Affordable JDM UL spinning

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
heyitzpetah
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Affordable JDM UL spinning

Post by heyitzpetah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:15 pm

I'm in the market for an UL JDM rod around 100-200$ used for trout fishing. I will be throwing 1/32-1/16 oz mini jigs, mostly in big lakes, preferably a rod with decent sensitivity to boot with some backbone to fight the occasional large mouth. I did some research and the shimano sore BB looks pretty good, or the daiwa iprimi 66ul. Not trying to spend too much yet with my first JDM rod, so I hope to get some recommendations on some mid range to low end JDM UL to get me started. Thanks!

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Affordable JDM UL spinning

Post by Craigthor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 pm

At $200 you’d be close to the ‘18 Corto Graphiteleader series of rods, this doesn’t include the reel. For a reel that would be super subjective in what you want and like. I prefer a low retrieve rate reel in a 1000 series size. What length are you looking for on a rod? What kind of areas will you be fishing slow areas or faster/ gradient streams?

heyitzpetah
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by heyitzpetah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm

I prefer 6'6-7'0 ft rods. I generally don't fish any body of water with fast moving water. Thanks for the input I will look into that rod.

Wpeart7
Angler
Angler

Post by Wpeart7 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:26 pm

I love my Shimano Soare BB Ajing. 610 L model, throws everything from a 1/64 trout magnet to a 1/8 roostertail extremely well. Think I paid $120 shipped.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:00 pm

heyitzpetah wrote:I'm in the market for an UL JDM rod around 100-200$ used for trout fishing. I will be throwing 1/32-1/16 oz mini jigs, mostly in big lakes, preferably a rod with decent sensitivity to boot with some backbone to fight the occasional large mouth. I did some research and the shimano sore BB looks pretty good, or the daiwa iprimi 66ul. Not trying to spend too much yet with my first JDM rod, so I hope to get some recommendations on some mid range to low end JDM UL to get me started. Thanks!
There are several rods that will fit what you want....but I doubt the Daiwa Iprimi is one of them...no matter the model. While they have a place sensitivity is not high on the list.....with only an 84 percent graphite content....and no backbone to them. Of course high graphite content is not all that is required to make a rod sensitive. If you would narrow the price range to be more exact we could give you some recommendations.....big difference in a 100 dollar and a 200 dollar JDM rod.

Regards