait. Of the 3 spinning models available maybe one will appeal to you as others find them versatile enough to use them for that. I tend to stay with a baitcaster for jerkbaits. Maybe down the road a spinning model for the 110 could happen but as of today its not there.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Here are a few more pix. Keep in mind mine are prototype pictures so cosmetically you will see a couple of differences from the finished product pictures I posted. I removed the Big Gabot frog from hook keeper to show the keeper better.

Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Poisson » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Looks like a big step up over the prior generation aesthetically, thanks for the pics!

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Really wish I needed another rod. Just got to tying up some NFC blanks I bought a few months ago
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Poisson wrote:Looks like a big step up over the prior generation aesthetically, thanks for the pics!
x2

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:Really wish I needed another rod. Just got to tying up some NFC blanks I bought a few months ago
I don't "need" a crankbait rod, but I don't yet have one. I have predominantly shorter rods, so I was thinking the Levante Launcher would cover both the "crankbait" and "crazy long" bases.

I just need to measure my car to make sure it will fit ;)

Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Poisson » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:49 pm

Houndfish wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:Really wish I needed another rod. Just got to tying up some NFC blanks I bought a few months ago
I don't "need" a crankbait rod, but I don't yet have one. I have predominantly shorter rods, so I was thinking the Levante Launcher would cover both the "crankbait" and "crazy long" bases.

I just need to measure my car to make sure it will fit ;)
The hookup tackle doesn't have the Launcher, Swingfire, or Ronin listed among the new Levantes, maybe M Perry can confirm those models are Orochi XX exclusives?

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:19 pm

M Perry wrote:Here are a few more pix. Keep in mind mine are prototype pictures so cosmetically you will see a couple of differences from the finished product pictures I posted. I removed the Big Gabot frog from hook keeper to show the keeper better.

Is that Gabot frog a new model? Something about it looks "different"

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:34 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
M Perry wrote:Here are a few more pix. Keep in mind mine are prototype pictures so cosmetically you will see a couple of differences from the finished product pictures I posted. I removed the Big Gabot frog from hook keeper to show the keeper better.

Is that Gabot frog a new model? Something about it looks "different"

Yes its new....its the Big Gabot...its full size. Significantly bigger than the regular Gabot. Been playing with prototypes for a couple of years now and its finally ready. Its a beast...I love it. The silicone legs are full length, the picture just makes them look shorter. It should be out by late spring I hope.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:23 pm

M Perry wrote:Of the 3 spinning models available maybe one will appeal to you as others find them versatile enough to use them for that.
Have you played around with the spinning rods? What kind of guides are on them?

Looking for a non-dropshot all arounder...1/8 - 1/4oz jighead + finesse swimbait and small jerkbaits to 3/8.

f3.5 Shakyhead?

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:39 pm

why can't any company put the hook hanger in the right place ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:32 pm

It is where your hands don't go and isn't going to catch line behind the reel. Seems like a good place to me? It is where I put my snap on bait keepers on rods without factory ones.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:50 am

LowRange wrote:It is where your hands don't go and isn't going to catch line behind the reel. Seems like a good place to me? It is where I put my snap on bait keepers on rods without factory ones.
It’s in the wrong place because in a perfect world all rods would have full cork handles ;)

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am

triple_illusion wrote:why can't any company put the hook hanger in the right place ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

The next time my hand hits it while fishing will be the first time it has hit. Literally have had zero issues with its location.